• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 3: Rules, current draft positions and more inside!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
If I am in the league, if there is enough room for me, what is my position in the draft?? I dont want a crappy team, This will be my first time playing the game, well second, actually... I dont mind losing at all.. just want to have fun...

don't worry malley, i don't think anyone wants the chiefs. your draft position, sadly, is second to last however as you haven't played in the leagues yet and you were the second to last person to join

Updated Draft positions:

1. DJ Demon
2. Truelize
3. HGPlayer
4. DSkillz
5. Fifty
6. CK
7. MrBob
8. Gunstar
9. Matrix
10. FMT
11. Ramirez
12. DM
13. Slo
14. Maverick
15. Rors
16. Bog
17. Malleymal
18. Lonestar (if he plays, or whoever gets #18 spot)

Fifty

But as you told me, the playoffs will affect the draft positions drastically, right? So even though I'm near the bottom now, if I win two playoff games (since there are TWO wildcards :( ) I'll be left with a bad pick. I still think we should base the picks on the regular season only, and that way we can speed up the season 3 selection process as well, since it'll be going during the playoffs.

Mrbob

Fifty said:
But as you told me, the playoffs will affect the draft positions drastically, right? So even though I'm near the bottom now, if I win two playoff games (since there are TWO wildcards :( ) I'll be left with a bad pick. I still think we should base the picks on the regular season only, and that way we can speed up the season 3 selection process as well, since it'll be going during the playoffs.

No way. Because it could allow you to tank your final couple games on purpose just for a higher draft pick in season 3 while still making the playoffs.

sports_feature.jpg

You play to win the game!

hey guys, can everyone send me a PM of the top 5 teams you want in season 3? if nothing overlaps, we can get started on signing in ASAP.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY IN SEASON 3, PM ME YOUR TOP 5 LIST OF TEAMS ASAP PLEASE, THANKS FRIENDS

Mrbob

Wait, wait, wait. Patriots, Falcons, and Eagles are your top three picks??? :lol Oh man. Please put me in a different conference! I don't know if I can take 3 more regular season games against the Falcons! -___-

I know Fifty has problems with the Pats but at least Brady is stoppable. Mike Vick is the biggest cheese in this game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Wait, wait, wait. Patriots, Falcons, and Eagles are your top three picks??? :lol Oh man. Please put me in a different conference! I don't know if I can take 3 more regular season games against the Falcons! -___-

I know Fifty has problems with the Pats but at least Brady is stoppable. Mike Vick is the biggest cheese in this game.

Yea thats what I was laughing about,anyone who has to play CK with anyone of those teams 3 times a season is fucked.

Mrbob

If we want some balance in season 3, I implore those who are struggling in season 2 to take the patriots, falcons, and eagles as your first picks! :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ck is already a great player,with the Falcons or Pats...good god,glad I'm not in that division :D

Hopefully for your sake Bob.....the people who draft first who have struggled will remove all the great teams off the board.

CK,I know whats its like to play with a pretty shitty team *I did use the Texans in season 1* but I think with your skill level you dont need such dominating teams.I would look to play with a team that can run and shoot :lol ,plus play D ...the Ravens! Ravens are not even considered a top team in the game,people wont feel bad having to play you 3 times then and want to switch divisons *looks at crybaby bob*

I have to deal with Ram in season 3...Ive already been screwed over more than anyone :lol

Ramirez

AFC Pro Bowlers
NFC Pro Bowlers
Pats
Eagles
Steelers

:D :D

But seriously...

1)Packers
2)Bengals
3)Lions
4)Seahawks
5)Panthers

Slo

No no no, take the team you want, I want to play fair. And I do want the Vikings, but at #13 it's pretty unlikely that I'll get them. The Pack was my sleeper team. :)

Matrix

Ramirez said:
Thought you wanted the Vikings?It doesn't matter to me who I get,I'll make it work :p

Thats it.....Ram gets the Texans.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:
Updated Draft positions:

1. DJ Demon
2. Truelize
3. HGPlayer
4. DSkillz
5. Fifty
6. CK
7. MrBob
8. Gunstar
9. Matrix
10. FMT
11. Ramirez
12. DM
13. Slo
14. Maverick
15. Rors
16. Bog
17. Malleymal
18. Lonestar (if he plays, or whoever gets #18 spot)

Shit, I gotta keep losing!!!!

