• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2007

Sule

6cfgz9c.gif

Off to sleep. Have to wake up in 5 hours. Good night everyone, hopefully I'll wake up to some entertaining meltdowns etc.

spwolf said:
how about both PSP and PS2 outselling 360... that didnt happen a lot, if at all before...

Time to start right?

Game-Biz said:
So when the **** is the 360 going to start outselling the PS2? I mean God-****ing-dammit.

Who knows. MS doesn't want to drop the price.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
_leech_ said:
That's definitely surprising, I guess the price cut helped more than we all thought?

icalledit!.gif

[NDS] 480k
[WII] 320k
[PSP] 185k
[360] 175k
[PS2] 160k
[GBA] 60k
[PS3] 60k
[GCN] 7k

Not the numbers I'm sure, but the PSP Power.

GhaleonEB said:
sonycowboy, what's up? It's past the time when they are released, they've clearly been released, you're posting.....

They were released almost 3 hours ago. Just waiting for the official release. It's not an embargo, it's more of an "all clear". As you've seen, some months, the numbers need a refinement and they have to rescind them.

Game-Biz said:
So when the **** is the 360 going to start outselling the PS2? I mean God-****ing-dammit.

I'll be really pissed if it ends up doing sub-200K again. No way should a system that has that kind of software lineup be selling as low as it has been the past two months.

_leech_ said:
I'll be really pissed if it ends up doing sub-200K again. No way should a system that has that kind of software lineup be selling as low as it has been the past two months.

MS has practically saturated their potential market for a $400 system. Expect sales explosion at price drops and Halo 3/GTAIV.

Branduil

Game-Biz said:

When they drop the price instead of raising it with new SKUs.

Also the hardware unreliability probably doesn't help.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
sonycowboy said:
They were released almost 3 hours ago. Just waiting for the official release. It's not an embargo, it's more of an "all clear". As you've seen, some months, the numbers need a refinement and they have to rescind them.

To pass the time, you want to give us some vague hints and send everyone into a tizzy?

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
The world doesnt like Next Gen....a pity. Must be scary for Sony to see Microsft selling this bad on a $400 price point, I mean even if they drop the price of the PS3 to that point it won't really necessary mean that it will hit the sweetspot for the masses.

Odysseus

Banned
_leech_ said:

that's what happens when you maintain raise the price on your two year old hardware

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
_leech_ said:

They need a price drop to move the needle again. 80% of all PS2s were sold at $199 or cheaper.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
jj984jj said:
Mario Party 9, 10, 11, and 12 just on Wii, followed by Mario Party Training for DS confirmed.

Fixed, seriously, it's a license to print money that series, dirt cheap to make, and sells shedloads every time.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
Joe Molotov said:
No surprise.

Software sales are thru the roof. Just because Shadowrun isn't in the top ten doesn't mean the sales are low.

Shadowrun got released at the tail end of an extremely strong month.

USD

Sony needs to start competing and drop the price. MS needs to stop gauging its success on the PS3 and drop the price, before Halo 3. That is all.

Naturally, Mario Party 8 does big numbers, Mario Party + waggle = big sales.

STG!

Ooooof, way too high on my DSL number prediction, I thought the continued madness of the Pokebomb would continue pushing hardware closer to half-a-million, should have been a bit more safe.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the numbers.

kassatsu

Banned
Brimstone said:
Software sales are thru the roof. Just because Shadowrun isn't in the top ten doesn't mean the sales are low.

Shadowrun got released at the tail end of an extremely strong month.
Why did I know I would see this post.

Gaborn

sonycowboy said:

Hmmmm... I smell a megaton in the making. Or at least SOME sort of major shift. I'm probably wrong of course but it would seem that if the numbers came roughly as expected they'd be released pretty quickly.

hyp

WasteLand Soldier said:
yeah shadowrun sucked. i played teh demo and watched some guy float up a ladder and was like WTF? :lol

shadowrun is far from "sucky", even if it doesn't sell. obviously you haven't visited the main thread.

Kosma

Banned
I'm happy for the PSP to finnaly come into it's own.

And sad for the 360 for not selling better, MS drop the price if you know what's right!

Strong software month for the 360 (and look, not a shooter in sight!), but I'm still dissapointed in Forza's debut. Then again, I haven't bought the game yet, so I can't be too critical. :lol

Mario Party was insane just as I predicted, and I was pretty on the spot with my DS hardware.

It's pretty safe to say that Wii play will never drop out of the top 10 in any month that Nintendo moves 200k plus in hardware.

sonycowboy said:

They prolly got a P, 3 and 2 miced up. PS2 > PSP > PS3 confirmed.

That and "Oh crap, Where's GBA?"

oo Kosma oo said:
I'm happy for the PSP to finnaly come into it's own.

And sad for the 360 for not selling better, MS drop the price if you know what's right!
I really doubt we'll see it. The Elite is still sold out and Microsoft probably likes what they're seeing, even if a bit misguided.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
kassatsu said:
Why did I know I would see this post.

If Shadowrun is over 50,000 that is a strong start and Microsoft owned May as far as retail dollars is concerned. Although Forza isn't direct competion, it is a MS 1st party title indirectly competing in the same user base pool.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
xaosslug said:
uh oh... PSP redesign could seriously shake things up. Handheld gaming taking ovah.

There was a month where GC outsold the PS2 when it dropped to $99.

Just sayin. ;)

Odysseus said:
that's what happens when you maintain raise the price on your two year old hardware
Pretty much. Serves the dumb****s right. I love it when the market slaps these companies in the face for not noticing the elephant in the room problems with their consoles. And I say this as a 360 only owner.

Top Bottom