• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utah here.

+1 Kerry
+1 Matheson (Dem governor candidate)
+1 open space initiative
+1 Dem state House rep
-1 Cannon (fatcat GOP congressman)
-1 anti-gay marriage/anti-civil union amendment
-1 Bennett

The state senate race for my district was an incumbent GOP vs. a Constitution-party challenger. >_< I didn't vote for either. My votes won't do much, though - Bush, Bennett, and the bigot-amendment will win by a landslide.

Dilbert

Also, posting the up-to-the-minute thoughts of Mr. Zogby about who he thinks is going to win is probably just as bad as a poll.

Isn't there ANYTHING else to talk about which is election-related? I want to hear about your experiences with hot poll workers, election-day weather, the best bars to grab a drink later, etc.

teiresias

Isn't there ANYTHING else to talk about which is election-related?

The casing of my voting machine was a very pleasing shade of light blue. The punch-pin felt a little foamy in my hands, which immediately put me at ease with my polling sites rather outdated pseudo-butterfly ballot system, which has been in use as long as I've been voting. It's pseudo-butterfly because it's setup like a butterfly ballot except they're smart enough to only put choices along one side of the ballot.

Diablos

Eh, I stood in line for like 5, maybe 10 minutes.
Walked in the booth, pushed the democratic lever, pushed the red button, walked out. That took about 2 seconds. :D

ManaByte

Please say you're joking. This is too fucking important to be cool and over it.

Voting is a right, not a requirement. And part of a free country is allowing a person to choose whether or not to act on that right.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
it takes some of you over 2 hours to vote? That alone would be enough to deter me if I weren't voting in the first place ;P

Shouldn't this thread be closed? All Election-related posts in the stickied thread, right iapetus? You closed Doth Togo's thread, close this one.

Dilbert

teiresias said:
The casing of my voting machine was a very pleasing shade of light blue. The punch-pin felt a little foamy in my hands, which immediately put me at ease with my polling sites rather outdated pseudo-butterfly ballot system, which has been in use as long as I've been voting. It's pseudo-butterfly because it's setup like a butterfly ballot except they're smart enough to only put choices along one side of the ballot.
I like a good foamy punch-pin myself.

shoplifter

someone please pm me those results.

my grandma wants them, she voted for the first time since the kennedy administration today. :D

FnordChan

Three minutes to walk from my house to the polling place, no line, five minutes to vote, mere seconds to slap the "I Voted" sticker on, three minutes on foot back home, and at work at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill right on time. Woo!

FnordChan

Dilbert

Crap...you KNOW it's a wacky day when even ESPN.com is posting political stuff. From Hunter S. Thompson's latest column:

Hunter S. Thompson said:
It is now Tuesday, and John Kerry is looking good today, while George Bush is looking a little desperate. His eyes are wild and his voice is shrill and he is acting more and more like a doomed animal on its way to the meat-grinder. Young George is about to lose his first election.

JFK will win this one decisively enough to make any recounts or challenges irrelevant. If Kerry wins New Hampshire and Pennsylvania and Florida, for instance, this election will be over before it really gets started.

Kerry will win big today. I guarantee it. The evil Bush family of central Texas is about to suffer another humiliating failure on another disastrous election day.

And I knew it Sunday after returning from Los Angeles, where I had been campaigning for Kerry, my friend. Football and politics were never so fatally linked as they were when the Washington Redskins lost to the Green Bay Packers that day. It was all over after that.

The sun has come up over the Rockies and the time has come to drive into town and vote aggressively for my man, who will win this election handily. And the Democrats will regain control of both houses of Congress. That is all I know right now, and all I need to know.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. We will march on a road of bones.

Mahalo.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
It's always a bit of a thrill to see "President of the United States of America" on the ballot. Voted for Al Wynn and Mikulski, voted against all the ballot initiatives. I felt a little rush back in the primaries too, and that had freaking LaRouche on the ballot. Hey, the Constitution candidate is from Maryland?

Didn't vote for judges or school board because I wasn't informed, which I feel bad about. I've met the superintendent and he seems like a good manager, but all his eggs are in the standardized testing basket, and it would be nice to have a check on him in the council.

dem

This poll ban is just annoying.
ITS FUCKING ELECTION DAY.
What else is there to discuss but polls??

DJ Demon J said:
Shouldn't this thread be closed? All Election-related posts in the stickied thread, right iapetus? You closed Doth Togo's thread, close this one.

Hater.

I think this one is different because it isn't discussing the issues it is just asking how long people were standing in line.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
what else is there to talk about on election day other than polls? seriously. come on.

xsarien

daedsiluap
-jinx- said:
Crap...you KNOW it's a wacky day when even ESPN.com is posting political stuff. From Hunter S. Thompson's latest column:

I love HST. I wish he'd stick to politics instead of sports, though. It's not for a lack of quality, but I'd be more interested in the topic at hand.

