• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The faces Kattie make, look like Gif Material to me

Trakdown said:
Okay, serious question to Alaskan Gaffers: What the fuck were you thinking electing her?
Grooming her as the Beauty Pageant VP that they knew McCain would pick since both his wives were also beauty pageant gals. :D

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
The implosion is beginning, this is completely falling apart.

I love it.

Here is the real problem: the comedy bits write themselves on this. He is going to get skewered on late night and by everyone in the media other than the republicans talking heads.

Hootie

Oh boy, just found out my parents are both voting McCain (and I'm in freaking Rhode Island!)

Mom - I like Sarah Palin
Step-father - McCain suspending his campaign shows he's ready to lead. He'll be up in the polls by 5-6 points in the next few days :)lol )

Can't say they're the smartest cookies in the jar.

oh sweet god at the hanky panky plan. Here's how they came up with the 700 BILLION DOLLARS number:

"It's not based on any particular data point," a Treasury spokeswoman told Forbes.com Tuesday. "We just wanted to choose a really large number."

Congress should not believe a damn word out of Hank's mouth EVER AGAIN.

ronito

maynerd said:
Holy Moley...Game OVER
that's where you're wrong. Every time I see something like this that's like "Ok, it's done it's over. No way people are going to be dumb enough to let this woman anywhere close to the nuclear button." I am always proven wrong that there are indeed people dumb enough.

Hootie said:
Oh boy, just found out my parents are both voting McCain (and I'm in freaking Rhode Island!)

Mom - I like Sarah Palin
Step-father - McCain suspending his campaign shows he's ready to lead. He'll be up in the polls by 5-6 points in the next few days :)lol )

Can't say they're the smartest cookies in the jar.
Fail Hootie. My mom's voting Obama. :p

giga

COURIC: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

PALIN: He's also known as the maverick though.

Picture+3.png

Picture+1.png

Trakdown

Fragamemnon said:
oh sweet god at the hanky panky plan. Here's how they came up with the 700 BILLION DOLLARS number:

facepalm.gif

Somebody club Paulson. Seriously.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Deer in headlights look on her face when Katie follows up on the Ricky Davis shit :lol

HylianTom

Banned
Holy shit.. so much happened while I was asleep today. We're going-on with the debate, right?

Wow..

(has the WSJ poll been released yet?)

Tamanon

Banned
Fragamemnon said:

No shit...I mean....

"It's not based on any particular data point," a Treasury spokeswoman told Forbes.com Tuesday. "We just wanted to choose a really large number."

WTF DOES THAT MEAN? That's just....no wonder everyone was basically keelhauling Paulson at the hearing.

RiZ III

The Republicans are such fucking clowns. First they give us Bush and if he wasn't incompetent enough, they now try to get Palin as VP!! Its just ridiculous, really, it isn't even funny. I mean what the hell are they trying to do to this country?

MrHicks

Banned
this is like a horror movie
just the thought of palin as president is good enough for a pantsshitting hollywood thriller

wow @ that couric interview
wtf kind of people are the republican elite?

what creature...what thing could approve of this vice pres pick?
*stares blank at screen*

That was such a sick burn.

Palin spouts on and on about McCain's "track record" and is caught in the headlights when asked for a specific example.

Such a fucking burn.

Hootie

Dax01 said:
Fail Hootie. My mom's voting Obama. :p

I'm trying to talk some sense into 'em, but it's not working out so well. I actually got both of them to vote Obama in the primaries, which surprised me.

Not that their votes matter whatsoever, as Rhode Island is one of the safest Obama states in the nation.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
jmdajr said:
link/

check out these comments on McCain canceling the debate.

Hmm yes 8 comments at 2:58 and none after. Hmm hmm, not fake comments at all.

RiZ III said:
The Republicans are such fucking clowns. First they give us Bush and if he wasn't incompetent enough, they now try to get Palin as VP!! Its just ridiculous, really, it isn't even funny. I mean what the hell are they trying to do to this country?
Save it from the liberal menace.

Hootie said:
I'm trying to talk some sense into 'em, but it's not working out so well. I actually got both of them to vote Obama in the primaries, which surprised me.

Not that their votes matter whatsoever, as Rhode Island is one of the safest Obama states in the nation.
You keep telling yourself that; trying to make yourself feel better.
Poor, poor Hootie.

GhaleonEB

Wow. Just watched that five minute interview segment. When not regurgitating barely relevant talking points, she was flying all over the map, even contradicting herself. I was embarrassed watching it. Painful stuff.

10 days to the veep debate. Bring it on. :lol

Shins

Banned
MassiveAttack said:
The first minute of the interview where she pauses to try to answer the Rick Davis question was just about the most awkward thing I've seen on TV in years...
She just... Jesus-fuck.

effzee

ok i missed out on the whole mccain suspending his campaign stunt.

what happened? was it part of obamas plan as well? is it still on?

Trurl

Banned
McCain is screwing up so badly that it almost feels like we don't need an election.

All that Obama has to do now is avoid becoming arrogant.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Shins said:
She just... Jesus-fuck.
I believe the politically correct acceptable vernacular is "ChristFuck"

ChristFuck...

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
jmdajr said:
I'm too scared to watch the interview

OMG WATCH IT. I... I could have never imagined that they would pick someone so stupid.

It is painful!

She knows nothing!

AT ALL!!!!

harSon

Banned
There is absolutely no way Biden can come off as anything but a bully in next weeks VP debate, she's flat out retarded and does not deserve such a commanding title as Vice President.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
McCain's campaign suspension is somewhat Barlett like. He temporarily stepped down from the presidency at the peril of the party and the world to rescue his bimbo daughter. :D

Palin's tactic on the Rick Davis question was pure genius:

Couric: asks original question
Palin: parrots canned response
Couric: follows up questioning the response and asking for clarification
Palin: long pause, then repeats original canned response word-for-word

READY TO LEAD

I honestly don't think I can watch that Palin interview. I think with her, I have that issue where watching other people in awkward situations makes me physically uncomfortable :lol

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
harSon said:
There is absolutely no way Biden can come off as anything but a bully in next weeks VP debate, she's flat out retarded and does not deserve such a commanding title as Vice President.
Any independent with half a brain should see the utter retardness of Palin and MOVE THE FUCK AWAY from her. It's hard to believe, but I think that Biden is safe.

Couric is part of the liberal media anyway. I don't know why you guys are being so critical of her because of this. When she's on neutral ground, she does just fine. Look at her interview with Hannity as an example. She was great there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom