• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.
COURIC: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

PALIN: He's also known as the maverick though.

Well that fixes everything, then! :lol

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Imagine what Paulson and Bernanke must have said after being told that McCain is coming to get involved.

Paulson: Oh no!
Bernanke: FUCK!

Probably.

so I was in a meeting when all of this went down, and finally just caught up. Allow me to quote another user's tag and say:

HOLY FUCKING CRAP :lol

I also love how Obama apparently causes people he campaigns against to meltdown. Then he just waterbottle.gif's and napkintuck.gif's the entire time.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
After a few weeks of chickenshittery I have to side with outerworldvoice: Palin is McCain's worst mistake.

She will try to sit down and look pretty for the debate, but she is going to come out so fucking stupid that no one will dare to acuse Biden of being sexist.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Funky Papa said:
After a few weeks of chickenshittery I have to side with outerworldvoice: Palin is McCain's worst mistake.

She will try to sit down and look pretty in the debate, but she is going to come out so fucking stupid that no one will dare to acuse Biden of being sexist.
Palinites just want soundbytes. Substance is for liberals. Talking points and beehives is where the American voters look for answers.

Amen.

Ether_Snake said:
Imagine what Paulson and Bernanke must have said after being told that McCain is coming to get involved.

Paulson: Oh no!
Bernanke: FUCK!

Probably.

Everyone sane on Capital Hill is probably thinking that. By injecting a very mean, partisan campaign in on the negotiations full force, it makes passing anything that much harder. They both should have done what Obama did-said their piece to the party leaders, gotten behind the final bill, and kept their campaign going.

20070920_paulson_bernanke_18.jpg

"McCain says he's got this shit..."

Okay, so I guess I'm going to the event on Greensboro. My mom RSVP'd despite me telling her that it would be unnecessary because there will be so many people there.

Hope it's worth it.

I posted this on a gaming forum:

BREAKING: Microsoft to Suspend 360 Production and Cancel TGS08 Appearance

Redmond, Washington. In a surprising move, Microsoft has announced today that it will be suspending 360 production to focus on what it calls "the financial crisis" of the video game industry.

Spokesman Jeff Bell was quoting as saying "Due to the importance of the video game industry to the American people, Microsoft has made the decision to temporarily suspend its efforts in the console war to fully focus on the current crisis."

Another anonymous Microsoft source called for rivals Nintendo and Sony to suspend their campaigns. "We believe that we must put the industry first, and temporarily halt the partisan attacks and bickering and focus on truly improving the state of the industry."

The calls for suspension have come amidst a wave of new sales data suggesting that the Microsoft Xbox 360, the first console to be release this generation, is trending behind both the Nintendo Wii and Playstation 3 in every major region of the world. The timing of this announcement has lead some, such as Sony spokesman Barney Frank, to conclude that the move is an effort to make Microsoft seem like a more noble leader of the industry to counter the 360's floundering sales: "We at Sony believe that this is yet another attempt by the Microsoft campaign to politicize an important crisis. Just because Microsoft is losing sales, doesn't mean that there is a financial crisis. In fact, it seems most gamers are making up their minds after the last abysmal years of Microsoft domination and are switching over to Sony. Desperation never works in console wars such as this."

Frank later went on to describe the move by Microsoft as "the longest Hail Mary pass either in the history of football or the history of Mary's," only to later correct himself. "This is actually the biggest Hail Mary pass since the price drop, and we all saw how that one went!"

Despite criticisms of politicizing, Microsoft continued to call for suspension of the console war. Later in the day, the campaign went so far as to call for a cancellation of the Tokyo Game Show (TGS), to be held next week, in order to focus more on the financial crisis.

TGS is historically a weak forum for Microsoft, and Sony supporters have once again accused Microsoft of bowing out instead of staying and fighting.

"When you are down in sales, you have two options. You either fight, or you hide behind cheap political stunts and run from debates. It's clear what option the McCain campaign has chosen," Frank said.

Hmmm . . . I've seen this political genius before . . .

COURIC: Would you support a moratorium on foreclosures to help average Americans keep their homes?

