• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for July 2007

Vyer

Aristotlekh said:
Also, how the hell did the Wii sell so ridiculously much compared to everything else? Was there a shipment increase or a flood of retailers unstockpiling them or something that I missed? How did it sell 430,000 in JULY?
?

Because people want them.

I don't know how long it will sustain the numbers, but I think it's time for the 'it's a fad!' folks to finally start letting reality set in. I don't think it's very reasonable to believe the that the Wii will start to drop as we get closer to Christmas.

jvalioli

sonycowboy said:
NEW RULE.

The images in these threads provide absolutely no value. If you post one after this point, you're going to get banned.

<1 minute before someone posts another picture.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
sonycowboy said:
NEW RULE.

The images in these threads provide absolutely no value. If you post one after this point, you're going to get banned.

Any chance of getting RE4 numbers?

Tideas

Banned
Where did the Wii number come from? Does this mean it ain't supply limited anymore? haha.

Wow. For the summer of July where no game is released. Lol. Just wow :D

Bookey

Professional Monk
well, i guess that proves you cant outsell a system 100 dollars cheaper than you no matter who you are

GDGF

Soothsayer
Holy hell at the Wii! How the hell did sales skyrocket like that. I think it's fair to say that whatever the other consoles do, the Wii will be uneffected. Blue Ocean strategy at work.

argon said:
Nintendo sold nearly a million units of hardware in a normally slow month, without any major releases. Unbelievable.

Well, if you're going to start combining hardware...

Nintendo: 917K
Sony: 595K
Microsoft: 170K

Foil

Linkhero1 said:
Wiimote controls will make it perfect! but Wii hardware will kill it :(

They shouldn't even bother with RE5 on Wii, why the hell anyone wants that is beyond me. Leave it to 360, and make a new game with the RE4 engine for the Wii. That way we get two new RE games, not just one with different versions.

The Wii will become a marketing case study at Harvard Business School. You heard it here first. Nintendo have managed a phenomenal marketing success with such a technically uncompetitive product. I'm seriously wowed.

ZeoVGM

Banned
sonycowboy said:
NEW RULE.

wtf, most people find it funny. What's the big problem? Jeez.

Tideas said:
Wait, so Forza 2 bombed? lol, and so did teh darkness?

Uh Forza 2 was in the top 10 for two months prior dude.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Guitar Hero 2 continues to do absurd business. Guitar Hero 3 is going to be monstrous. I feel bad for Rock Band having to be in that shadow sales-wise.

Tideas

Banned
wat. THe ps3 sold 178k.

Were people expecting a $500 console to sell THAT much higher?

It is still half a grand...lol

Psychotext said:
Awww... it's not NPD thread day without gif madness. =(

Can we at least have an NPD gif thread? :D

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES