• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD June 2012 Results [Up1: Microsoft/Nintendo Hardware, Lego Batman 2, Lollipop]

apana

Well he did call handheld fans losers and if that account is real I knew something was off ever since I started reading that guy's posts.

I always thought the guy was a troll, I just didn't realize that he is also cuckoo for cocoa puffs. Seeing as how he is not banned but is pretty much exposed I think he is going to go out with guns blazing. Seems like the only option, I await his next post, lol.

I always thought the guy was a troll, I just didn't realize that he is also cuckoo for cocoa puffs. Seeing as how he is not banned but is pretty much exposed I think he is going to go out with guns blazing. Seems like the only option, I await his next post, lol.
Trolls can be entertaining, this guy just seems like he never hit puberty.

Burnburn

Forgive me if this is already answered(only looked at the first 5 pages) ,but who's doing the math here?

(155+150)/0.75 = 340

340 - 255 = 85k for Vita + PSP

MormaPope

Banned

The real fun starts here guys -- https://twitter.com/eastofeastside

2413383_o.gif

Soul_Pie

This year seems like such a slow year for retail games and consoles. There was what, Mass Effect earlier on, then Max Payne did alright but didn't set the world on fire, Diablo was a big seller but you'd imagine that the online sales ate into it a fair bit. Are all the publishers waiting for the end of the year before releasing their games? It seems strange that nobody took advantage of the lack of real competition in the console landscape. Or is the market simply not allowing for games to sell that much at the moment? I can't see much in the following months either.

We're over half way through the year now, I get the feeling that this generation of consoles is well and truly on its last legs, very stagnant feel to it at the moment. The Wii by all accounts is practically dead, the Vita is a bomb, the PS3 and 360 chug along without setting the world on fire. It seems strange that MS and sony's new consoles are still so far away.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Doesn't this basically mean that more people are buying their games digitally? Seeing as NDP doesn't track digital sales.

People can't buy their consoles digitally, hardware is way down too.

We've still got to struggle through next year too with this hardware. Wonder if the market is just saturated - at least at the current price points

MormaPope

Banned
Some awesome, informative quotes from Eastside's twitter:

Wow, getting a lot of notoriety at neogaf already.. Lots of 'east of eastside' haters.

Everyone hates your shitty company now, why can't you just fuck off and die rather than be a sponsor for societal degeneracy. FUCK YOU.

(suck dat mobile dudebros..) Epic's 'Infinity Blade' for iOS more profitable than 'Gears of War' http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/06 …

SEGA does what Nintendon't with mobile. FUCK YOU @NINTENDO & PIGWATA

Real gamers are a rare breed. Fuck all the rest of them

Yakuza 4 SUCKED, it FUCKING SUCKED! IF Yakuza 5 goes the same direction (which it probably will) it will be shit too. Yakuza series should be for weaboos to lust over trendy metrosexual Japanese men and have no gameplay or challenge AT ALL. Gameplay = bad

I pledge allegiance to the cause of the destruction of traditional console, portable and physical disc based gaming and the corps.. ..by which it stands. one gaming under SEGA, exclusive with digital and hardcore for us.

Sorry for possibly shitting up the NPD thread, but what this user says is mad comedy.

It's kinda-sorta sad how poor information has been with NPD that we're spending two pages discussing dumb trolls posted on a Twitter account instead of sales numbers...oh, that's right, there are no fucking sales numbers. God damn, NPD sucks so bad these days it makes me wonder why there is even a sales thread anymore. I mean, GAF has probably contributed more talk and raised the public profile of their figures than any other internet site. And, still, the numbers are withheld despite it being easy enough to guess at, which, I would think, would hurt more than help the value of their figures since it does affect public opinion on the products in question to a slight degree. Better to have accurate numbers than guesstimates everywhere, but maybe I'm overestimating their worth in the wider world.

/rant

As for the topic, I think the too-high and long-held price points of the consoles are doing more to hurt their monthly sales numbers than the generation being dragged out so long. No one is going to rush to buy $300+ new consoles with everything else you have to in order to use them (extra controllers, expensive launch games, storage devices, etc.) in this uncertain economy.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Poor everything, really. This market is due for a crash. I'm already shopping for a new hobby.

Forgive me if this is already answered(only looked at the first 5 pages) ,but who's doing the math here?

(155+150)/0.75 = 340

340 - 255 = 85k for Vita + PSP

I guess you calculated (155+100)/0.75.

Jinfash said:
Poor everything, really. This market is due for a crash. I'm already shopping for a new hobby.

Don't you worry. The Steam sale will save the games market. Consoles however are doomed :p

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Lollipop Chainsaw is like a fucking beacon example of how if you dont bother marketing your fucking game, nobody knows it exists and thus dont buy it. I mean 100k for a crappy Grasshopper game is ludicrous when stuff like Dragon's Dogma is 10k short or any number of Sega titles dont get anywhere near that.

Lollipop Chainsaw is like a fucking beacon example of how if you dont bother marketing your fucking game, nobody knows it exists and thus dont buy it. I mean 100k for a crappy Grasshopper game is ludicrous when stuff like Dragon's Dogma is 10k short or any number of Sega titles dont get anywhere near that.

It's all thanks to Jessica Nigri.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

Not sure if you played LC, but it certainly took me by suprise. MUCH, much better than I expected, those sales are well deserved!

AHA-Lambda

It's the typical fucking example of "Why in God's name is this a AAA $60 product?" just like Shadows of the Damned was.

I wanna know why Warner Bros and EA even bothered with either of those games in the first place. Even their announcements screamed the game would bomba.

Top Bottom