PALIN: That's something that John McCain and I have both been discussing whether that is part of the solution or not...you know, it's going to be a multi-faceted that has to be found here.

COURIC: So you haven't decided whether you'll support it or not?

PALIN: I have not.

COURIC: What are the pros and cons of it do you think?

PALIN: Well, some decisions that have been made poorly should not be rewarded of course.

COURIC: By consumers, you're saying?

PALIN: Consumers and those who were predator lenders also. That's, you know, that has to be considered also. But again, it's got to be a comprehensive long term solution found for this problem that America is facing today. As I say, we are getting into crisis mode here.

President "Bobby": Mr. Gardner, do you agree with Ben, or do you think that we can stimulate growth through temporary incentives?
[Long pause]
Chance the Gardener: As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden.
President "Bobby": In the garden.
Chance the Gardener: Yes. In the garden, growth has it seasons. First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again.
President "Bobby": Spring and summer.
Chance the Gardener: Yes.
President "Bobby": Then fall and winter.
Chance the Gardener: Yes.
Benjamin Rand: I think what our insightful young friend is saying is that we welcome the inevitable seasons of nature, but we're upset by the seasons of our economy.
Chance the Gardener: Yes! There will be growth in the spring!
Benjamin Rand: Hmm!
Chance the Gardener: Hmm!
President "Bobby": Hm. Well, Mr. Gardner, I must admit that is one of the most refreshing and optimistic statements I've heard in a very, very long time.
[Benjamin Rand applauds]
President "Bobby": I admire your good, solid sense. That's precisely what we lack on Capitol Hill.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Someone said yesterday the McCain campaign would go 'stupid' in the face of the Wash. Post./ABC poll, I guess he was right.

Zeliard

Fragamemnon said:
Everyone sane on Capital Hill is probably thinking that. By injecting a very mean, partisan campaign in on the negotiations full force, it makes passing anything that much harder. They both should have done what Obama did-said their piece to the party leaders, gotten behind the final bill, and kept their campaign going.

As great as this is for Obama, and also humorous, it's actually also pretty sad. Obama does the right and noble thing and reaches out to McCain to try and find a BI-PARTISAN solution to the economic problem, and what the fuck does McCain do? He politicizes it and attempts to profit personally by trying to take advantage of Obama's good will and intentions. And McCain tries to say that Obama is the ambitious one who puts himself ahead of his country. It's really embarrassing.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
_leech_ said:
This is the new In What Respect Charly.

Here's your potential President of the United States, Republicans. Take a damn good look at her and now tell me that you are going to vote for McCain. Just do it.

Edit: Seen twice. This woman has some sort of brain damage and shouldn't come anywhere close to power tools or any apparatus remotely dangerous.

Tamanon said:
Ready on day one.
I don't know what interviews you guys are watching, but with each interview, it shows me that the people prepping her are doing ace work.

Ready on day one? Well, she's not quite there yet, but at this pace, 40 days is plenty to have her up to snuff to pass the commander-in-chief threshold.

PhoenixDark said:
Doesn't even hold a candle to Nixon 72
I'm talking about just how pathetically run the whole thing's been run up to this point. Watergate's hard to compete with for pure lameness, but this campaign isn't over yet, either.

harSon

Banned
Jesus Christ, Republican are some of the most disgraceful chicken shits to grace politics. Suspend your campaign? Give me a fucking break Mccain.

Trakdown said:
Okay, serious question to Alaskan Gaffers: What the fuck were you thinking electing her?

Do you have any idea how corrupt governmentb is in that petro-kleptocracy of a state? Anyone with a iota of reformer credentials could win there.

Trakdown

Dax01 said:
There are Alaskan Gaffers?

That's kind of what I'm trying to figure out. That, and how in the fuck somebody that vapid has a job greater than night manager at a 7/11?

Fragamemnon said:
Do you have any idea how corrupt people are in that petro-kleptocracy of a state? Anyone with a iota of reformer credentials could win there.

I keep forgetting this is where Ted "Series-of-tubes" Stevens is from. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom