• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 13, 2015 (Mar 23 - Mar 29)

KoopaTheCasual

I feel stupid reading after reading this tripe.

t5MCGnD.gif
Psst, he's joking.

Bloodborne is a system seller. No way around that. People need to stop comparing sales with older installments tho. It will only lead to disappointment, since the overall market in Japan is weak.

Shengar

But how big was the base? :p

And what are other games that released during the same.
Seriously, Competing against Bloodborne, One Piece, and SAO in one week? Too much audience overlap there that they wouldn't be able to spare time and money for Disgaea 5. I honestly hope that at least Disgaea 5 will have some legs.

I'm so glad SAO Lost Song for Vita was a success for two main reasons:
-They will likely develop a sequel
-Now Bamco has to localize this to the West, they have no excuses. GIVE IT TO ME. RIGHT NOW.
They will. The previous game was a huge success for them even if the translation was crappy.

When you have someone like Atram out there being serious and then someone like Road jumps in with the same type of comment, hard to discern who is the one joking vs. who is the one being serious lol.

mao2

SAO doing god's work.

How does Estival Versus sales compare?
All first week sales.

Senran Kagura - 52,206
Senran Kagura Burst - 69,084
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus - 94,324
Senran Kagura 2 - 46,496
Senran Kagura Estival Versus - 74,795 [PSV 44,548 + PS4 30,247]

Peff

Oh, man, it's been a while since the last time we had this much spinning in one thread. Good times.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
All first week sales.

Senran Kagura - 52,206
Senran Kagura 2 - 46,496

It seems the franchise is declining, but Estival Versus still pulled off good numbers. Huh, didn't remember Burst's debut being so close to EV's.

Conduit

Banned
01./00. [PS4] Bloodborne <RPG> (Sony Computer Entertainment) - 152.567 / NEW

Wow, didn't dark souls 1 and 2 sell over 250k first week?

Bloodborne is a huge bomba. From Software regretting going exclusive. It's nearly midnight in Japan and I bet everyone is in the studio working on the PC and Xbox one port.

Nice one! 9/10

All first week sales.

Senran Kagura - 52,206
Senran Kagura 2 - 46,496
More than 10k sales were digital so adding that, it is pretty decent result.

BB second week sales should be interesting to watch. Will it have the legs of Demon Souls? We will see.

akitaone

Banned
Why are you trying so hard to make us believe that Disgaea 5 isn't a total flop?

How am I trying hard to do anything? I'm just replying to posts. Saying 20K in sales is a flop is a total exaggeration...but you didn't read any of my other posts I assume. I don't see how an extra 10-20K makes this a hit.

Atram

When you have someone like Atram out there being serious and then someone like Road jumps in with the same type of comment, hard to discern who is the one joking vs. who is the one being serious lol.

where did i said the BB sales are not good? my point is a different one, but i see you did not understand the base part...

let´s enjoy all together this phenomenal BB sales \(^^)/

:p

Eolz

It seems the franchise is declining, but Estival Versus still pulled off good numbers. Huh, didn't remember Burst's debut being so close to EV's.

Yeah. I continue thinking the series future is on multiple platforms and in the west tbh.
Not a bright future, but it won't get really big in japan again unless they add more depth and market it a bit better.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Overall the PS4 did really good in march (last 5 weeks). It moved 1 million+ software units and 200k+ hardware units. I think sometimes we concentrate to much on individual numbers and don't see the bigger picture.

It won't keep this up obviously and will drop quite a bit the next couple months, but if anything it shows there is still console market out there in Japan.

Hellraider

Estival Versus numbers are disappointing but at least they're not flop-tier like SK2.

I still don't understand why it's declining the way it is. The best answer I can come with is that it just happened to be in the right place the right time with the first two(plus one) installments while the sales of the rest of them are more of what it was supposed to be doing in the first place.

I hope Atlus have Stella Glow's localization covered, since Neverland closing screwed Rune Factory 4's EU localization, XSEED had to step in and bring their NA localization to EU themselves. The reason was the programmer wasn't able to stick around.

Ricky 7

Old school OP, nice.

Nintendo need to release more games, they've had little presence in the charts the last couple of weeks which isn't good considering their normal dominance of these charts in the past.

Atram

Overall the PS4 did really good in march (last 5 weeks). It moved 1 million+ software units and 200k+ hardware units. I think sometimes we concentrate to much on individual numbers and don't see the bigger picture.

It won't keep this up obviously and will drop quite a bit the next couple months, but if anything it shows there is still console market out there in Japan.

You where right if there was 4-5 Months like this a year, but hmm not realy. The decline this Gen will be bigger then the one from last Gen.

Peff

Yep, already mentioned in the previous thread

Oh, missed it. It was bound to happen, but still...

How am I trying hard to do anything? I'm just replying to posts. Saying 20K in sales is a flop is a total exaggeration...but you didn't read any of my other posts I assume. I don't see how an extra 10-20K makes this a hit.

