• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2016 [Sony, MS, & Nintendo refuse to comment on hardware]

fernoca

Surprised at Star Fox Zero (#10 combined, #5 individual). And Bravely Second even making it to #9 in the individual charts.

Fat4all

Banned
If QB play out anything sales-wise like Alan Wake did, it's make it's money back as a pack-in for bundles for the next few years.

I don't think anyone expected RC > QB up until a week after RC came out and it became apparent between the high reviews and good word of mouth, that something was brewing with the game. I know for me personally, I went from not really caring it came out to buying it within a week once I heard how good it was.
Yep, I vividly remember suggesting R&C would do better than QB as a wild prediction sort of thing and others saying it wasn't going to happen (I also didn't truly believe it). It started to flip after R&C reviews came out and the fastest selling IP news came. The drab UK performance for QB was part of it as well.

Happy for Ratchet but besides that game and DS3 it was a very bad month to the industry, why all the drops?

April 2015 was Mortal Kombat X's month, which ended up being on the global 2015 NPD top 10. MK is over the top in the US.

The drop is one thing, but between Dark Souls III, R&C and MLB or even the fact Star Fox is charting, there are plenty to be happy with software this month :)

sense

That's why I'm thinking they might try both.

TLOU series as the safe bet, the new IP as the less safe one.
Anything is possible so let's see. I just feel like it would be a huge risk and budget would go through the roof plus it would take a minimum of 5 to 6 years for them to make that kind of game with the amount of detail and quality they strive for and ideally Sony would want them to stick to a 3 year cycle considering it is their best studio at the moment in terms of critical and commercial reception.

frizby

And you thought Ratchet was going to
latest

Nice job and a very good game. For me, it didn't quite measure up to Crack in TIme, but it's great to see the series make a comeback.

Gurish

April 2015 was Mortal Kombat X's month, which ended up being on the global 2015 NPD top 10. MK is over the top in the US.

The drop is one thing, but between Dark Souls III, R&C and MLB or even the fact Star Fox is charting, there are plenty to be happy with software this month :)

Oh yea MKX was massive.

Hopefully next month with U4 we'll see some amazing numbers.

Feel bad for Remedy, it sucks that after all the hard work QB ended up like this.

DS3 at the top makes me smile. Good chart position for Ratchet. QB bombed to the surprise of no one. Still harsh that it sold less than MLB in its second month though lol

Bearpowers

Neo Member
I wonder why no one wanted to comment on hardware.

Nintendo:WiiU is close to finished, sales are crap. No one likes talking about their failures.

Microsoft:Xbone is seriously under performing compared to PS4, they may be in 2nd place which isn't bad but when the one in first place is as far ahead of you as Sony is, it hurts the pride.

Sony:Either out of respect for MS to not rub anymore salt in their wounds of despite good sales, they expected more and feel disappointed.

TheFatOne

Has Sony published lifetime sales of MLB the Show? I can't seem to find the numbers. I wanted to see how successful the show has been in comparison to something like Madden.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I go to bed guys, should be the last time. :D For the nexts 3 NPD i should be able to won't miss the NPD since June is end of the School in Italy. :D

Gurish

Wonder how everyone suddenly turn into Nostradamus about QB, not being surprised it flopped.

What was so obvious about it? game looked very good and promising before release, the concept is cool, famous TV stars, it's not like Homefront 2 that you know for sure that will fail hard.

Wonder why no one talked before the game released about how it's going to flop.

Top Bottom