• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2007

Weisheit

Elios83 said:
But it's the same number of IGN, it's not just a Sony PR number.
Maybe Sony PR got their number from IGN, I'm pretty sure they released their statement after Matt leaked those numbers...

Hairtux

soclose.gif

I like how people are trying to label RE4 as bad after 10 days in shortage, but no one has anything to say about Sigma's 5 days.

Sigma will probably be 15 or something for July.

All this Tenchu Z trolling is depressing me. I need my 360 back so I can get the rest of the achievements.

I fully expected this game to bomb and I'd have nobody to play online with but hey! :lol

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
WarLox said:
I need the world wide 1,000,000 sellers for each console.... stat!!

gogogogogogo!

I'll guess at Wii

Wii Sports
Wii Play
Zelda
Wario
Red Steel
Rayman
Possibly SPM
And after this Thursday, probably Mario Party 8

Relix said:
http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?p=1733034

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Who cares about June NPD... PS3 is* number one at amazon, and that's what developers care about.

Anyways, Wii isn't really next gen, so you can say that PS3 is the second best selling next gen console... and if you ignore 360, you can say that PS3 is the best selling next gen console, which is really impressive.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

FrankT

Who cares about June NPD... PS3 is* number one at amazon, and that's what developers care about.

Anyways, Wii isn't really next gen, so you can say that PS3 is the second best selling next gen console... and if you ignore 360, you can say that PS3 is the best selling next gen console, which is really impressive.

Oh my goodness. :lol

arne

PepsimanVsJoe said:
All this Tenchu Z trolling is depressing me. I need my 360 back so I can get the rest of the achievements.

I fully expected this game to bomb and I'd have nobody to play online with but hey! :lol

I'll play online with you, i don't care if there's 100K+ people online too.

PS3 Forums said:

That got me right there.

They've crossed into a land of insanity people shouldn't have crossed.

edit: damn you guys for being 90 times faster than me =(

Kaeru

Banned
arne said:
yeah but 100k @ $60 > 100k @ $30. # of units shifting ain't everything. not for the publishers that is. although capcom is probably making a killing off of each unit given that this is triple-dipping into the RE4 title.

You have any esitmates how much they make of every RE4 Wii sold?

Threi

notag

THAT IS FREAKING MADE OF 200% WIN.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Relix said:

"Who cares about June NPD... PS3 is* number one at amazon, and that's what developers care about.

Anyways, Wii isn't really next gen, so you can say that PS3 is the second best selling next gen console... and if you ignore 360, you can say that PS3 is the best selling next gen console, which is really impressive."

I sprayed my drink over all the monitor.

arne

i'm printing this out and hanging it in my cube.

dkeane

So where the hell is the PSP software? The hardware is selling well, what are people doing with these things, piracy can't be that overwhelming.

Tiktaalik

DS is a monster, but the PSP is performing as a respectable second place, which is something we've never really had in the handheld area. I remember when everyone was doom and gloom on the PSP for months.

GBA beats PS3 again, proving it's not dead at all. Support the product Nintendo! Release Mother 3, Rhythm Tengoku.. etc gah I've been saying this for months.

Thoren

Banned
Relix said:

:lol :lol :lol

ps3fanboyforums said:

NekoFever

Relix said:

Who cares about June NPD... PS3 is number one at amazon, and that's what developers care about.

:lol :lol :lol That has to be a GAF sleeper agent.

Barnolde said:
The demo's shit alright.

Top Arcade Titles (Full Versions)
1 Bomberman LIVE
2 Sonic The Hedgehog
3 Golden Axe
4 Texas Hold 'em
5 Yie Ar Kung-Fu

360 owners, stop buying shitty games.

Donate your monies to charity, feed a starving child, not a hungry publisher!

OK!

PS3 Forums said:
I agree to the extent that the Wii isn't next-gen (or current-gen). Why on Earth people compare that console with the PS3 or the 360 is beyond me. The Wii is of the same generation as the Gamecube, the XBox, and the PS2.

:lol :lol

In my opinion, everything about the Wii screams last-gen. Nintendo might as well have released the Wiimote on the Gamecube. There is nothing on the Wii that qualifies it as current-gen. The controller is the only new thing about it, and that can hardly make it a current-gen console.

Hairtux

These sales have enraged me.

Why are there no PS3 games in the top 20? Where is the darkness?

I think Nintendo paid off the NPD so they wouldn't report the PS3 Darkness on NPD.

Something's up.

That was also from those PS3Forums. :lol :lol :lol :lol

RBH

Razoric said:
why the hell are you guys talking about Ninja Gaiden Sigma? Wasn't it released July 3rd?

YYZ said:
You both fail harder than all the people who bought Tenchu Z.

June NPD was from June 3rd - July 7th, so Sigma does count in the June NPD.

"Bomba" is too strong a word though on my part.

Proelite

"Who cares about June NPD... PS3 is* number one at amazon, and that's what developers care about."

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I AM LEGEND

KINGMOKU

Tiktaalik said:
DS is a monster, but the PSP is performing as a respectable second place, which is something we've never really had in the handheld area. I remember when everyone was doom and gloom on the PSP for months.

GBA beats PS3 again, proving it's not dead at all. Support the product Nintendo! Release Mother 3, Rhythm Tengoku.. etc gah I've been saying this for months.
Here's the thing. You want to talk about it from a pure hardware point of view, yeah the PSP is performing decently enough. The problem though;

Is the software. If they dont sell any games on the damn thing, in any country, who cares?

That's the PSP's problem.

Top Bottom