Phoenix

10-15 minutes round trip (Atlanta, GA). Spent some of that time just trying to figure out how to enter the polling center since there were no officers or anything and the door was closed.

Bat

dem said:

Agreed. It's all about exit polls now....this stuff is important.

I can just see tonight.

10 EDT All the news are calling it for Kerry.

xexex: Kerry is declared the winner
KE04: wooohooo Kerry wins
GA MOD: No talking about results!!!!!

:D

Mandark said:
Didn't vote for judges or school board because I wasn't informed, which I feel bad about. I've met the superintendent and he seems like a good manager, but all his eggs are in the standardized testing basket, and it would be nice to have a check on him in the council.

Same here. I also didn't vote when the people went unopposed. I was like what's the point.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
dem said:

Well one problem is there are hundreds of polls out there and hundreds of "exits" polls that we are going to see today.... just TMI

I'm curious do most folks here vote for all of the proposed legislation and people on the ballots or do you folks only vote for what you're actually aware of, have paid attention to?

-jinx- said:
Isn't there ANYTHING else to talk about which is election-related? I want to hear about your experiences with hot poll workers, election-day weather, the best bars to grab a drink later, etc.

Time for exciting story!

I thought there'd be a pen or pencil for write-ins, but there wasn't. So I asked to borrow a pen from a poll worker. He said his pen had never been used for a write-in before, and he'd have to frame it.

OK, not so exciting.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
Well, ideally people would be continuing all the election-related discussions that they put in this thread, instead of posting them as new topics because they're tards. Unfortunately, since everyone seems to be a tard, polls it is! Wheeeee!

MIMIC

Banned
ErasureAcer said:
I can just see tonight.

10 EDT All the news are calling it for Kerry.

xexex: Kerry is declared the winner
KE04: wooohooo Kerry wins
GA MOD: No talking about results!!!!!

:D

:lol

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Mandark said:
Well, ideally people would be continuing all the election-related discussions that they put in this thread, instead of posting them as new topics because they're tards. Unfortunately, since everyone seems to be a tard, polls it is! Wheeeee!

Ok then...

http://www.warblogging.com/archives/000943.php#000943

Early Returns?

Wonkette has posted some early numbers. It's not clear at all who they're from or what they represent (she says "a little birdie tells us", and that's all).

Do NOT rely on this numbers. They are unreliable rumor and speculation. Even if they are real exit poll numbers they are unreliable rumor and speculation. Do NOT rely on them for anything. If you live in Pennsylvania you had better vote.

You don't know who put these numbers out. They could be from Karl Rove himself.

But here they are:

Code:
State 	Kerry 	Bush
AZ	45	55
CO	48	51
LA	42	57
MI	51	48
WI	52	48
PA	60	40
OH	52	48
FL	51	48
MICH	51	47
NM	50	48
MINN	58	40
WISC	52	43
IOWA	49	49
NH	57	41

dem

An election thread where your topics are trimmed down to "Hows the weather in your area!" or "I waited two hours to vote!" is just lame. Its not even about the election.. its about how your day went.

Those are real numbers, DarienA. Even Drudge is linking to them.

However, there are two Wisconsin's and Michigan's. Although both are in favor of Kerry.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
dem: This topic has been around for a week. The point was for ALL election-related discussion to go here (to spare the non-political posters a flood of topics), but people kept posting new threads. Yeah, an election thread with no real discussion until the actual election is going to turn into a pollfest. But going by what people managed to post outside of this, there is a LOT to discuss other than Gallup and Zogby.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Yeah, I have to agree with you guys. It's the final day and discussion of poll results should be considered legitimate forum fodder. So long as things stay civil and the discussion doesn't devolve into "OMG BUSH DROPPED 12% IN NH, REPUBLICANS DOOMED HAHA"-style bullshit, go ahead and post your polls, with appropriate commentary.

We will be watching and moderating this thread carefully. Let's keep it on the up and up - don't let me down, GAF.

Carry on.

MIMIC

Banned
bishoptl said:
Yeah, I have to agree with you guys. It's the final day and discussion of poll results should be considered legitimate forum fodder. So long as things stay civil and the discussion doesn't devolve into "OMG BUSH DROPPED 12% IN NH, REPUBLICANS DOOMED HAHA"-style bullshit, go ahead and post your polls, with appropriate commentary.

We will be watching and moderating this thread carefully. Let's keep it on the up and up - don't let me down, GAF.

Carry on.

bishoptl for President. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom