• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Software Sales Results for February 2007

Mar

batmanbomb.gif

Z3F

Banned
Good news for 360 overall but Lost Planet seems to have dropped off quite a bit. Didn't Capcom spend $20 million overall on LP? How many copies must Capcom sell of LP to make a profit? I'm more interested in how Japanese games do on the 360 because Japanese support is one area where the 360 can still improve significantly. But with the way the PS3 is doing right now, I guess that the 360 is the only platform that makes sense for LP, unless Capcom doesn't mind downgrading LP for the WII.

aztrex said:
fixed. Unbelievable. lol its just so insane it's funny. I can't believe it!

Is it so unbelievable? WII controllers have been selling out since launch. When you consider the popularity of WII sports, it's not a stretch to think that people would pay $10 extra to get more games like WII sports.

LukeSmith

Fun fact: Crackdown sold more on Day 1 than Gears of War (remember though, Gears of War had that whole Emergence Day is it emerging today or not, fiasco)

>.> I would like to bring to sonycowboy's attention the other NPD thread's title...

Edit: someone fixed it already... <.< Awesome 360 numbas. :3

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
If anyone had shoved these numbers in front of my face a year ago I'd call him a liar and given him the proverbial fork in the eye. This is all so awesomely interesting

Dr-L337 said:
Virtua Fighter 5 and Sonic bomba
Sonic did well for only being released for 8 days.

By the time I klick on "submit reply" I suspect about 4 people will have allready pointed that out. :)

SpacLock

LukeSmith said:
Fun fact: Crackdown sold more on Day 1 than Gears of War (remember though, Gears of War had that whole Emergence Day is it emerging today or not, fiasco)

That fact isn't fun.

Vyer

I really liked Crackdown. I know we'll get the 'lol demo' responses, but I'm glad to see it do well. It was a good game.

JMPovoa

Z3F said:
Good news for 360 overall but Lost Planet seems to have dropped off quite a bit. Didn't Capcom spend $20 million overall on LP? How many copies must Capcom sell of LP to make a profit?

I'm pretty sure that half a million copies is more than enough to cover expenses. But they're already past that aren't they?

PleoMax

Banned
LukeSmith said:

Word?

That's ****ed up.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Lo-Volt said:
...Wow. What is going on... wow. Bungie for the win!

Wow.

Your avatar has never been more appropriate than now.

*ques Fred Sanford having a heartattack.gif*

Here that, Elizabeth?!

LukeSmith said:
It's amazing what a million and a half more consoles will do. ;-)

FrankT

LukeSmith said:

You better take Shane to task tomorrow that is all I gots to say. :D

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
LukeSmith said:
whoa

No6

JMPovoa said:
I'm pretty sure that half a million copies is more than enough to cover expenses. But they're already past that aren't they?
LP should be around 520k in the US, not counting LE sales in Feb (probably small).

lix2k3

You would think with MS selling all of these games, the 360 would be profitable by now. What in the world will it take for them to get in the black. I don't know if the software picture can ever get any better than this....umm...wait - Halo 3 in November...my bad.

GhaleonEB

LukeSmith said:
As it should be! Bring on the sequel.

PleoMax

Banned
Hey, weren't a certain ammount of people saying Resistence would sell like 6 million copies?

What happened to that?

Gowans

Nice one for Crackdown, I think it would still be up there without the halo3 beta, the possitive buzz around this game was great and demo was a smart move.

Wii play & the controller makes sence, wii is a party system and another controller is required so people will get it with the cheap game attached.

but wow 360 games are holding firm on the top, guess by launching first and getting the hardcore/the main games buyers its starting to show.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
aztrex said:
fixed. Unbelievable. lol its just so insane it's funny. I can't believe it!

I'm not surprised. I've waited for this game to come out so I could score an extra controller, and I think I'm not the only one to think this way.

Kusagari

Gears of War is the only big 360 game to show legs after the usual first month success. Will be interesting to see if Crackdown becomes the second.