Matrix

Ramirez said:
Your eternal hate for the Steelers means I can't play with your team :p :D

True :lol Ok you must take the Browns :p

Slo

Heh, it would be fun to have a little single elimination tourney where other people picked your teams for you. :lol

Matrix

Slo said:
Heh, it would be fun to have a little single elimination tourney where other people picked your teams for you. :lol

:lol That really would be fun.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Ck is already a great player,with the Falcons or Pats...good god,glad I'm not in that division :D

Hopefully for your sake Bob.....the people who draft first who have struggled will remove all the great teams off the board.

CK,I know whats its like to play with a pretty shitty team *I did use the Texans in season 1* but I think with your skill level you dont need such dominating teams.I would look to play with a team that can run and shoot :lol ,plus play D ...the Ravens! Ravens are not even considered a top team in the game,people wont feel bad having to play you 3 times then and want to switch divisons *looks at crybaby bob*

I have to deal with Ram in season 3...Ive already been screwed over more than anyone :lol

Oh come on. The only team I would pose a real threat with on that list would be the Vikings, since they are the only team I have played with for more than just a couple of games with.

I don't see the logic behind keeping me away from a super team. I'm using my favorite team now, a team who I've used for thousands of games, and I'm still 7-7. Compound that with the fact that I keep a notebook just for Madden 2005 player tendencies and strats against them, it's embarassing that I don't do better. I waste hours of prep time with each loss. It's pretty clear that there is something wrong with my playstyle to begin with, and that I would benefit from one of the better teams. I mean just look at Fifty, just because he picked the Colts he didn't get automatic wins. He is still working towards them.

Matrix, of all people, shouldn't be questioning my choice. He went from 5-9-2 to 10-4 just by picking the Ravens. Or what about FMT and the Jets?

Matrix

Im not questioning your choices,I just feel sorry for the people that have to play you three times if you use Vick.

I could care less if you pick any of those teams in the long wrong,I was just thinking you would do well with the Ravens.You would kill people with Lewis running,Heap is insane in the game and their D is one of the top D's,and despite what people think you can throw with Boller in this game.

If anything I was giving you props for playing so well with the Giants,I dont believe,which I guess you do,that you need Vick or the Pats to win...you have proven you are one of the best here,imo.

People have slammed Ram all season long cause of Vick and that he's won some of his games cheaply,dont be suprised if people look at your wins differently if you take them.As for the Pats I dont think they're that great in the game despite what other people think.

I still dont see where you think I'm questioning you,I just feel bad for anyone that has to go up against super Vick in the hands of a great player.

"It's pretty clear that there is something wrong with my playstyle to begin with, and that I would benefit from one of the better teams."

I dont get that,you're 7-7 with a shitty team,that proves that you have skill and your playstyle is good.

Also whats this supossed to mean...

"He went from 5-9-2 to 10-4 just by picking the Ravens"

Like you said look at Fifty,he has the Colts and hasnt had automatic wins,yet by me picking the Ravens its the reason Im winning?:\ Fifty didnt win as much with the Ravens as I have...Its the person playing the team that gets the wins.Yes I sucked ass with the Texans last season,look at what FMT did with the 9ers last season,won it all.Picking a better team doesnt = victories,its just picking a team with Vick when you're already really good imo is just ...nevermind...I might piss off Ram if I type it :p This all boils down to you thinking you stink when you dont..I just dont get it.

Matrix

Slo said:
You keep a "file" on each of the players in the GAF league? 0_o

CK = the Gaming-age Madden...I think its cool that he gets so into it,but some people might think its time for....

maddenjacket.jpg

Fifty

CK, is this all because of that game you played against FMT where you hit your monitor out of frustration? You were planning on using the DOLPHINS! We played a couple games, and they were great games. You had some weaknesses, yes, but you were able to run against me, your secondary was outstanding, and your pass rush was getting better. If you had picked the Dolphins, everyone in the league would have respected you for winning (which I'm sure you would have done) with them. I know it's frustrating to lose, but this just seems like the biggest copout.

Fifty

Slo said:

I've always thought it would be fun to do an entire season like that...except that instead of having other people pick teams for you (which could be vindictive) you'd have the commish draw names out of a hat or something. :D

Ramirez

Ive only won one game this year because of Vick!And that was against 50 when I shamelessly had to scramble with him for the TD :p But nothing was open :(

Fifty

Why not use the Ravens, CK? They have the best D in the game, they have a great TE, and a top 3 RB in the game. The thing is...their WRs aren't good, but at least you'd be using a team with an actual weakness, so that people could gameplan against you, and so that you could play to your strengths and weaknesses, rather than just having a stacked team at all positions.

Wellington said:
I mean just look at Fifty, just because he picked the Colts he didn't get automatic wins. He is still working towards them.

