• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Why did Americans reject Clintonomics when Gore was running? Did Gore's personality turned off a lot of voters? It puzzles me that we had such a great economy and then Bush gets elected.
People are dumb & greedy. Tax cuts! TAX CUTS! GIMME MONEY!

They fail to see the big picture truth:
-You are getting a tiny cut, the vast majority of savings will go to the wealthy
-Massive deficits devalue your currency as people trust your credit less and less.
-Without matching spending cuts, tax cuts are nothing but tax deferment. You still owe those taxes plus interest now.

Hootie

Fjolle said:
Thanks for the entertainment poligaf. It has been a wonderful ride :lol

What, you think this shit is over? We still have to rabble on about cabinet positions and then we have Inauguration Day!

...then....who knows.

speculawyer said:
People are dumb & greedy. Tax cuts! TAX CUTS! GIMME MONEY!

They fail to see the big picture truth:
-You are getting a tiny cut, the vast majority of savings will go to the wealthy
-Massive deficits devalue your currency as people trust your credit less and less.
-Without matching spending cuts, tax cuts are nothing but tax deferment. You still owe those taxes plus interest now.

Yeah. I learned about that by spending hours in front of the computer during PoliGaf's election cycle. Republicans are good at putting fear into voter's minds when it comes to taxes.

RiZ III

I was at the rally. Finally got to check out this epic thread. AMERICA FUCK YEA!! This is why this is the greatest country in the world bitches!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
So after reading a few descriptions of what the CoS does...they seem way more fucking powerful than the VP.

They actually have direct ability to make decisions on behalf of the president it looks like.

PhoenixDark said:
Rahm Emanuel Chief of Staff confirmed

Muslim Zionist Tag Team Tsunamiii
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Good job pointing out a certain truth . . . this will be diverse administration.

Edit: Oh . . . and Joe-The-Plumber . . . you still think this means death to Israel? Not so much.

Fun fact: Should Stevens win in Alaska, he would be ejected from the Senate. The governor would have to call a special election within 90 days since there is no scheduled election in AK for quite some time.

Here's the fun part-there really isn't anything stopping Stevens from running in the special election, only to be refused to be seated by the Senate again. Which would trigger another special election, which in turn Stevens might-it's not clear under AK law-run for again.

Wacky!

Fox318

Hootie said:
What, you think this shit is over? We still have to rabble on about cabinet positions and then we have Inauguration Day!

...then....who knows.
nyziiw.jpg

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Dax01 said:
So, I hear that the reason why NC hasn't been called yet is because the provisional (?) votes haven't been counted yet.

Damn.
And the provisional ballots outnumber Obama's margin.

Fragamemnon said:
Fun fact: Should Stevens win in Alaska, he would be ejected from the Senate. The governor would have to call a special election within 90 days since there is no scheduled election in AK for quite some time.

Here's the fun part-there really isn't anything stopping Stevens from running in the special election, only to be refused to be seated by the Senate again. Which would trigger another special election, which in turn Stevens might-it's not clear under AK law-run for again.

Wacky!

Or Palin will simply replace him with herself

I hope so

Nooreo

After coming home from school, And than realizing how much attention obama has gotten from around the world.

I think the name "Obama" is the most said name in the world!!

Fox318

platypotamus said:
Is this guaranteed? Would the Senate not give his appeal process a chance before making with the boot?
Senate would kick him after his appeal, and Palin would replace him with the rightest republican she could find in Alaska.

Fragamemnon said:

Wacky!
Infinite Loop! Aaaaaah!

Baby Milo

man the image thats gonna stick with me is after the election was called and seeing the camera on jesse jackson with tears in his eyes

that shit was powerful

I always knew that after Obama won the election, he would already have in place some form of "shadow" government. I really do think once he's sworn into office, he's going to kick it in full force on trying to get his agendas passed. That's just the type of guy he is.

Wait . . . so the Muslim's first appointment was a jew?

What a clever way of throwing everyone off from his secret plans of creating the new global Caliphate!

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Baby Milo said:
man the image thats gonna stick with me is after the election was called and seeing the camera on jesse jackson with tears in his eyes

that shit was powerful

Jesse Jackson was just crying because he knows that he'll never be taken seriously, ever again. While the moment was incredibly powerful for everyone and no doubt him... Jesse Jackson is a total asshole... remember not too long ago where he said Obama was a n***** and said he wanted to cut his nuts off? F that guy.

In about an hour, I'm going to have to see my folks and my grandmother for the first time after the election. I hope they aren't in a ranting mood. My folks will be calm, but my grandmother might be a bit vocal.

Baker

Banned
msnbc said:
The nation's top intelligence officials planned to give him top-secret daily briefings starting Thursday, sharing with him the most critical overnight intelligence as well as other information he has not been allowed to see as a senator or candidate.

Man, how awesome would that be?

Jason's Ultimatum said:
I always knew that after Obama won the election, he would already have in place some form of "shadow" government. I really do think once he's sworn into office, he's going to kick it in full force on trying to get his agendas passed. That's just the type of guy he is.
Hopefully........

Haunted

Son of Godzilla said:
Between this and the Kennedy thing Obama is going to become a better president in a single fucking day than I thought he'd ever be.

Yes, from his SNL hosting (wat) day.
Awesome.

To both of your comments.

Baby Milo

El_TigroX said:
Jesse Jackson was just crying because he knows that he'll never be taken seriously, ever again. While the moment was incredibly powerful for everyone and no doubt him... Jesse Jackson is a total asshole... remember not too long ago where he said Obama was a n***** and said he wanted to cut his nuts off? F that guy.
:lol :lol :lol

oh i remember all of that and i agree with you but dude has seen and been through it all.

JCreasy

crowphoenix said:
In about an hour, I'm going to have to see my folks and my grandmother for the first time after the election. I hope they aren't in a ranting mood. My folks will be calm, but my grandmother might be a bit vocal.

show her this before you say anything . . .

slide_611_12589_large.jpg

Pezking

Kudos from Germany - good job, folks!

Only you guys with your sports and elections manage to make me stay up that long at night.

So, what are the chances now that Guantanamo will be closed and the death penalty abolished (I guess the closing of Guantanamo is much more likely, right?)?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Baker said:
Man, how awesome would that be?
The only reason I'd ever want to be pope is so I can see the date that apparently the world is going to end.

After I found out I'd just run to GAF and be like:

*new topic*
Title: LOL GAF! Pope here. The world ends on...
Body: 12/12/12...HOLY FUCK REPENT SINNERS! Pope, out.
/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom