• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Software Sales Results for February 2007

360 CRACKDOWN 427K
WII PLAY W/ REMOTE 371K
NDS DIDDY KONG RACING 262K
WII LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS 130K
PS2 GUITAR HERO 2 W/GUITAR 130K
360 GEARS OF WAR 119K
360 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL 2K7 113K
360 LOST PLANET: EXTREME CONDITION 111K
WII WARIOWARE: SMOOTH MOVES 109K
360 NBA STREET HOMECOURT 102k

* Source: The NPD Group

Video Games Software (up 28%)
2006: $ 345M
2007: $ 441M

sonycowboy said:
360 CRACKDOWN 427K
WII PLAY W/ REMOTE 371K HOLY JESUS H. CHRIST ON A BYCYCLE
360 GEARS OF WAR 119K

fixed. Unbelievable. lol its just so insane it's funny. I can't believe it!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wow, a bit surprised at Sonic..thought it would sell more.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
:lol this with the hardware numbers is just the universe balancing itself. Sony got way to much positive buzz last week, so suppose we could have expected this.

Jammy

Banned
Wii and 360 did stellar.

I noticed that whenever I went shopping last month, there were no Wii Plays to be found. I think this game will have legs because of the lack of stock, the astounding demand for Wii controllers, and because it looks like an off-shoot of Wii Sports.

Diddy Kong Racing DS performed very nicely. I bet Rare is happy. It's kind of funny how their best sellers in the past couple of years seem to have been on Nintendo handhelds.

How did Sonic and the Secret Rings do? I believe it was only out for about a week.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jammy said:
Wii and 360 did stellar.

I noticed that whenever I went shopping last month, there were no Wii Plays to be found. I think this game will have legs because of the lack of stock, the astounding demand for Wii controllers, and because it looks like an off-shoot of Wii Sports.

Diddy Kong Racing DS performed very nicely. I bet Rare is happy. It's kind of funny how their best sellers in the past couple of years seem to have been on Nintendo handhelds.

How did Sonic and the Secret Rings do? I believe it was only out for about a week.
It did well. :)

Wario ware legs? Wow.

360 did really great but the Wii is starting to show up here and there. 360 vs Wii for now. PS3 is almost a non-factor until at least until March.

hyp

holy shit. 360 killing the charts.

crackdown numbers hardly surprising (game ****ing rocks).... and wow @ wii play. didn't think it would sell that much. nice to know i added a +1 to both of those games :)

Vashu

Wollan left for the greater PlayStation Home fields. May he live a peaceful life there.

But to get back at the subject, I didn't expect Diddy to sell this good. Not even in the good old US and A! :D

12608l4kouqrdqn.gif
12608l4kouqrdqn.gif
12608l4kouqrdqn.gif
12608l4kouqrdqn.gif

CRAAACK. DOWWWWNN.

04.jpg

:D

D O W N

DevelopmentArrested said:
Sonic Wii did 80k in 8 days. Not bad.

Pretty good.

With the constant talk about courting the "ultra-casual gamer", I've been really curious-even though it's early- how well 3rd party stuff is going to move for Wii.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wii Play is going to sell well in March as well..its been around the top of the amazon charts all week.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Wow, some good games on the list... 360 fans certainly buy a lot of quality games in large amounts... I'm hoping this continues when BD and LO come out.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
skinnyrattler said:
Where's the PS2 and PSP games?

ok, ps2, i can understand

but you're just retarded for asking where the PSP ones are. how long has it been that we've seen NO PSP games in the top 10? like 2 years?

you're old hat.

oh, WHERE'RE THE DS GAMES HUR HUR HUR

GhaleonEB

sonycowboy said:
360 CRACKDOWN 427K
WII PLAY W/ REMOTE 371K
360 GEARS OF WAR 119K

Crackdown is a monster. Also, the Halo 3 beta will be nice and busy. :D

One observation: big 360 games are starting to have legs. Both Gears of War and Lost Planet had nice holds from last month, a far cry from what happened last year to Dead Rising and Saints Row. The 360 userbase is getting large enough to sustain sales, which is good with all the really huge titles coming out this year.

sonycowboy said:
360 CRACKDOWN 427K
WII PLAY W/ REMOTE 371K
360 GEARS OF WAR 119K

I can't find the words for this too.
Ah, yeah: really happy to see that Twilight princess is still selling very well !

pilonv1

Wii Play numbers are great, but if you've seen numbers from other regions it's expected. It's a good marketing idea by bundling them together since people are going to need more remotes.

Sony am cry though. Guitar Hero 2 on 360 should be through the roof in April.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Hell yeah for Crackdown... in one month too? Dayum!

Well deserved too!

Also, solid sales for the rest of the 360 titles on there too - good to see GoW and LP still moving units solidly too...

Rare doing hella good with Diddy Kong too...

Good going 360!

EDIT: Hot damn - Crackdown sales were only recorded for about just half a month? DAMN!

EDIT 2: What in the world? Crackdown did that much in a week and a half? Incredible... just, incredible.

Rareware is doing more money with the nintendo DS that with the Xbox360. Who expected to see Diddy Kong Racing sell that high ? It is a remake after all !

They HAD to remain with Nintendo, frankly.

EktorPR

Yay for Sonic's 80k-in-a-week and Zelda still selling well!

Wow @ WiiPlay. The best thing Nintendo could've done was attaching a Wiimote to it.

Crackdown = GTA-killer CONFIRMED.

Top Bottom