You don't see how other games in the series selling twice as many copies FW and probably around 2.5x when all is said and done makes it a flop? Even by itself a company cannot be sustained with this kind of figures, see Cave.

Dugna

Didnt NIS make some deal with sony for marketing? If so there is some of the costs down. The sales are bad though hopefully the west with the amount of PS4s it has helps it out.

Shinriji

Estival Versus numbers are disappointing but at least they're not flop-tier like SK2.

I still don't understand why it's declining the way it is. The best answer I can come with is that it just happened to be in the right place the right time with the first two(plus one) installments while the sales of the rest of them are more of what it was supposed to be doing in the first place.

I think that happened the same thing with Hatsune Miku F2.

- First game was exclusive, with a port several months later. Sales were good.
- Second game was multiplatform. Sales were dissapointing.

akitaone

Banned
Oh, missed it. It was bound to happen, but still...

You don't see how other games in the series selling twice as many copies FW and probably around 2.5x when all is said and done makes it a flop? Even by itself a company cannot be sustained with this kind of figures, see Cave.

The PS3 install base was much high on those older games, with the exception of D3, the first PS3 Disgaea. Also, the old Media Creates only account for hard copy sales...we don't know the download sales for DD2 and D5. So, if you are saying that D5 is a flop, you are basically saying that D4 and DD2 were flops, considering how many more PS3s were out there.

Kuroko&#8217;s Basketball: Miracle Victory [3DS] - 43,087
Kuroko's Basketball: Ties to the Future [3DS] - 33,541

Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode [3DS] - 75,987 LTD
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth [PSV] - 79,760 LTD

Professional Baseball Spirits 2013 [PSV] - 21,703
Professional Baseball Spirits 2014 [PSV] - 28,944
Professional Baseball Spirits 2015 [PSV] - 38,519

So in total units, Sword Art Online sold the most. I gotta say I'm happy with that, even if I didn't expect it.

-edit- Missed that One Piece had 3 different SKUs and sold 4k more. Still a great first week though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Any chance Sword Art Online might see a PS4 port or version at some stage? Seems to be pretty popular

Not worth the development costs. The producer said it would be nice, but I doubt they will waste their time doing it. As it would need a MASSIVE overhaul. Which also includes the engine it runs on that was designed for the PS3.

If they did release it on the PS4 and didnt do any real upgrades to it content / world wise hell even the NPC character models its going to look pretty bad.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Any chance Sword Art Online might see a PS4 port or version at some stage? Seems to be pretty popular

Not worth the development costs. The producer said it would be nice, but I doubt they will waste their time doing it. As it would need a MASSIVE overhaul. Which also includes the engine it runs on that was designed for the PS3.

If they did release it on the PS4 and didnt do any real upgrades to it content / world wise hell even the NPC character models its going to look pretty bad.

Do not think Artdink has even worked on a PS4 game before either so there is that issue too.

Peff

The PS3 install base was much high on those older games, with the exception of D3, the first PS3 Disgaea. Also, the old Media Creates only account for hard copy sales...we don't know the download sales for DD2 and D5. So, if you are saying that D5 is a flop, you are basically saying that D4 and DD2 were flops, considering how many more PS3s were out there.

Install base is irrelevant once the game is out. Disgaea 4 and D2 were disappointments, yes, which is exactly the reason people were wary of 5's performance.

Orgen

What the... do you think that NIS cares about the userbase of PS3 or PS4? No, it only cares about Disgaea numbers.

And D5 numbers are disastrous.

akitaone

Banned
After only 4 days of sales for D5, you are calling it a flop? I also found the sales here at Neogaf for the whole series:

PS2 Disgaea: Hour of Darkness 46,883 152,675 Nippon Ichi Software 2003-01-30
PS2 Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories 97,456 150,428 Nippon Ichi Software 2006-02-23
PS3 Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice 56,441 110,772 Nippon Ichi Software 2008-01-31
PS3 Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten 77,449 170,717 Nippon Ichi Software 2011-02-24
PS3 Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness 53,814 75,734 Nippon Ichi Software 2013-03-20

Again, we don't know the digital sales for this or DD2. Would we like more sales, of course! But a flop is an exaggeration of the highest caliber.

latest weeks :

Code:
   3DS             PSV
28,450	&#12288;	19,001
26,467	&#12288;	21,541
22,748	&#12288;	22,242
25,728	&#12288;	28,896

next week : Xenoblade Chronicles vs. Dai 3 Ji Super Robot Taisen Z

I've been pretty busy in the supposed "real" world, so I haven't been posting as much as normal, but I have been reading through the weeks, and while PS4's sales over the past month aren't going to completely changed its trajectory, they are a very good and consistent rise.

I still expect there to be a leveling off period in the next month or so, but still a fairly impressive turnaround for the platform.

mao2

I think it's a little early to say that the series is declining. Estival Versus' sell-through was 80%-90%, and was out of stock at many places.

AniHawk

d5 very very clearly bombed, and really needs the rest of the world now more than ever, but for a while there i was worried that it would come in below 20k.

Top Bottom