Kusagari said:
Gears of War is the only big 360 game to show legs after the usual first month success. Will be interesting to see if Crackdown becomes the second.

with a halo 3 beta?

Yeah, i think so.

i mean almost 500k for less than 2 weeks is pretty good no?

duk

Banned
Imagine if Halo 3 Beta was to be released in March/April... Crackdown would get a nice bump again.

manxor

LukeSmith said:
Awesome!
Crackdown seriously owns... hope it's still doing well in March... and April! DLC, DLC, DLC!

Really sucks (imo) about Wii Play... ugh, not a good sign.
Perhaps I'll just chalk it up to how impossible it is to find Wiimotes?

----

Banned
Microsoft seriously needs to do a Forza 2 or Shadowrun with Halo 3 single player demo or something. :lol

Do the Lost Planet numbers include the Limited Edition sales? I'd like to know what the combined total is for Lost Planet LE and regular edition.

Jiggy

360 software is the DS software of North America.
Incidentally, I wonder how much money Microsoft is making from even Diddy Kong Racing, seeing as they own Rare. Those sales are partially a feather in MS' cap as well.

Scotch

Nice to see 360 games growing some legs these days.

The Crackdown number accounts for only 8 days of sales, no? So next month's number should be big as well. It's gonna sell a million no doubt.

PleoMax

Banned
Kusagari said:

Legs legs legs.

Wtf is this shit. Normally games only have legs when the userbase is huge and the game goes platinum.

UNLESS your game is called Halo. Seriouslly.

As the userbase grows, the games gain legs, that's how it works.

GhaleonEB

Kusagari said:
Well, it released in November and got a big boost in December. Lost Planet had a very nice hold from last month, especially compared to Dead Rising. I think it's mostly a function of the userbase at this point - over 5m in the US now is getting big enough to support multiple large releases close together.

C4Lukins

Kusagari said:

Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
Oblivion
GRAW
Madden 07

I love how people are excited or shocked at Crackdown.
HELLO?? Halo 3 beta?
You could have tacked it to Burger Time 360 and done huge numbers.

OK.

I'm going to take a few requests here. From the top 100 (or what you assume would be in the top 100), request a title. I'll post that title and it's ranking in the top 100 by units.

Based on concensus from you guys, I'll post the top 5 titles not listed here. And tomorrow, I'll work on trying to get some more interesting numbers from this month. Cause, the summaries for some of these results almost as interesting.

I'll start:

32) PS3 VIRTUA FIGHTER 5 53k

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
sonycowboy said:
OK.

I'm going to take a few requests here. From the top 100 (or what you assume would be in the top 100), request a title. I'll post that title and it's ranking in the top 100 by units.

Based on concensus from you guys, I'll post the top 5 titles not listed here. And tomorrow, I'll work on trying to get some more interesting numbers from this month. Cause, the summaries for some of these results almost as interesting.

I'll start:

Sonic Wii

PleoMax

Banned
I would laugh my ass off if Virtua fighter Sold WAY more on the 360 than on the Ps3.

MGs4 am soon? Konami must be making some math by now...they working those numbers, and it ain't gonna cut it son.

FrankT

sonycowboy said:
OK.

I'll start:

Oh snap, how much anyone want to put that the 360 version kills these numbers.

Jammy

Banned
sonycowboy said:
OK.

I'll start:

Sonic and the Secret Rings
Yoshi's Island DS
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCN)
Resistance: Fall of Man
Whatever The Highest PSP Game Was

joezombie

Does NPD estimate total software revenue by platform? For all the PS2's Sony keeps moving, it sure not helping them at the top of the list. Obviously they're selling a lot more below that, but I gotta wonder how close the 360 software revenue is to PS2 at this point. It's obviously a lot higher per/user

painey

Jtyettis said:
Oh snap, how much anyone want to put that the 360 version kills these numbers.

with around 5/6 times as many consoles it is a given that the 360 version will have a better first month.

Top Bottom