• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
GhaleonEB said:

PALIN: The interesting thing in the last couple of days that I have seen is that Americans are waiting to see what John McCain will do on this proposal. They're not waiting to see what Barack Obama is going to do. Is he going to do this and see what way the political wind's blowing. They're waiting to see if John McCain will be able to see these amendments implemented in Paulson's proposal.

:lol No shit they're waiting to see what McCain will do on this. Because Obama has already told us what he would do.

Azrael

If McCain doesn't show up on Friday, I would guess the debate will be replaced with a Q&A with Obama. But I'm sure they would do a second make-up Q&A with McCain later, even though he doesn't deserve one.

So this is basically all about Caribou Barbie's inability to stuff the most basic of GOP talking points into that pile of loose rocks that forms her brain. I'm kind of angry-I was looking forward to her giving the wrong set of talking points when asked a question she wasn't ready for.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
So they want to move the debate to Oct 2nd, in essence moving the Palin-Biden debate too. This whole plan was basically launched last night after the Rick Davis Fannie Mae story came out.

PALIN: The interesting thing in the last couple of days that I have seen is that Americans are waiting to see what John McCain will do on this proposal. They're not waiting to see what Barack Obama is going to do. Is he going to do this and see what way the political wind's blowing. They're waiting to see if John McCain will be able to see these amendments implemented in Paulson's proposal.

:lol :lol

palin.gif

saelz8

Wow, so it's looking like they are actually trying to sabotage the VP debates?

They are trying to protect Palin, so fucking obvious! :lol

The entire McCain campaign since Sarah Palin was picked has been like watching an episode of the price is right where all of the contestants are complete idiots, and then having to read JayDubya's abortion screeds during the commerical break.

The campaign's combination of incompetence and tortured "logic" have turned his campaign into something you slow down and watch because you simply can't pull youself away from the horror of it all.

Hootie

RubxQub said:
Whooooooooo boy...

Move the VP debates to Friday PLEASE!

Well hey, if the Republicans are so damn confident about her abilities, why not move it up? Oh wait, because she'd make a fool of herself and the entire GOP.

Not that the GOP has any credibility left as it is...

Trakdown

Fragamemnon said:
The entire McCain campaign since Sarah Palin was picked has been like watching an episode of the price is right where all of the contestants are complete idiots, and then having to read JayDubya's abortion screeds during the commerical break.

The campaign's combination of incompetence and tortured "logic" have turned his campaign into something you slow down and watch because you simply can't pull youself away from the horror of it all.

It's more like SNL's Celebrity Jeopardy w/o the whimsy.

COURIC: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

PALIN: He's also known as the maverick though. Taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about--the need to reform government.

:lol I can't stop laughing...

gcubed

epic, i cant watch this anymore too funny... LBP calls... i hope i wake up tomorrow to the America i think i live in, which will be the America calling this bullshit

Zeliard

mamacint said:

COURIC: Would you support a moratorium on foreclosures to help average Americans keep their homes?

PALIN: That's something that John McCain and I have both been discussing whether that is part of the solution or not...you know, it's going to be a multi-faceted that has to be found here.

COURIC: So you haven't decided whether you'll support it or not?

PALIN: I have not.

COURIC: What are the pros and cons of it do you think?

PALIN: Well, some decisions that have been made poorly should not be rewarded of course.

COURIC: By consumers, you're saying?

PALIN: Consumers and those who were predator lenders also. That's, you know, that has to be considered also. But again, it's got to be a comprehensive long term solution found for this problem that America is facing today. As I say, we are getting into crisis mode here.

2db55av.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Hahaha it was too obvious that they were scared of having Palin VS Biden. Seriously, all her interviews make her sound so dumb.

I bet she doesn't know what a "moratorium" is!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
COURIC: Why do you say that? Why are they waiting for John McCain and not Barack Obama?

PALIN: He's got the track record of the leadership qualities and the pragmatism that's needed at a crisis time like this.

COURIC: But polls have shown that Senator Obama has actually gotten a boost as a result of this latest crisis with more people feeling that he can handle the situation better than John McCain?

PALIN: I'm not looking at poll numbers.

If she's not using polls to calculate what people do or don't want then what is she using?

Trakdown said:

The GOP is going to be looking for an anal bum cover by Nov. 4th. It's just a matter of time before some of the moderate GOP'ers fighting in +1/+2 GOP/Dem districts or incumbent Senators in blue states toss McCain under the bus.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
OuterWorldVoice said:
If she's not using polls to calculate what people do or don't want then what is she using?
eightball.jpg

Trakdown

Ether_Snake said:
Hahaha it was too obvious that they were scared of having Palin VS Biden. Seriously, all her interviews make her sound so dumb.

I bet she doesn't know what a "moratorium" is!

"That's where they keep the dead people, right Charleee?"

Trakdown said:
"What's the difference between you and a mallet with a cold?
One's a sick duck. I can't remember how it ends but your mother's a whore."

Tamanon said:
She's fallen to Charlie Gibson and Katie Couric. That's something that actually doesn't seem possible.
Oi. Are you going or what?

so_awes

Banned
David Letterman tells audience that McCain called him today to tell him he had to rush back to DC to deal with the economy.

Then in the middle of the taping Dave got word that McCain was, in fact just down the street being interviewed by Katie Couric. Dave even cut over to the live video of the interview, and said, "Hey Senator, can I give you a ride home?"

Earlier in the show, Dave kept saying, "You don't suspend your campaign. This doesn't smell right. This isn't the way a tested hero behaves." And he joked: "I think someone's putting something in his metamucil."

"He can't run the campaign because the economy is cratering? Fine, put in your second string quarterback, Sara Palin. Where is she?"

"What are you going to do if you're elected and things get tough? Suspend being president? We've got a guy like that now!"
:lol :lol :lol is this true???? (a comment from the TMP link)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
OuterWorldVoice said:

:lol :lol What's funny about the poll remark is I GUARANTEE that her handlers taught her that "Any interviewer ever mentions any polls of any kind = 'I'm not paying attention to poll numbers'"

So she recites the canned line, even though the question was a specific one...

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK TODD!

Uh...yeah... Oh Todd...TODD! My, your beard is like a ginger forest of love.

Predict my level of arousal you magician of numbers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom