• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official June 2007 NPD Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

sonycowboy said:
EviLore will be responsible for the numbers tonight as I have a prior committment.

I fully expect increased Nintendo domination
I think we're all expecting that, especially after the Canadian NPD.

F

Firesprite121984

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at these numbers, and my own projection...

GAF's going to be waaay off today aren't they?

laserbeam

Banned
Firesprite121984 said:
Looking at these numbers, and my own projection...

GAF's going to be waaay off today aren't they?

I suspect the more sane GAF members will be pretty good as far as close to target. I consider my guess in the more sane category but i gotta admit I drool with anticipation for the numbers ;) i have a few gifs lined up for the thread

sonycowboy said:
EviLore will be responsible for the numbers tonight as I have a prior committment.

I fully expect increased Nintendo domination

Is that really possible ?

GhaleonEB said:
I think we're all expecting that, especially after the Canadian NPD.

I don't expect Canadian-like sales. They were too insane to be repeated in the US too.

GhaleonEB

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I don't expect Canadian-like sales. They were too insane to be repeated in the US too.
I was referring only to more Nintendo domination - the Canada NPD reflects that not much changed from last month. The margin has always been a bit different there than in the US. Factor in the extra week and I'm expecting subtle shifts for all three consoles in any direction.

donny2112

Mithos Yggdrasill said:

There's a reason we've started ending the prediction threads before the Canadian sales are released, you know. ;)

T-minus 3 hours. :)

EvilLore,
Can you post LTDs from the systems with the numbers tonight? With NPD changing their system, it's likely that they could've changed some of the LTD numbers.

milanbaros

Member?
Cheesemeister, appreciate the totaling, averaging etc of the figures but I think the median value is the most important one and it isn't shown (unless I just haven't read it properly). Its probably more representative than mean and definately better than 'expected value'. Why not, medium, mean and 1 or 2 standard deviation? That tells us everything we could want to know.

RBH

I'm interested in seeing how RE4 and Sigma fare for the software numbers in addition to seeing if Forza 2 has the same legs in the U.S. as it does in the UK. I'm guessing that the 360 will have at least 8 spots in the top 25 list.

I don't expect any megatons for the hardware numbers though. That will be for the July NPD thread. :D

laserbeam

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Don't think at that or you'll become too impatient !

people have waited since mays npd showed its face for junes :p then the evil delay. people are bursting at the seams for the results im sure

laserbeam

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
I have to leave my house at 7:30 EST to catch a plane. The numbers better not be delayed! Or else it could be days before I get to see them.

Just listen for lots of darth vader style Nooooooooooooooooos or gunshots. that will mean Nintendomination just keeps rolling stronger then ever

laserbeam

Banned
heres the million dollar question. Will Sony even try and spin again this month or just admit defeat like they seemingly did last month

They will spin. I have a feeling that hardware for PS3 will hit the 100,000 mark if not a little higher. They will say sales have increased 20% which seems like a lot, but the 5 week session makes a 20% longer selling session.

JDSN

Banned
Matt Cassamasina has posted the numbers on one of the IGN boards:

Well, technically DS does, but Wii comes in second. NPD data:

Nintendo DS: 561,000
Wii: 381,780
PlayStation Portable: 290,100
PlayStation 2: 270,760
Xbox 360: 198,440
Game Boy Advance: 113,870
PlayStation 3: 98,470

Matt

Wow, I did pretty bad this month.

faberpach

GBA>>PS3:lol

T Ghost

Will there be another post for the numbers or will they be posted on this one?

Also, how do NeoGAFers get their hands on NPD numbers?

donny2112 said:
For the PS3, they'll have a forward-looking statement talking about the "price drop" and July's expected sales.

yeah :/ there wont be much meltdown at this stage, who cares about NPD? PS3 is no.1 on amazon!

shawshankredemption.jpg

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing should ever die.

saelz8

T Ghost said:

There will be a new thread. Watch for it.

laserbeam

Banned
T Ghost said:

New thread will be made by Mods. and they get the numbers from NPD

Xavien

faberpach said:

If this is true then WTF at the PS3 not reaching 100k on a FIVE week month???!?

donny2112

faberpach said:

Oh, crap. Can someone provide an actual link for these numbers?

Edit:
If those numbers are real, I was only off by 115K with 45K of that being the Wii. :D

Jiggy

faberpach said:
Out of morbid curiosity, how many months does this make it now? (Not consecutive, but overall.)

Edit: Uh, obviously not counting months when GBA existed and PS3 didn't, for wise guy types. >_>
Edit 2: Wonderful numbers for DS, Wii, and PSP, by the way, if those are real. I hope the PSP redesign pushes that system higher so that we get a more portable-dominated market--and no, I'm not being sarcastic. It's actually what I want to see, in large part because it'll bring about the hybrid portable/home console sooner rather than later.

Razoric

Banned

Damn that little portable is just chugging along isn't it.

Sales of the new PSP will be interesting.

Speevy

Banned
Will the PS2 ever stop selling? The PS2 is still selling better than the Gamecube and Xbox were in 2003 (the equivalent of 2007 for last generation)

I mean, ever?

rs7k

This NPD will be very predictable. PS3 bombs again, GBA somehow hangs in there, 360 below acceptable, PS2 and Wii battle it out while DS rapes everyone's mammas.

July NPD will be meltdown week. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom