• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official July 2007 NPD Prediction Thread

Damn, the time clock firefox addon is so damn useful. US Eastern 6:30 is just 15 minutes away!

Wii > DS is going to kill most people predictions though...mine included.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
BenjaminBirdie said:
Commerce FTW. I beat you by six hours and have a much better dinner tonight.

:D

See everyone in an hour!
Thursday is pay day for me. I've had my money for over 18 hours now. :D

michaeld

Banned
dudgecx6.gif

Busty said:
They aren't my cup of tea, I usually just glance over the figures and leave. I still can't believe that so many people meltdown over sales figures.
Come for the figures, stay for the gifs! :lol

Parl

So wait, now GBA has gained some of its marketshare back from PSP stealing it for the last few months, and with 360 Price drop/Bioshock/Halo stealing market share from PS3, will we see a return of GBA > PS3?

RBH

If Matt is correct, then the July NPD thread might overtake the February NPD thread as the most entertaining NPD thread of 2007 so far. :lol

oatmeal

Banned
I would say that PS3 is the bike, the white car is the Xbox 360 stopping the PS3 from passing, and the Wii is sitting to the side filling up on its sales (gas).

HylianTom

Banned
Damn.. what a horrible night to pull surgery call..

Dear Radiology Deities: please refrain from blessing this hospital with emergency lap. choles and trochanter nailings.. :D

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If Wii sets a sales record in the same month as the PS3 price cut, this warrants another press release from Princess Peach.

laserbeam

Banned
RBH said:
If Matt is correct, then the July NPD thread might overtake the February NPD thread as the most entertaining NPD thread of 2007 so far. :lol

could be the most epic NPD thread ever

Plinko said:
If Wii sets a sales record in the same month as the PS3 price cut, this warrants another press release from Princess Peach.

Just need a Wario Press release that is nothing more then an Animated Flash file of his laugh

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
momolicious said:
never knew what NPD was so never really pay attention to them

NPD used to be like how Media Create is now, a thorough beatdown. It used to be the PS2 that did this. Now, this is a pivotal month for the PS3. It kinda had to perform. Increase it's sales, I'm sure it did, but it was supposed to outsell something as well, to give confidence that it could compete, that is the cloudy part as of now.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
If the PS3 still doesn't hit 100k, people are going to explode into swirling fire tornadoes of feces.

Oh man. Now we're going to get a whole bunch of "I was expecting Sony to outsell the 360 and it didn't" uh-oh, doom is ahead.

Oh well. Those guys will now instead use that to spell doom for the Ps3.

Anyways, anyone know if Matt is really sure about those numbers?

If the 360 outsold the PS3 this month, and the Wii outsold the DS, do you think this increase in sales could be explained by people hearing about the PS3 price cut, going into the stores out of interest in the console, but instead coming out with the cheaper 360 or the cheap and cheerful Wii?

Xisiqomelir

HylianTom said:
Damn.. what a horrible night to pull surgery call..

Dear Radiology Deities: please refrain from blessing this hospital with emergency lap. choles and trochanter nailings.. :D

Wow, now NPD is putting lives at risk.

Parl

If Matt is correct, I think we should ban him because he destroyed some of our "surprise!" factor for us.

If he's incorrect, burn him with fire! (And ban him)

iceatcs said:
Wow people are ass. Felt sorry for biker, shame on white car driver such as bad drive.

The biker should have anticipated the White car's idiocy however. As a fellow rider, I'd be watching that car and waiting for it to be stupid and pull out in front of me, and ready therefore, to avoid the collision.

The biker should be alright, as long as he was wearing proper motorcycle gear (and not run over by another car). You can skid over 30m in proper motorcycle leathers, before your skin gets exposed). Road rash is the deadliest thing for motorcycle riders...

Meier

michaeld said:

Holy SHIT! I heard thunder and stuff, and my girlfriend sent me a text saying it was pouring downtown.. but uhh, had no idea it was that bad. O_O

lg

ComEd saying nearly 200k without power including 100k on the North side.. holy poop, dodged a bullet!

Talamius

Plinko said:

DK would be better. I wouldn't even make it intelligible.

Agent Icebeezy said:
NPD used to be like how Media Create is now, a thorough beatdown. It used to be the PS2 that did this. Now, this is a pivotal month for the PS3. It kinda had to perform. Increase it's sales, I'm sure it did, but it was supposed to outsell something as well, to give confidence that it could compete, that is the cloudy part as of now.

Kinda, sorta.

You forget such "arguments" as-

-wait for game X

-wait for better HD penetration

-fad

Remember, hope springs eternal
at PS3forum

Revised numbers...

Parser said:
Number of contestants: 219

PS2 - Agg. = 207,961; Expected Range = 170,000 to 220,000
PSP - Agg. = 225,193; Expected Range = 160,500 to 260,000
PS3 - Agg. = 156,054; Expected Range = 100,000 to 255,000
XBX - Agg. = 915
360 - Agg. = 165,726; Expected Range = 135,000 to 200,000
GBA - Agg. = 86,000; Expected Range = 80,000 to 90,500
NGC - Agg. = 10,311; Expected Range = 5,000 to 70,000
NDS - Agg. = 461,454; Expected Range = 350,000 to 520,000
WII - Agg. = 336,463; Expected Range = 275,789 to 450,000

:lol at all the people guessing way beyond the deadline.

Frillen

Dragona Akehi said:
The biker should have anticipated the White car's idiocy however. As a fellow rider, I'd be watching that car and waiting for it to be stupid and pull out in front of me, and ready therefore, to avoid the collision.

The biker should be alright, as long as he was wearing proper motorcycle gear (and not run over by another car). You can skid over 30m in proper motorcycle leathers, before your skin gets exposed). Road rash is the deadliest thing for motorcycle riders...

I actually remember the text which followed that clip on break.com

I'm quite sure it said that the guy was perfectly OK after the accident. Just some minor scratches.

laserbeam

Banned
C4Lukins said:
So what was the Wii's previous best month? We should at least get a decent indicator from that.

wasnt best ever sales like 700,000+ back around launch... Nintendo reported to have sold 600,000 Wii in the first 8 days of the US launch.. so if its the best ever it seems scary

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Count Dookkake said:
Kinda, sorta.

You forget such "arguments" as-

-wait for game X

-wait for better HD penetration

-fad

Remember, hope springs eternal.

:lol With this, there isn't any more 'wait' This is like 'it' I'm in utter shock at this, for the most part. I know 3 people that bought a PS3 when it price on the 60GB went to 500. In less than 10 minutes, we'll know the real deal.

Haunted

How can Sonycowboy say that the GAF average was pretty good when Matt has Wii > DS? The GAF aggregate has a 130k unit difference between the two.

Eric WK

Haunted One said:
How can Sonycowboy say that the GAF average was pretty good when Matt has Wii > DS? The GAF aggregate has a 130k unit difference between the two.

He didn't say that.

sonycowboy said:
Yes I do.

And I can guarantee that folks will find the results interesting. And GAF now sucks at predicting

methane47

I'm betting that SonyCowboy wont make it home in time to post the results at 6:30

That's been the case almost every month since I've been here

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
methane47 said:
I'm betting that SonyCowboy wont make it home in time to post the results at 6:30

Yup...it will probably be closer to 7.

ElFly

GarthVaderUK said:
If the 360 outsold the PS3 this month, and the Wii outsold the DS, do you think this increase in sales could be explained by people hearing about the PS3 price cut, going into the stores out of interest in the console, but instead coming out with the cheaper 360 or the cheap and cheerful Wii?

:lol

Hahahaa.

Price drops considered harmful!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
C4Lukins said:
So what was the Wii's previous best month? We should at least get a decent indicator from that.
604K (Dec) but I bet Matt meant for 2007 (436K in Jan).

Burai

shitonmychest57
methane47 said:

QFT. He's probably out right now handing out copies of the figures to homeless drunks just to rub it in.

Top Bottom