• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
ObamaLogo.gif
vs.
mccain_logo.jpg

I had a huge thread all made up but when I was looking for a few last links for the topic I accidentally exited out the page I was making it on.

Soooo...

here's the lazy version.

VICE PRESIDENTS

OBAMA - Shit is going down tonight or tomorrow. Get a text message to find out exactly who. Biden, Bayh, Sebelius and Kaine are said to be frontrunners.

And the winner is... JOE BIDEN.

McCAIN - Sometime right after the Demo convention strategically is wisest. August 29th or 30th. Frontrunners are Mitt Romney, Lieberman, Tom Ridge and Pawlenty.

CONVENTIONS

OBAMA - Denver, August 25th-28th. Epic showdowns and unity. Visit website here.

McCAIN - September 1-4, Minneapolis. Fun times with a beaten Republican brand. Visit website here.

DEBATES

Article

SEP. 26 - "The first presidential debate, at the University of Mississippi in Oxford, will focus on foreign policy and national security. John McCain and Barack Obama will stand at lecterns and answer questions from moderator Jim Lehrer."

OCT. 2 - "The vice presidential debate will be held at Washington University in St. Louis."

OCT. 7 - "The second presidential debate, at Belmont University in Nashville, Tenn., will have a town-hall-style format. Moderator Tom Brokaw will call on audience members and pose questions submitted through the Internet."

OCT. 15 - "The final presidential debate, at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y., will center on domestic and economic policy. Mr. McCain and Mr. Obama will sit at a table with moderator Bob Schieffer."

END

HAVE FUN! Be nice. <3 siamesedreamer

woeds

It's 22.30 here, so the announcement will probably come when I'm asleep. I'm thinking about leaving my phone on, turning the volume for texts way up and putting it besides my pillow :D (if I actually get the message, not being in the US)

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Oh, well, so much for me making the new thread if Clark was the VP.

Damn you Ami!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
HOLY FUCK MY CAWK OF ANTICIPATION HURTS!

Guybrush Threepwood said:
What will happen on NeoGAF if McCain is elected?

i was thinking about this, not about how the internet would react but about america in general. it would be the most depressing thing ever.

RubxQub

Captain Pants said:
The other half gets drafted.
...and left in Iraq for 50-100 years.

Oh God, John King is going over the schematics of the Pepsi Center on CNN, and Cavuto is asking "Is Obama Bashing 'American Dream' By Bashing McCain's 7 Homes?"

They really are desperate.

Solaros

I didn't get to the last page of the other thread, does someone mind dropping an update for me? Amirox's OP doesn't tell me much, and honestly I haven't been following it much besides reading up on the other PoliGAF thread.

Cyan

Banned
Awesome, finally a new thread.

Not that it'll help all that much once shit starts going down, but at least it's nice and small for now!

GhaleonEB

Frank the Great said:
Oh God, John King is going over the schematics of the Pepsi Center on CNN, and Cavuto is asking "Is Obama Bashing 'American Dream' By Bashing McCain's 7 Homes?"

They really are desperate.
The American Dream wasn't to get filthy rich. :\
Captain Pants said:
Surely some of us will go to Iran as well.
And Russia.

reilo

Solaros said:
I didn't get to the last page of the other thread, does someone mind dropping an update for me? Amirox's OP doesn't tell me much, and honestly I haven't been following it much besides reading up on the other PoliGAF thread.

People were just eating their heads and recording it live while Obama was crushing everyone's balls with his almighty grip.

RubxQub

Captain Pants said:
True. The American dream is to marry an heiress that you were having an affair with while your now unsightly wife weeps.
Fixed! Oh god it would be so great.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
blah blah blah poorly conceived Republican talking points and right wing radio spew poorly disguised as allegedly Libertarian cynicism blah blah blah

(Now it's a complete thread)

RubxQub

Jindal fucking lying about taxation of the middle-class.

Fuck this guy.

Tyrone Slothrop said:
i was thinking about this, not about how the internet would react but about america in general. it would be the most depressing thing ever.

Not for the racists though.

Strike that. Even the KKK want Obama to win so that white American will realize how much they've given over to the "blacks".

This will be the most bizarre election ever. :lol

reilo

Jindal on CNN flat-out lying about Obama's tax positions and of course that moron Blitzer doesn't have the foresight nor balls to call him out on it.

And Jindal has the fucking galls to say that the "nation doesn't deserve an election on gaffes and other things American people don't care about."

Do these guys ever look in the mirror?

OuterWorldVoice said:
blah blah blah poorly conceived Republican talking points and right wing radio spew poorly disguised as allegedly Libertarian cynicism blah blah blah

(Now it's a complete thread)

blah blah blah Obama is setting gays back a trillion years by supporting given them the same rights as everyone else minus the nomenclature blah blah bleeeeeeh

Thread is complete now.

RubxQub

Wolf Blitzer fucking fails. He just let Jindal make shit up right in front of him and did nothing to correct him.

Fucking hack. Give me my MSNBC back :(

Captain Pants said:
True. The American dream is to marry a rich white lady.
Good point is destroying Cavuto's attempt at a point. So much of the GOP policies are geared more toward preserving the wealth of the people that are already wealthy instead of creating conditions to allow others to become wealthy.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
A lot of the press Ive seen recently hasent been so positive for Obama compared to like a month ago.. I hope him announcing his VP will turn things around..

a friend of mine that I hadn't talked to in weeks decides to send me a text message today saying she has a new phone number

what the fuck, later for that shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom