• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Salbug

That was a good episode for what it was, music fit so well for that scene. I just realized shit's about to get REAL GOOD in like two or three episodes if Toei keeps it up and doesn't air any filler in between.

That was a good episode for what it was! I just realized shit's about to get REAL GOOD in like two or three episodes if Toei keeps it up and doesn't air any filler in between.
Im actually going to be watching every week now because seeing as how from this point on the manga didn't chill the fuck out yet lol the episodes should be interesting

Salbug

Im actually going to be watching every week now because seeing as how from this point on the manga didn't chill the fuck out yet lol the episodes should be interesting

Most definitely, the train's gonna be going nonstop from here on out. I'm incredibly antsy for
a certain individual's on-screen debut.

Genryu

Banned
So I wasn't sure exactly where to put this, but I decided to finally watch Film Z.

Did the manga or anime ever explain just how badly Kuzan was beaten by Sakazuki, because god DAMN. I do remember that it took 10 days for the fight to finish, but I didn't realize
half of his body was scarred up and he lost his leg.

Also, why is Zephyr so cool

Salbug

So I wasn't sure exactly where to put this, but I decided to finally watch Film Z.

Did the manga or anime ever explain just how badly Kuzan was beaten by Sakazuki, because god DAMN. I do remember that it took 10 days for the fight to finish, but I didn't realize
half of his body was scarred up and he lost his leg.

Also, why is Zephyr so cool

Next episode will show
a bit of the damage Akainu received from Kuzan I believe.
I don't remember about explanations through.

SpecX

Wow, never knew there was a one piece thread going. I'm excited and sad at the same time, just caught up to the current episode after years of watching and stopping. Feels good to be caught up, but now I'm sad I cant binge through this arc. Glad I caught up just when this battle was drawing to a close.

Firestorm

Wow, never knew there was a one piece thread going. I'm excited and sad at the same time, just caught up to the current episode after years of watching and stopping. Feels good to be caught up, but now I'm sad I cant binge through this arc. Glad I caught up just when this battle was drawing to a close.

Manga awaits!

Now's the perfect time to catch up to the manga and join the manga OT.
(Warning: contains future spoilers)http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1201632

SpecX

I might take this up. Went into that thread and already spoiled myself looking through the first post. How far ahead is the manga and any idea how much longer this series has to go? I keep reading this is the final stretch.
Manga is about 30-40 chapters beyond the anime, and the anime is one chapter per episode nowadays (roughly)

Salbug

I might take this up. Went into that thread and already spoiled myself looking through the first post. How far ahead is the manga and any idea how much longer this series has to go? I keep reading this is the final stretch.

No idea how much longer this series has to go but to put into perspective the manga has just entered what is now known as the
"VS. Four Emperors"
Arc.

The anime just covered chapter 792 of the manga while the manga is currently ahead at chapter 821 which according to the wiki just released on April 4th in Japan.

No idea how much longer this series has to go but to put into perspective the manga has just entered what is now known as the
"VS. Four Emperors"
Arc.

The anime just covered chapter 792 of the manga while the manga is currently ahead at chapter 821 which according to the wiki just released on April 4th in Japan.
It's worth noting though that scanlations usually come about half a week early for shonen jump titles due to leaks
So while 821 was officially released today (or rather yesterday in Japan time) scanlations have been out since Thursday. This is why the official English jump is always behind scanlations

Grexeno

Which means Bamco has no excuse not to get them for the next One Piece game.
Other than being cheap bastards.
I assume the actual reason will continue to be "the cost of dubbing the games will continue to exceed any extra revenue gained from doing so."

Which means Bamco has no excuse not to get them for the next One Piece game.
Other than being cheap bastards.

Trying to think of if there's anyone playable in Burning Blood that wouldn't have a dub voice actor yet. Can't remember who's all playable but I don't think anyone revealed post-timeskip is except adult Sabo. I doubt anyone from Doflamingo's crew besides him is playable or anyone new from the Fishman Island arc.

Trying to think of if there's anyone playable in Burning Blood that wouldn't have a dub voice actor yet. Can't remember who's all playable but I don't think anyone revealed post-timeskip is except adult Sabo. I doubt anyone from Doflamingo's crew besides him is playable or anyone new from the Fishman Island arc.
Fuji,koala,sabo and Bart....That's it!! 4 outta 40 characters there is no excuse

Firestorm

http://youtu.be/-1IA5E30dMI

Not sure if it's real because of how old it is but it's too well made not to be.

It's not real.

Published on Jan 24, 2015
MAD One Piece Opening 19 OP Departure
THANKS FOR THE ONE MILLION VIEWS!!!!
by Back-On © 2014 Cutting Edge by Avex Japan
Video Footage courtesy of © 2014 Toei Animation, Inc. Japan
One Piece © Eiichiro Oda, Shueisha, Fuji TV, Toei Animation
Please comment, thank you!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Opening for Zou arc better be on point

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Episode 736

For manga readers, next week looks like a
big expansion of Sabo's backstory. Oda wanted to include it in the manga, but was told that it would take too long so he left it to the anime team to flesh it out. He explained it in an SBS so it's technically canon.

Two weeks from now.
Kaido! Any guesses on his voice? I hope it's Wakamoto, he is long overdue for a One Piece character (Ganzack doesn't count)

smurfx

get some go again
Episode 736

big expansion of Sabo's backstory. Oda wanted to include it in the manga, but was told that it would take too long so he left it to the anime team to flesh it out. He explained it in an SBS so it's technically canon.

Two weeks from now.
Kaido! Any guesses on his voice? I hope it's Wakamoto, he is long overdue for a One Piece character (Ganzack doesn't count)
holy crap i had no idea we would be getting expanded stuff! can't wait for the next episode then.

Damn Fujitora standing up to Akainu like a boss. I wonder what his plan is next now that it seems like he's done with the Navy. Not sure how the pink haired girl escaped from Blackbeard and Akainu but it doesn't seem like she has any plane anymore. Episode also confirmed that Aokiji is working for Blackbeard but I think he still is loosely connected to the Navy. I imagine he went to Punk Hazard for more than to piss off Kaido.

Looking forward to Sabo's backstory next week.

Love these kind of episodes. So many characters and stuff to be aware of, had to pause several times to make sure I didn't miss any detail.

"The highest power in the World Government" but they still have "men above them", stupid celestial dragons.

So there are more ways to reach the Sky Islands?
Bonney somehow escaped the Navy, good. She and the Monk might not have an alliance, yet. The latter probably gets recruited by whatever that thing was.

Capone and X Drake (kinda lame that he doesn't feel anything for this father as then the connection to Doffy is rather useless) directly oppose Luffy/Law. Though Capone probably doesn't work for Kaido and just wants Cesar for Big Mom, BB or himself.

Kid (and Killer), Apoo and Hawkins target Shanks so unless that becomes an emergency they won't meet the Straw Hats anytime soon. Didn't expect Kid to be a team-guy strategist.

They could stretch the canon-filler for Sabo into several episodes easily, but considering the preview showed so many scenes throughout his life it will probably just be one episode, maybe two?
edit: going by the episode titles it's only one plus maybe a bit

Firestorm

Episode 736

Two weeks from now.

That's super cool. I'm in!

Jarnet87

I am almost done with Skypiea arc, i hope there is a payoff to showing 3 episodes worth of that Montblanc backstory. Was painful to get through, I was like why the hell are they showing this now lol, get back to the Luffy vs Enel fight.

Oxn

I am almost done with Skypiea arc, i hope there is a payoff to showing 3 episodes worth of that Montblanc backstory. Was painful to get through, I was like why the hell are they showing this now lol, get back to the Luffy vs Enel fight.

errrr??

Thats like best part of the arc...

Top Bottom