• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon: Ishin |OT| Bath Kyodais

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yeah, Brawler is very weak. The only advantageous thing for it I've seens so far is that it's the only mode which lets you 'grab' people. Otherwise I've been 80% swords and the rest divided among the others to try and get them leveled up here and there.

adamsapple

FYI guys.

If you want to make the text dialogues proceed at hyper speed, hold down RB/R1 and keep A/X pressed down.

Very helpful if you just want to blaze through the boxes when doing mundane things like the cooking min game etc.

adamsapple

They’re still sending the confirmation email for Ishin codes a short moment after signing up so if you didn’t get that I’d try a re-sub or a new email.

I've signed up via 2 emails, I got the confirmation emails on both which said that they will send the code after the 21st but I haven't gotten the email with the code on either of those emails :(

I'm afraid if might have been a thing where they only sent codes if you signed up before the games release.

NanaMiku

Grinded the chicken minigame for a couple of hours and now I'm loaded with money.
Any guide out there? I just tried it yesterday but too lazy to analyze the stats

Man. Another Life is addictive as fuck. I've completely abandoned the main quest for the simple life of farming and paying off Haruka's property rent lol.
Ah yes, the joy of farming mode lol. Try Sakuna: of Rice and Ruin, the farming in that game is really good. It's so good that people used the government website as guide to plant rice

I've signed up via 2 emails, I got the confirmation emails on both which said that they will send the code after the 21st but I haven't gotten the email with the code on either of those emails :(

I'm afraid if might have been a thing where they only sent codes if you signed up before the games release.
Have faith, kyoudai! 💪

adamsapple

Achievement for completing the Another Life sub-plot unlocked.

Whelp. I guess I can finally start playing the actual game now lol.

fnGTZcS.png

SkylineRKR

Yeah the chicken stuff is best to brute force. I started it with 500 ish so in the beginning I did use the stats (you need to factor in the recent results, like 212, the arrow pointing upwards which is their form, and the symbols, having 4 circle symbols is best, double circles means they are clear cut favourite) and save scum. but once you can spread more it becomes easier. Just bet on all outcomes with your favourite being first place, and reload if you lose.

SkylineRKR

I hate how much RNG is in this minigame. You can have a chicken with the best condition and double circles and yet it can still lose the race by quite a lot.

Yes, this is why you need to save scum. But for the most part, the clear cut favourites win the most of the time. I put 300 on all finish orders with the best chicken in first place. Or you place bets on the 2 or even 3 possible winners to even the odds, or skip the race if its absolutely not obvious.

Its also down to their past results on short, mid or long courses.

zokie

felt gulity for not playing ishin due to wolong demo and am glad i do not have to pay either $ for season pass at there are so many things to do in the game
especially " story of seasons " crops growing and cooking

Reactions: Isa

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Man, that bossfight against Okita Soji, pure fanservice bliss. Loved the music he got this time around, the feudal japan theme mixed with the usual Yakuza music style is really cool.

Last edited:

adamsapple

If I never played Yakuza games, is this a good one to start with?

Yes. This is a completely unique story. The only parallel is that the main characters look and sound exactly like the core cast of Yakuza. It's like the cast of Yakuza is putting on a stage play as different people.

You will have somewhat more enjoyment if you know those characters, but it is absolutely not required knowledge.

This is pretty much a stand-alone game. And the combat mechanics are pretty easy yet intuitive to get into.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Man crafting is crazy expensive. I exploit the chicken race, buy and sell a dozen of platinum medals. But after just a few crafts I am broke. Now I am sitting on 150k tags lol. I had a 3 win streak without save scum, eventually you know what chicken is most likely going to win. 3x 38k tags.

Apparently there is a bug:

This means, if you bet, exit the race and then immediately start the race you won't use any tags. So if you bet on all chickens, you will always win.

EDIT: Yeah this works. I placed many 300's on Tosan Pride, then pressed on exit race and straight to start race. He lost and I didn't lose any tags. Second time I won 49k with Egg Janaika while not losing any tags from the bet.

This means you don't have to save scum ever. And, if you want guaranteed wins, bet on all. But this is an annoying process as you have to manually select and press left on dozens of rows. But, you will win many tags always. So, choose exit, but then quickly start race. thats all.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Oh man this newsletter exclusive "Waterdrop" sword is basically breaking the game apart.

It sends any enemy flying and incapacitates them after a couple of strikes, even bosses. Way too OP lol.

RNG

Man crafting is crazy expensive. I exploit the chicken race, buy and sell a dozen of platinum medals. But after just a few crafts I am broke. Now I am sitting on 150k tags lol. I had a 3 win streak without save scum, eventually you know what chicken is most likely going to win. 3x 38k tags.

This means, if you bet, exit the race and then immediately start the race you won't use any tags. So if you bet on all chickens, you will always win.

EDIT: Yeah this works. I placed many 300's on Tosan Pride, then pressed on exit race and straight to start race. He lost and I didn't lose any tags. Second time I won 49k with Egg Janaika while not losing any tags from the bet.

This means you don't have to save scum ever. And, if you want guaranteed wins, bet on all. But this is an annoying process as you have to manually select and press left on dozens of rows. But, you will win many tags always. So, choose exit, but then quickly start race. thats all.

Took me a while to wrap my head around on why you needed to press Exit until I figured out you get a full refund on all your bets. This shit is beyond broken lol, love it.

adamsapple

Yo, thanks for sharing this.

Crafting is expensive as fuck and this is helpful lol.

SkylineRKR

Took me a while to wrap my head around on why you needed to press Exit until I figured out you get a full refund on all your bets. This shit is beyond broken lol, love it.

You are not alone. When I watched the video I was like so yeah, hes betting on all and always wins... nothing to see here. But then I realized it too, your bets get refunded. Yeah its broken but I see prices of 60 ryo for a sword. Might buy an army worth of handy blades or whatever the cheap one is called, and donate first.

Last edited:
Hilarious but awesome and needed glitch given how expensive stuff is.

At first I was like wait this will cost way too much to even exploit, but if you just start with single bets, then put in some qunellas once you have enough, eventually you start racking up the points.

adamsapple

Just a little something, but in my opinion the best way to utilize this chicken race exploit is to use the Triple Exacta only, no need to select every single option in the Dividend results, just select the ones in Tripple Exacta.

1. This will save you a shit ton of time and tapping (and sanity)
2. You get 16~K chips every race. You can easily get 100,000 chips in 5 to 6 minutes earning you tons of Rio any time you need it.

Just a little something, but in my opinion the best way to utilize this chicken race exploit is to use the Triple Exacta only, no need to select every single option in the Dividend results, just select the ones in Tripple Exacta.

1. This will save you a shit ton of time and tapping (and sanity)
2. You get 16~K chips every race. You can easily get 100,000 chips in 5 to 6 minutes earning you tons of Rio any time you need it.
Yeah, the triple pays roughly half but has less than half the boxes to bet. I've actually found if you bet everything but the last column it roughly evens out and is still much faster.

adamsapple

This fucking prize wheel is a scam. I've been spinning and save scumming for half hour and not a single fucking hammer :(

TwinB242

I only now unlocked the trooper cards. Every time I think i've seen most of what the game has to offer it just drops some crazy elaborate new systems and mechanics on you. I wish more games were like this series in the way that it consistently manages to surprise the player.

adamsapple

Oh fuck yes, managed to get the legendary flaming sword via crafting thanks to the money farming exploit.

This shit is on fiiireeeeee ... literally.

Difv6bl.jpg

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Apparently, the smithing costs a LOT more in this remake than it did in the original.

56 ryo for just ONE sword!? Yeah, no, don't think I'll be platinuming this one, regardless of how much fun the combat is.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Oh fuck yes, managed to get the legendary flaming sword via crafting thanks to the money farming exploit.

This shit is on fiiireeeeee ... literally.

Difv6bl.jpg

What does the fire effect do, exactly?

What do all the elements, do, actually? What does Light do, for instance? Poison seems self-explanatory.

Top Bottom