• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official July 2007 NPD Prediction Thread

GhaleonEB

LiquidMetal14 said:
Don't know about owned. Obviously it is very hard to make a decent dent when you're still at 500. Considering the price, sales for PS3 are good. Obviously not Wii levels but that system is half the price. Either way, only forum fanboys and instigators will see this as a bad thing. As long as SNE can keep competetive with the prices then it's good. At least better than a sub-100k month.
What's going to be interesting is how the PS3 NPD figure ties to the 113% increase figure Sony provided in a PR for the "top five retailers". If they really did come close to that, then the 360 must have had a week-over-week increase of a fair margin to top the PS3. If they didn't, then we know why they only cited the "top five retailers" when providing the data.

Anarchy will result either way. Should be fun. :D

Parl

tahrikmili said:
Bike: Sony
White Car: Nintendo
2nd Car: Microsoft

I think the white car is MS. Sony wanted to pass MS this month, but MS wouldn't let them, but MS is a bit roughed up. Sony has been killed. And Nintendo are looking on at and letting MS and Sony battle it out, just minding its own business.

That said, I'm waiting for real NPD because I don't trust Matt much, tbh.

Agent Icebeezy said:
I so want to go play something but shit like this is keeping me glued to the screen.

I'm the same, I've been itching to play Skate all this evening and I keep getting attracted to NeoGAF threads! :lol

fusoya59

Dammit GAF.

I'm in the library right now, sitting in front of the computer, MISSING MY FIRST LECTURE CUZ OF YOU!

This better be worth it! I better see these promised meltdowns and suicides.

Go DS!

Dirtbag

fusoya59 said:
Dammit GAF.

I'm in the library right now, sitting in front of the computer, MISSING MY FIRST LECTURE CUZ OF YOU!

Go DS!

It's going to be 3 hours from now! Go to your lecture.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
GhaleonEB said:
What's going to be interesting is how the PS3 NPD figure ties to the 113% increase figure Sony provided in a PR for the "top five retailers". If they really did come close to that, then the 360 must have had a week-over-week increase of a fair margin to top the PS3. If they didn't, then we know why they only cited the "top five retailers" when providing the data.

Anarchy will result either way. Should be fun. :D
True, gotta love PR spin. Either way everyone ran with what was said and kinda assumed PS3 would outsell but I am not surprised that it didn't outsell Xbox. As long as more hardware is moving then it's good. They need to push more games and lower that price more though.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
fusoya59 said:
Dammit GAF.

Go DS!

If 360>PS3 Sony can't spin that shit. No way in hell.

Dirtbag 504 said:
It's going to be 3 hours from now! Go to your lecture.

We have less than 30 minutes to go

ummm can someone plz explain to me whats so great about NPDs? what meltdowns are you talking about? how can someone meltdown from NPD?

botticus

Opus Angelorum said:
I'm the same, I've been itching to play Skate all this evening and I keep getting attracted to NeoGAF threads! :lol
I was planning on putting Skies of Arcadia in, since the wife is at work tonight, but not anymore.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
momolicious said:
ummm can someone plz explain to me whats so great about NPDs? what meltdowns are you talking about? how can someone meltdown from NPD?

With the 100 dollar price drop and the news about the 360 problems. This should have been a slam dunk for the PS3. If they didn't, this month is going to have huge implications towards the future as far as this generation. Most of us were like, PS3>360 this month, then we will see how the 360 performs in August. If it is 360>PS3 in July, August on out is going to be a massacre when you compare the two.

laserbeam

Banned
Nintendo and Sony seem more like this Gif

rambo1sk2.gif

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
BenjaminBirdie said:
I have to cash my paycheck.

NPD IS LITERALLY COSTING ME MONEY, GAF!!!!
This is why I have direct deposit. Money is in the bank at 12:01am on pay day. :D

momolicious said:

Are you serious?

You've made over 4,500 posts on GAF and you don't understand the wonderous effects caused by a typical NPD thread? For shame.

itsgreen

Agent Icebeezy said:
With the 100 dollar price drop and the news about the 360 problems. This should have been a slam dunk for the PS3. If they didn't, this month is going to have huge implications towards the future as far as this generation. Most of us were like, PS3>360 this month, then we will see how the 360 performs in August. If it is 360>PS3 in July, August on out is going to be a massacre when you compare the two.

Yup, I thought PS3 would have beaten 360 hands down. But lets wait.

verplant said:
The price cut didn't came half way through the month... it came in the 1st week.

E3 07 was 11-13 July, the price cut was announced just before it started and came into action a couple od days later so it was closer to the middle if the month

Eric WK

mr_bishiuk said:
E3 07 was 11-13 July, the price cut was announced just before it started and came into action a couple od days later so it was closer to the middle if the month

It was the first week of the NPD period, though.

Opus Angelorum said:
Are you serious?

You've made over 4,500 posts on GAF and you don't understand the wonderous effects caused by a typical NPD thread? For shame.

never knew what NPD was so never really pay attention to them

ElFly

thekad said:
Now that I think about it, there is no way the 360 outsold the PS3. I don't trust Matt.

I am surprised the PS3 is selling so well, in fact.

It is only powered by brand name and horsepower :lol

felipeko said:
All i care is Madden next month...

I think the result is already fairly obvious.

momolicious said:
never knew what NPD was so never really pay attention to them

Get some supplies (popcorn is the preferred choice) and make yourself comfortable. You will never has seen a thread move so fast.

Busty

Banned
momolicious said:

NPD threads are everything that's really great and fundamentally wrong with GAF at the same time. Posters that are passionate about gaming and the biz in general. But then there are those who are far too 'emotionally invested' in the lump of plastic sitting under their TVs.

I'm sure that the shareholders of these companies aren't quite as animated as some of the posters here on GAF come NPD day.

They aren't my cup of tea, I usually just glance over the figures and leave. I still can't believe that so many people meltdown over sales figures.

I know people whose actual income can depend on the release of monthly sales figures and they aren't as 'passionate' as some of the posters here on GAF when it comes to the release of said numbers.

Long story short. A mixed blessing or a bad scene. Depending on which way you look at it.

thekad

Banned
ElFly said:

It has a few good games. Probably the same amount as the 360 had at this point in its lifetime though I suppose that doesn't matter to the consumer...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
ElFly said:

Kinda what I always say. Although it has a good catalog of games, the price is a big deterrent. Still, doubling sales or at least increasing them, would be good news. Again, only fanboys and instigators will take an increase in SNE sales as bad.

Top Bottom