• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barack Obama endorsed by Robert Kennedy's widow Ethel Kennedy

kennedy-obama.jpg

she told The Sunday Telegraph: "He's such an inspiring man and he'll be a great president for our country.

"He's just what we need, a breath of fresh air."

Mrs Kennedy was accompanied in Scranton by two of her surviving nine children - son Max, 42, and daughter Rory, 39, with whom she was pregnant when Robert was shot dead - and Max's wife and his daughters, aged 13 and nine.

"It's remarkable. I have never seen Mom so energised by an election. She really means this," said Max (Kennedy), an attorney and writer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/19/wkennedy119.xml

GhaleonEB

Odrion said:
I don't think George is going to grill him at all.
How much of a maverick are you?

Do you think Obama's reluctance to wear a lapel pin means he's not patriotic?

Are younger candidates over-rated?

Deus Ex Machina said:
Barack Obama endorsed by Robert Kennedy's widow Ethel Kennedy

kennedy-obama.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/19/wkennedy119.xml
KENNEDY CARAVAN OF OBAMA BACKERS

20080418_093910_2_story.jpg

Starting at 5:30 a.m., they piled into their Escalades and sedans: Mrs. Kennedy; her daughter, Rory; her son, Max, with his wife, Vicky, and daughters, Summer and Noah; Lackawanna County Commissioners Mike Washo and Corey O’Brien; Pat Casey, brother of Sen. Bob Casey Jr.; and actor Joe Pantoliano.

They visited about seven diners and Dunkin’ Donuts shops in Moosic, Scranton and Dunmore before they arrived at the South Side Senior Center.

“My mother has put the future of this country ahead of her friendship with the Clintons,” Max Kennedy told a group of seniors at the West Side Senior Center, shortly after making a similar speech on the South Side.

He explained that loyalty has always been important to their family, but the good of the United States was more important.

One woman in a wheelchair explained to Mrs. Kennedy that she once drove through a red light to see her husband, Bobby.

“Well, I went through a red light to see Sen. Obama,” replied Mrs. Kennedy, as she began to walk to the next, but certainly not the last, stop for the day.

http://www.thetimes-tribune.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19496306&BRD=2185&PAG=461&dept_id=415898&rfi=6\'

A beautiful woman and true patriot

Does anyone know what the deal with Taylor Marsh is? Not her background, I've heard about that, but her unrelenting support for Clinton and blind hatred of Obama? I've read back through older posts and it seems to go back way beyond the victory in Iowa. She let up on it for a short period in January and then had a meltdown and went into full attack mode and hasn't stopped ever since. Does she really support McCain over Obama?

My job is to answer emails from customers all day.

Just now in the Inbox, I received the following from a customer. At least these bigots can spell and use punctuation!

FW: A MESSAGE FROM BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA

My fellow Identity-Whatever-Americans.

As your future President I want to thank my supporters, for their... well,
support.

Your mindless support of me, despite my complete lack of any legislative
achievement, my pastor's relations with Louis Farrakhan and Libyan dictator
Moamar Quadafi, or my blatantly leftist voting record while I present myself
as some sort of bi-partisan agent of change.

I also like how my supporters claim my youthful drug use and criminal
behavior somehow qualifies me for the Presidency after 8 years of claiming
Bush's youthful drinking disqualifies him. Your hypocrisy is a beacon of
hope shining over a sea of political posing.

I would also like to thank the Kennedy's for coming out in support of me.
There's a lot of glamour behind the Kennedy name, even though JFK started
the Vietnam War, his brother Robert illegally wiretapped Martin Luther King,
Jr. and Teddy drowned a teenage girl. And I'm not going anywhere near the
cousins, both literally and figuratively.

And I'd like to thank Oprah Winfrey for her support. Her love of
meaningless empty platitudes will be the force that propels me to the White
House.

Americans should vote for me ........... not because of my lack of
experience or achievement, .......not because I voted against English as the
national language, .........not because I voted to give your precious Social
Security Benefits to millions of illegal aliens, ........not because I voted
not to protect the Flag ( so many of you were foolish enough, unlike me, to
volunteer to serve and protect ) from desecration, .............not because
I have the most leftist voting record in the Senate, ...........but because
I make people feel good.

Voting for me causes some white folk to feel relieved of their imagined,
racist guilt. And the media is in my pocket. Anyone who dares criticize me
will be hit big time with the badge of "racist". Of course you will all
ignore the fact that if I had been born with the same skin color as George
Bush, no one this side of the Andromeda Galaxy would even notice me.

Major unions have endorsed me although my aiding and abetting 15 million
illegals has depressed wages across the country. I want to be
commander-in-chief of military organizations that I, like many other
leftists, feel should be used only when we want play chess with them on the
global stage in no-win conflicts. Keep the Neanderthals in the tool shed,
don't let them in the living room.

I say things that sound meaningful, but don't really mean anything because
Americans are tired of things having meaning. If things have meaning, then
that means you have to think about them.

Americans are tired of thinking.

It's time to shut down the brain, and open up the heart.

So when you go to vote, remember don't think, just do.

It's my fellow leftist, Hillary, or me. Ain't demobracy, er, democracy,
grand?

Thank You.

PAID ( ? ) POLITICAL ANNOUNCEMENT BY SEN. BARACK OBAMA (D- ILL)

Exclamation-One said:
My job is to answer emails from customers all day.

Just now in the Inbox, I received the following from a customer. At least these bigots can spell and use punctuation!

can you send them shoulderbrush.gif?

Last stop on Obama's Whistle Stop. Harrisburg Pennsylvania

Today's "On Track for Change" Whistle Stop tour ended in Harrisburg at steps of the State Capitol on a beautiful spring evening to hear Barack speak about "declaring independence from the say-anything, do-anything politics that’s all about how to win and not why we should."

2964403860102966230S600x600Q85.jpg

2549503720102966230S600x600Q85.jpg

2911332660102966230S600x600Q85.jpg

2178314240102966230S600x600Q85.jpg

Cheebs said:
He used to NEVER wear a tie until after he won Iowa. Is that look back?

Perhaps it's a sign of complacency and arrogance, and will be met with resounding defeat as it did in NH, thus resulting in him putting the tie back on. Until November second

PhoenixDark said:
Perhaps it's a sign of complacency and arrogance, and will be met with resounding defeat as it did in NH, thus resulting in him putting the tie back on. Until November second
So men running for president that doesn't have a tie on = arrogance? Some shitty logic right there.

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
Cheebs said:
For Obama. He used to not wear a tie with his suits (look at all of his campaign events in 2007 and the cover of audacity of hope).
Some advisor probably told him his tie made him seem elitist.

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
PhoenixDark said:
1qnadx.jpg

The pic just keeps on giving.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
siamesedreamer said:
We're occupying South Korea and Japan?

Our presence in Iraq is worst than our presence in South Korea and Japan regardless of troop numbers lost.

mckmas8808

FlightOfHeaven said:
PD was kidding.

Right?

Of course he was. PD isn't really that bad guys. Wake up please.

I wonder how many people show Obama talk through out the day? 30,000+?

Exclamation-One's fake Barack forward said:
I also like how my supporters claim my youthful drug use and criminal behavior somehow qualifies me for the Presidency after 8 years of claiming Bush's youthful drinking disqualifies him.
Well, I guess 40 is the new 20.

mckmas8808

... and Hillary is a PC. The NYT had an article about this back before Super Tuesday. It was a bit whimsical, but there is something to it.

For PC, one might also substitute 'Windows' or 'Microsoft', and instead of Mac we could use 'OS X' or 'Apple' without breaking the analogy.

Hillary is the established product, "no one got fired for choosing Microsoft". But like Microsoft, Hillary is no longer the hungry upstart, she is the wealthy behemoth whose number one asset is its brand name. And the times they are a-changin'
. Like Microsoft, Hillary is stuck in the nineties.

Obama on the other hand is like Apple, not afraid to - dare I say it - Think Different. Like Apple, Obama appeals to the latte-sipping, Prius-driving liberal elitists - in other words, the well educated, professional, successful crowd. Obama is doing the unthinkable, taking on the Goliath by putting together a better strategy and a better product. People who try Obama don't want to go back to Hillary anymore because Obama is just so much more modern, slicker, powerful, sexier and better. Obama is the wave of the future.

The PC is the reliable, hard working computer with solutions for everything and 35 years of experience... yet people go for the Mac because it offers a better way to get things done. Windows is the system that knows better than its users (Vista UAC, anyone?) while Mac simply offers superior design and clean break from old baggage from the last century.

Here's hoping that the Windows establishment won't be able to cling to power and will be overtaken by the sleek felines (Leopard, Tiger et al.). Out with the old, in with the new!

Enough torturing metaphors. If you're a Mac-loving elitist, please recommend this post. But if you're not, you can recommend it too - big tent and all.

http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com/talk/2008/04/obama-is-a-mac.php

Good article.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Amir0x said:
That clearly says "Post rally"

The crowd spontaneously started marching down Philadelphia streets chanting this and other Obama slogans throughout the night, it was quite a spectacle.

Jesus damn.

Here's to hoping that Philly represents on Tuesday.

Clevinger

mckmas8808 said:
Not if Obama can manage to lose by 5 points or less.

I don't think it matters how much he loses. Clinton and the media will spin it as the underdog winning and revitalizing her campaign and she'll gain a bunch of temporary momentum.

GhaleonEB

Clevinger said:
I don't think it matters how much he loses. Clinton and the media will spin it as the underdog winning and revitalizing her campaign and she'll gain a bunch of temporary momentum.
As has been said, there really hasn't been any real momentum in this race. Hillary's press bump will last a few days, then it's on to the countdown to Indiana (toss-up) and North Carolina (Obama blowout).

Clevinger

GhaleonEB said:
As has been said, there really hasn't been any real momentum in this race. Hillary's press bump will last a few days, then it's on to the countdown to Indiana (toss-up) and North Carolina (Obama blowout).

Right. The gallup poll will inverse until she loses again (IN or NC) and then we'll continue on with this charade until she taps out.

mckmas8808

Clevinger said:

I hear what you are saying, but honestly if Obama loses by say 4 points many people will start to question Hillary on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom