• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official July 2007 NPD Prediction Thread

USD

sonycowboy said:
Yes I do.

And I can guarantee that folks will find the results interesting. And GAF now sucks at predicting
Ruh roh. I have a feeling my numbers are going to be off (especially my PS3 ones).

tanod

when is my burrito
sonycowboy said:
And I can guarantee that folks will find the results interesting. And GAF now sucks at predicting

Well since Pachter's numbers were almost exactly the same as GAF's save for the 360, Pachter also did a bad job at predicting this month.

Evlar

Banned
sonycowboy said:
Yes I do.

I'm feeling a collapse in PSP sales (mirroring Canada), PS3 topping XBox 360 and PSP and edging near PS2, and an unexpected drop in Wii sales.

sonycowboy said:
Yes I do.

Ooooh.

Now this sounds like a fun time.

Wii sales were severely down from last month by around 100,000 units. PSP sees it's first month over the Wii. PS3 sales were higher then the GAF aggregate, and 360 sales were slightly lower, all around console sales were down from last month as America heads into a Japanlike handheld market.

Signaling the end of consoles!

I'm scared!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
jetjevons said:
Why so? I mean you said "unexpected" but the Wii juggernaut seems unstoppable.

I could see lower shipments..that seems to be the trend the past few months. We'll see...

Evlar

Banned
schuelma said:
I could see lower shipments..that seems to be the trend the past few months. We'll see...
Yeah. I'm not expecting a long-term problem. Anecdotally speaking there seem to have been fewer Wii sightings this month.

USD said:
Ruh roh. I have a feeling my numbers are going to be off (especially my PS3 ones).

I'm actually kidding about the GAF prediction sucks thing. We're very good for the most part.

But, the thread will still be epic.

schuelma

titiklabingapat said:
My prediction: Wii undershipment, putting the wiibots right in the middle of the xbot/psbot fray!

I thought of that as well, but I think sonycowboy would have made a bigger deal if that was true.

schuelma

sonycowboy said:
I'm actually kidding about the GAF prediction sucks thing. We're very good for the most part.

God you love this don't you :lol :lol

titiklabingapat said:
My prediction: Wii undershipment, putting the wiibots right in the middle of the xbot/psbot fray!
Even at the lowest I don't see it any farther down then March really. And that was a one month fluke.

Though those that dislike the Wii seem to jump at any opportunity they get.

Sounds like fun though.:D

Branduil said:
Most people predicted that the PS3 would beat the 360, so I don't see how that would mean GAF sucks at predictions.
But maybe it didn't... DUN DUN DUUUUUUN!

Who knows, but I am enjoying the suspense. :D

sonycowboy said:
Yes I do.

Amazon redeemed? Odysseus banned? 360 under 100k? Then again, since Pachter's averages were almost identical to NeoGAF, it must mean his suck as well...right?

RBH

sonycowboy said:

backstreet3.jpg

"Quit playing games with my heart"

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Psychotext said:
But maybe it didn't... DUN DUN DUUUUUUN!

Who knows, but I am enjoying the suspense. :D

I'm not, I have plans at 6:30 so I'll miss it and won't get back to the comp until 9. So depressing.

Wow, so this threads are where you see monthly numbers eh? Good stuff.

Anyways, go Ps3!

Ummm, will Bioshock numbers be in this one? Yes or no? I'm either going to get owned hard or the other way around.

Frillen

Matt: Expect Wii sales to be the best ever in July. Beating out DS for the first time. Two and a half times Xbox 360, the nearest next-gen console competitor.

IGN Boards

He knows the numbers.

Wii>DS

360>PS3

Evlar

Banned
Or maybe there will be an inexplicable leap in GBA sales, prompting a never-ending chorus line of pole vault gifs.

schuelma

FortunateSon said:

Anyways, go Ps3!

Ummm, will Bioshock numbers be in this one? Yes or no? I'm either going to get owned hard or the other way around.

No, this is for July

Frillen said:
Matt: Expect Wii sales to be the best ever in July. Beating out DS for the first time. Two and a half times Xbox 360, the nearest next-gen console competitor.

IGN Boards

He knows the numbers.
MEGATON (if true)

angelfly

FortunateSon said:

Anyways, go Ps3!

Nope, Bioshock is August

Only another hour until the meltdowns and popcorn gifs. I'd better dig through and find find my prediction post before then.

Jiggy

It makes me sad that I had my wisdom teeth pulled too recently to be eating popcorn right now. I think this'll be the first time since joining well, getting approved for GAF that I didn't have a bowl on NPD day. :(

schuelma

Frillen said:

IGN Boards

He knows the numbers.

No effing way :lol :lol

GhaleonEB

Frillen said:

IGN Boards

He knows the numbers.
360>PS3

Anarchy confirmed. :lol

Xisiqomelir

Frillen said:

IGN Boards

He knows the numbers.

If true, then it sounds like Sony needs more:

pricecollapse.jpg

Top Bottom