• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for July 2007

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
ratcliffja said:
The hardware sales are excellent. Now all I want to see is evidence to show that games can sell on Wii that aren't compilations of mini-games. I'm very interested to see how GH3 does on Wii.

Zelda, Paper Mario, and RE4 say HI

LM4sure

Banned
Damn!!! Where the hell are all these Wii's that are being sold? Every time I am out at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc. they are always sold out. Imagine if Nintendo can keep Wiis on the shelf come this Christmas. Wow. Nothing will be able to stop it!!

cvxfreak

Leondexter said:
Seconded. CVXfreak, where are you?

Right here!

63bppbp.jpg

argon

Nintendo sold nearly a million units of hardware in a normally slow month, without any major releases. Unbelievable.

FortunateSon said:
So Ps3 got outsold by 11k is that right? 360 manage to pull in 170,000 and Ps3 159,000. Both next-generation systems are fighting for 2nd place. Lol.

except one only cares about beating the linux machine, more or less.

Alright Sony, you might as well drop the price to $399. You've got nothing to lose at this point.

And good christ at those Wii numbers...IN FUCKING JULY!!! How much did the PS2 sell during this point?

Hero

Jesus Christ at the Wii's sales. What the hell?

Is that the highest sales for a console for the month of July ever?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
absolutely awesome gif

yeah, quite screwed :lol

I think the Darkness dove off a cliff. That wouldn't really bother me.

Where's forza though :(

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Yay, Wii! Shocked to see it outsell DS, this has to be the first time the system was at the top of the charts in the US, I reckon?

It's gonna be pure craziness this holiday season, Nintendo better get on the ball.

Haunted One said:
R.I.P. PS3

sorry Pepsi. :(

what the FUCK is going on with the Wii? We're in the summer lull!

I've still never seen it in a store ever. It doesn't matter what software is being released, it will continue to be sold out or nearly so into 2008.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm really, really sorry for saying this, but it's terrible that the PS3 STILL couldn't outsell the 360 even with a friggin' $100 price drop...

I'm not surprised though, the console is still too damn expensive even after th $100 cut, and it simply doesn't have the games...

But hey, good news is is that it finally hit over 100k in sales, and finally beat the GBA... too bad it cost so much to do so...

Starting from next month, I'd say it's over for the PS3 though, it missed its only good chance to outsell the 360...

Parl

Japan: 335,307
Other: 360,000 (90k weeks)
US: 425,000
Canada: 36,419

World: Domination (1.16 million in 4 weeks)

Isn't that basically what Sony had said though, in regards to percentage increase? The 360 is honestly more surprising than anything, and it really just goes to show that people do not give two shits about quality when a system can increase in sales despite public reports about the suicidal hardware. Pretty sad.

Wow. The numbers are mind boggling. I never expected the PS3 price drop to sustain things for more than two months but I really expected more people to actually get one since five hundred isn't that unreasonable. They are going to be killed this holiday. Perhaps the 360 will return the PS3 to its place (below the GBA) next month.

I can't imagine where the Wii will be when Galaxy and Brawl hit.

NEW RULE.

The images in these threads provide absolutely no value. If you post one after this point, you're going to get banned.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
The Wii is nearly = to PSP + PS2 0_o

360 NCAA outsold PS2! Could the same hold true for Madden? What the hell happened to RE4, APF, and The Darkness? Ninja Gaiden?

Guitar Hero is the next big thing. Don't be too sure about Madden. Ps2 userbase were busy buying that instead.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Bring on the coy press release from a Nintendo character!

Evlar

Banned
The King is Dead, Long Live the King!

Guitar Hero makes three victory laps in the top ten. That's rather remarkable.

Top Bottom