• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

basik

ferraro is on fox news, sounds like shes going puma for mccain.

shepard said that 1 in 4 women who voted for hillary had also voted for bush... operation chaos?

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
theviolenthero said:
U'm, i'm assuming your joking.
you know, you could just read the article i linked to a few posts up - it explains it as this -

John McCain on Friday announced a running mate whom he met only six months ago and with whom he spoke just once on the phone about the position before offering it in person earlier this week.

McCain’s first encounter with Sarah Palin came at a Washington meeting of the National Governors Association in February, according to a campaign-provided reconstruction of how the little-known Alaska governor was thrust into the national spotlight. The two discussed the position by phone on Sunday before McCain invited Palin and her husband to Arizona to formally make the offer. McCain, joined by his wife, Cindy, did just that Thursday morning at their home near Sedona, Ariz.

By picking somebody he and most Americans barely know — an out-of-the-blue decision that sent shock waves of disbelief through the political world and still has jaws agape — McCain has taken a considerable gamble.

Cyan

Banned
I'm starting to wonder if McCain has lost it. I don't mean figuratively. Is this bizarre, out-of-character choice a sign of creeping senility?

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Cyan said:
I'm starting to wonder if McCain has lost it. I don't mean figuratively. Is this bizarre, out-of-character choice a sign of creeping senility?
maybe McCain is this generation's Don Quixote.

besada

Banned
scorcho said:
Bay Buchanan says that having a son in Iraq is a 'start' to having foreign policy experience. a Fox News commentator earlier said that the geographic proximity of Russia to Alaska also means she has foreign policy experience.

i'm dumbfounded.

Yeah, I found that to be pretty astonishing. If each kid in Iraq counts as foreign policy experience, Then there's an experience gap for Obama. Biden's got one, McCain has two, and Palin has one.

Clearly Obama needs to send both of his daughters to Iraq.

Obama will repeal the Bush tax cuts. Repealing the Bush tax cuts will create "a tax increase" on working Americans. The American people are more qualified to spend their own money than the government. It is not irresponsible to let people spend their own earned income.

Zeliard

PhoenixDark said:

One of those e-mails was like "the mocking of Palin's experience is funny when she's younger than Obama and has about as much experience, so what's that say about Obama?"

Why do people keep missing the point? Nobody is saying that Palin is inexperienced because Obama is super-experienced, we're saying that because McCain's entire campaign revolves around experience, and he takes any chance he can get to try and say that Obama is not experienced enough to be president.

So when he picks a highly inexperienced VP, who's main purpose is to take on the President's roles and responsibilities if the actual President is unable to go on, McCain simply looks hypocritical and foolish. His experience message that he's been hammering his entire campaign is now completely undermined, so what's he have to run on? Reform, against Obama? A pro-life campaign, to try and win back his base? He's not going to stand a chance by trying to appeal to the far right at this point, or by trying to have a "change-off" against the likes of Obama.

Shiggie

Can someone Avatar-size this for me?

scorcho said:
Bay Buchanan says that having a son in Iraq is a 'start' to having foreign policy experience. a Fox News commentator earlier said that the geographic proximity of Russia to Alaska also means she has foreign policy experience.

i'm dumbfounded.

Uh hello. Everybody knows we need to put a fence up to stop all those illegal russians crossing the Bering Straits.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
SEGA SAMMY said:
Obama will repeal the Bush tax cuts. Repealing the Bush tax cuts will create "a tax increase" on working Americans. The American people are more qualified to spend their own money than the government. It is not irresponsible to let people spend their own earned income.

Don't spew bullshit and lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom