• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for July 2010

matmanx1

Everything but the 360 numbers seem sort of low but then again it is a summer month. Glad to see DQ9 in the top 10 and I hope it ends up having some legs as it's a fantastic game.

Are those NCAA numbers low? I'm not a sports gamer but they seem low for such a high profile release.

Pooya

NPD said:
It's the first time since September '07 (Halo 3 launch) that the 360 was the top-selling hardware platform.
First time? :lol this is obviously false or I'm missing something?

npdcomvic1.gif

TheOddOne

Blimblim said:
Crackdown 2 at only slightly more than 200k. I guess it's not too bad considering how cheap that game must have been to produce and how little marketing it got. Not the greatest game ever, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Only real bad thing about it was the god awful framerate during the biggest freak battles.
QFT, I even screamed @ my tv :lol

Mrbob

Can we get an honorary number one this month since SC2 sold 721K. :p Crushed the competition.

Blimblim said:
Crackdown 2 at only slightly more than 200k. I guess it's not too bad considering how cheap that game must have been to produce and how little marketing it got. Not the greatest game ever, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Only real bad thing about it was the god awful framerate during the biggest freak battles.

Isn't this about half of the original first month? While Crackdown 2 has issues, I hope it sold enough to push through a third game.

AwRy108

Frillen said:
Awsome 360 performance!

Edit: Fuckin Dragon Quest :D

MS was practically giving away the old SKU's (eg. Target had the Arcade for $130 + $30 giftcard; Amazon had FFXIII bundle + Bioshock 2 + UFC 2010 for $300), so not exactly a surprise to see the number jump. Heck, at those prices, I bet lots of people who own the "old" model were just buying spares.

Also, poor PSP.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
NPD July '09

NDS - 538,900
WII - 252,500
360 - 202,900
PSP - 122,800
PS3 - 121,800
PS2 - 108,000

01. [WII] WII SPORTS RESORT W/ WII MOTION PLUS (NINTENDO) - 508,200
02. [360] NCAA FOOTBALL 10 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 376,500
03. [PS3] NCAA FOOTBALL 10 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 237,400
04. [WII] WII FIT W/ BALANCE BOARD* (NINTENDO) - 164,300
05. [WII] MARIO KART W/ WHEEL (NINTENDO) - 156,600
06. [NDS] MARIO KART DS (NINTENDO) - 132,200
07. [NDS] POKEMON PLATINUM VERSION (NINTENDO) - 116,400
08. [360] FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 116,400
09. [NDS] NEW SUPER MARIO BROS (NINTENDO) - 101,800
10. [WII] EA SPORTS ACTIVE BUNDLE (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 96,800

DuckRacer

Blimblim said:
The original sold 427k during its first month and that's with the Halo 3 beta, MS hates gamers if they don't greenlight a sequel

miladesn said:
Including handhelds.

Banned
Great 360 numbers. The $199 slim launched early August so the next NPD should also be good for Microsoft.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
TheOddOne said:
QFT, I even screamed @ my tv :lol
The worst thing that it was not framedrops, the game just slows down until it's utterly unplayable. Getting caught between 2 medium sized freaks meant certain death with no way to flee. Such bullshit.

Really stunned at the 360 numbers. A lot of people I know upgraded (myself included). Stunned that it doubled the PS3 numbers when Sony said last month that they had zero supply problems anymore.

I wonder how long the 360 sales can keep up.

miladesn said:

I don't think it's outsold all systems including handhelds. Home consoles yes, handhelds too... not too sure.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Oooh, forgot this was today. Kind of a ho-hum list, especially the software numbers but whoa @ the low number of Wii's sold. Yeah it's a slow month but that's a big drop off. I'm sure things will pick up again this holiday season with the great games coming out over the rest of the year.

Grats to 360, the sole survivor of this month.

Oh yeah and DS, too, I take it's ass kicking for granted since it's so consistently solid.

Road

Busaiku said:
The difference between Nintendo's tracking system and NPD is pretty big.
Or is it?

NPD - WII LTD as of July 31st: 29.9 million

Difference is 0.3% if we assume Nintendo's LTD as exactly 30 million.

Paracelsus

SEGAmaniaco said:
ps3 shortage is really bad

It's more like a stunning 360 month than anything else. You cannot point at any console this month, it was a shitty performance all around.

Also, why are people screaming in joy at DQIX numbers, am I missing something here?

Top Bottom