• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

goda must not have had to contribute alot since this is using lots of reused scenes :(

-
Episode sounded better on paper than in execution, waiting until the ten minute mark to start the Sabo stuff was an odd decision, then basically giving two minutes for every major moment of his life was just plain strange. I wanted his past to be least a full episode or two.

Oh well Sabo was fantastic, and I love seeing Ace setting out.
CgNeus4WsAEFkAr.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There's more next week?

Then that means...
We won't get Kaido for another two weeks. Damn it!

So far the new material doesn't add much. A lot of it seems to be stuff we can figure out.

Expected a bit more new material. I wish they would show some Haki training. For every main character that can use it they're given a brief explanation on what it is but nothing about how they're improving it. Liked the current scenes in this episode though. In next weeks preview there's a brief scene with Fujitora holding something that I'm really curious about.

marmoka

Banned
There's content here that Oda wanted to include in the comic but finally discarded, no? I enjoyed the episode, but I would have skipped Luffy and Ace flashback, and focus just on Sabo. 1 manga episode -> 1 anime episode, with extra content, should have been fine.

This also made me wonder how the Navy doesn't know that Kuma works for the Revolutionary Army.
He can move across extremely large distances almost instantly, so it'd be simple for him to dupe the Navy into believing he's somewhere else entirely while he's hanging out with Dragon and his crew. He just needed to make sure he was never directly seen with them by anyone outside the Revolutionary Army.

Wasn't there a silhouette of him in Punk Hazard? In Caesar Clown's flashback.

I don't think so.

I could have sworn there was a silhouette shown during a scene somewhere in either the end of Thriller Bark or somewhere in one of the Franky cutaways during Amazon Lily/Impel Down/Marineford. Or maybe during a Sabaody scene? lol

edit: Found it:

m5zn_24bb9cd9fc1eac3.jpg

Although I totally forgot which scene/context this moment is in.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
He's had one or two silhouettes throughout the series. But as we've seen with plenty of other characters, silhouettes don't necessarily give any hint of how the character will look when Oda finally gets around to designing them.

Dressrosa arc finish? or still on going ? stop watching because this is dragging along.

Still going but nearly over. Getting some Sabo backstory that wasn't covered in the manga right now. Want to see what happened with Nami, Sanji, Chopper, Brook and Momonosuke against Big Mama but that's probably not happening for at least another week.

Sabo's background is kind of saddening and very emotional when you think about it. The way he fond out about Ace in the counter scene today got to me a lot, though it started when he was sitting on the mast and saw kid version of AceLu.

Im glad they kept my favorite ASL brotherhood scene but the sad music playing over it... ;/

Magwik

Banned
The into being less than 5 minutes is really throwing me off my game.
The anime is really damn good looking the second they left behind the brown aesthetics of Dressrosa

Jaroof

Sabo's background is kind of saddening and very emotional when you think about it. The way he fond out about Ace in the counter scene today got to me a lot, though it started when he was sitting on the mast and saw kid version of AceLu.

Im glad they kept my favorite ASL brotherhood scene but the sad music playing over it... ;/

Seriously. I teared up.

I'm so anxious to see what's happened to Sanji and the rest of the crew!

Love that one of Sabo's quirks is hanging up on people. Hahaha

Kaizer

Banned
Latest episode was fantastic, love Sabo's character and his backstory. When they showed the scene of him reuniting with Luffy at the coliseum again, I had the biggest smile on my face. It was also cool to see a little more of Luffy's Dad, a character I've always been hugely fascinated by. Looks like it's finally time to start catching up on the manga so I can know what's about to down!

Cwarrior

Enjoyed the last episode a lot. Liked seeing so much of the Revolutionary Army. And the art looked pretty good at times.

Yeah the training part art and animation was by yoichi mitsui.

Tonight episode going to be interesting

One Piece Episode 739
Screenplay: 「冨岡淳広」 Atsuhiro Tomioka
Episode director: 「伊藤聡伺」 Satoshi Itō(debuted in dressrosa and has only deliverd)
Storyboard: 「伊藤聡伺」 Satoshi Itō
Animation director: 「多嘉良敢」 Isamu Takara(promoted to full time animation director, this going to be his first time being an animation director for a full episode)

Two of the upcoming rookies are teaming up to lead an episode.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Holy shit Caesar is Frieza (my only exposure to caesar anime version up through now has been random SHIRORORORORO videos)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Episode 739

I was hoping for a music track that was much more ominous for Kaido's debut, but at least the art and animation was good there.

Squishy3

They'll wait a bit before giving us a new opening. Not enough new stuff to justify one yet. Punk Hazard didn't get an OP until 11 episodes in.

Was hoping to see a little more of Kaido. Still a cool introduction though. I thought Garp was with Tsuru not Sengoku but it makes more sense. Going to be interesting how the rest of Dressrosa plays out. Fujitora already made his decision not to capture the Straw Hats but now he's being forced to. He's a really nice guy but hates the Navy as it is right now. I wonder if he would actually resign if given an ultimatum.

Ray Down

Banned
They'll wait a bit before giving us a new opening. Not enough new stuff to justify one yet. Punk Hazard didn't get an OP until 11 episodes in.

I imagine we will get a new one once we actually reach Zou.

Was hoping to see a little more of Kaido. Still a cool introduction though. I thought Garp was with Tsuru not Sengoku but it makes more sense. Going to be interesting how the rest of Dressrosa plays out. Fujitora already made his decision not to capture the Straw Hats but now he's being forced to. He's a really nice guy but hates the Navy as it is right now. I wonder if he would actually resign if given an ultimatum.

I think Garp is still around recruiting new marines.

Holy shit they got Tessho Genda to voice Kaido! That is literally who I was hoping would get the job! I adore the quality of his voice. Breaking out my Yu Yu Hakusho DVDs for Dark Tournament so I can hear him some more!

They might actually get me to start watching this garbage again.

Cwarrior

One piece 739

This episode was beautiful from start to finish, the hyper detailed clothing,muscle and skin looked great.the episode was full to the brim with great art,animation and some interesting directional shots.

https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/22537/animated-effects-fighting-fire-one_piece-smoke-yos

https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/22535/animated-character_acting-effects-naotoshi_shida-o

satoshi ito and takara isamu have a bright future ahead of them.

Kaido voice is perfect, his entrance was on some stupid levels of hype.

marmoka

Banned
This is one of those episodes that blows someone's mind.

Zou arc is almost coming!! One of the best One Piece arcs is beginning!! End Dressrosa soon!! Total madness is coming!!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So glad that Tessho Genda is Kaido.

It was either him or Ryuzaburo Otomo, and of course, the latter is already Crocodile.

I suppose Fumihiko Tachiki was another option, but.... he's already Akainu and Don Krieg.

Squishy3

So glad that Tessho Genda is Kaido.

It was either him or Ryuzaburo Otomo, and of course, the latter is already Crocodile.

I suppose Fumihiko Tachiki was another option, but.... he's already Akainu and Don Krieg.
It could've been the return of Wakamoto to the One Piece world!

Top Bottom