Use the Colts next season, by all means! They can pass great, but you know what I've said about their DBs. That is their weakness, and that's why they're not a top 3 team in this game. They have a gaping hole in their secondary, and people can exploit that. The Pats on the other hand...

Both of these teams have distinct advantages on one side of the ball, and distinct weaknesses in one area of the other side of the ball.

Matrix

Ramirez said:
Ive only won one game this year because of Vick!And that was against 50 when I shamelessly had to scramble with him for the TD :p But nothing was open :(

Yes but Vick has his super time in the pocket or scramble till everyone is open play,even FMT hates it.Im not saying you have done it,I havent even played you yet,but fmt has bitched about it and Ive seen plenty of random people do that with him.

I just wish injuries were on...Id like to hit stick Vick and knock him out for a season :p

Ramirez

Yea I know he has more time,but as I've said I won way more games with Tommy Gun Automaddox than I have with Vick so I don't think that has much to do with anything :lol

Oh and I'm LOVING these ideas about drawing teams out of a hat and stuff,but I know most of you wouldn't do it,heh.Have 2 hats,one for high picks of next season with all of the super teams and then the people have last pick get the non super teams in their hat :p

Slo

I dunno guys, I wouldn't mind playing 4-8 games with an assigned team, but I'd hate to have to play 16 games with a garbage team.

Or what about FMT and the Jets?

uh i won the superbowl in season 1 with one of the worst teams in the game (by the numbers that is)

p.s. none of you a-holes have the niners even ON YOUR LIST! unbelievable! rat doesn't like that... and neither does Kbar. I think you know what i have to do ladies...

also, the atlanta vicks are banned from now until forever in league play! unless there is an outcry from the majority of the players, i see no need for the falcons to be around

Mrbob

Fifty said:
Use the Colts next season, by all means! They can pass great, but you know what I've said about their DBs. That is their weakness, and that's why they're not a top 3 team in this game. They have a gaping hole in their secondary, and people can exploit that. The Pats on the other hand...

Oh man reading this paragraph seems like I'm looking in a mirror! :lol

My problem with Vick isn't the running, even though he does seem a bit supercharged. He should be elusive. The problem I have is how quick and fast he is at getting out of trouble and then zinging a 50 yard pass downfield right on the money. If Vick has one problem in real life it is his accuracy but his aim is dead on in Madden.

Fifty

What, you mean you agree? Or that the Rams are like the Colts?

Damn, you edited your post. It's obvious now that you meant the latter, ok.

Mrbob

Yeah what you describe is exactly how I would describe the Rams.

Pass great, good offense. But the DBs are pretty much garbage. Which I can overcome if my offense has a good game. But if they don't it usually means I am SoL. Although my defense has been playing somewhat better lately.

Ramirez

Vicks accuracy is anything but dead on in Madden...like I said in mine and 50's game,I had Warrick Dunn wide open and he threw it like 5 yards the other way with no pressure on him what so ever.

Mrbob

Well, I can only call experience from what I've seen in our games. And I've had much more experience playing Vick this season than Fifty. :p

Get ready though 'cause vengeance is in the air!

Ramirez

Well you know I could make a case that Dan Looker and Kevin Curtis shouldn't be beating double coverage,but they do,amazing!

Mrbob

:lol

Oh man have fun trying to equate the occasional catch against a player who can cheese it up every play. There is a reason why the Falcons are getting an outright ban in the league. :D

Besides, I liked it better when you were the Steelers and I beat you 20-0 with the Bears! :p

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Because it is time to shut Vick down come playoff time! :D

Fifty

Dammit, I wish I could have said I beat Ramirez, and I would have, if I had only spied Vick at the goal. I'm so stupid :lol

Shadax

Banned
In all of my games against Ramirez (3 I believe), Vick has misthrown maybe a half-dozen passes. That said, I don't care if someone uses the Falcons, it makes it all the more satisfying if I beat them.

Ramirez

Vick had a ton of bad throws in my game with HG tonight,plus my WRs couldn't catch shit either...

Oh man have fun trying to equate the occasional catch against a player who can cheese it up every play.

Yea because Looker and Curtis beat double coverage all the time in real life!Corners always work in Madden and thats usually what they're running,you ran them like 50 times that one game you came back with all those onside kicks,so don't talk to me about cheese.

Besides, I liked it better when you were the Steelers and I beat you 20-0 with the Bears! :p

Please,don't get me started,all you did was CB blitz because you knew it would work and there was absolutely no where I could run with Rothilbanger.

Fifty and HG made Vick a basic non factor in our games aside from the one scramble I got on 50,he's stoppable,especially with the way I play with him,I hardly ever run,I have no idea why you guys cry so much about it.

Top Bottom