• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

Yeah, just saw that on Dan Abrams - then he asked Tubbs Jones a question and I had to change the channel because she makes me sick to my stomach.

capt517a47fef4784461b64753670bc7838.jpg

This guy is going down.

mj1108

Amir0x said:
BREAKING: Chuck Todd God confirms Obama meeting with Hillary tonight at her home in D.C.

I can see Obama on stage with Hillary during the concession speech.

I wonder if he'll fist bump Hill-dog.

Dax01 said:
Make sure she actually concedes?:lol :lol

:lol

TDG

Banned
mj1108 said:
I can see Obama on stage with Hillary during the concession speech.

I wonder if he'll fist bump Hill-dog.
He'd better be onstage with her. It's the best way to present a united party.

Also, Hillary is not worthy of the fist-bump.

Rindain

Banned
ElectricBlue187 said:
probably the cigarettes, skin cancer and spending years in a torture camp
I'm pretty sure the picture was taken post-POW. I guess he could have had a delayed physical reaction to it though.

Diablos said:
Hopefully this isn't a VP convo :D
I'm guessing it's more of a "I'm not making you VP Hillary, you're damaged goods. Stop your scorched earth bullshit unless you want 8 more years of Republican NeoCon bullshit."

-Kees-

hokahey said:
Whoa. I wonder what this is all about.

Do I need to bust out my quote guaranteeing she'd be his VP?

You don't put together a team to find a VP and a day later go to them directly to ask them.

It'll be about what happens Saturday.

the disgruntled gamer said:
He'd better be onstage with her. It's the best way to present a united party.

Also, Hillary is not worthy of the fist-bump.

Yea, we can't kill the mystique of the fist pump just yet and I can almost imagine Hilary hamming it up to the point where it guarantees McCain wins in November. :lol

The Republican commercials would run from now until November about how horribly executed that fist pump was and this is a clear as day sign that Obama is weak when it comes to terrorism and doesn't have what it takes to handle the responsibilities of being President.

What's more, a failed fist pump signals party dis-unity.

Wait.. Obama was supposed to be on his plane and didn't show up on it? He's meeting with Hilary Clinton? Maya Angelou shilling for Obama/Clinton ticket. Amazing poem :)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Deus Ex Machina said:
Reported by Andrea Mitchell saying that Obama wanted to do things with both Clinton's on MSNBC right now

:O

WTF is going on?!?!?!

Bill is probably there, and they are going to work on Obama like a brain surgeon.

He doesn't stand a chance... Their arguments will be to much to reject.

In other words, they will give him a offer he can not refuse!

thekad

Banned
Surely they can find better Republican talking heads than the one spewing BS on Abrams' show right now.

hokahey

-Kees- said:
You don't put together a team to find a VP and a day later go to them directly to ask them.

Why so last minute? He was on his way out of Washington and then stopped to go meet with her. They don't have cell-phones? This has to be significant.

-Kees-

hokahey said:
Why so last minute? He was on his way out of Washington and then stopped to go meet with her. They don't have cell-phones? This has to be significant.

"Oh by the way, I want you as VP."

If he wanted her as VP he wouldn't just meet with her/them as a "last minute" thing. He was all class to Hillary in his victory speech on Tuesday. He's probably congratulating her/them on the primary fight, etc.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
-Kees- said:

I agree. Calm down, guys. It's probably a discussion about how the mechanics of Saturday will work. Personally, I've always thought that Obama should appear with her to drive the point home to Clinton supporters that it's okay, mama bear likes him now.

AmishNazi

Banned
THEWITCHISDEAD.jpg

THEWITCHISDEAD.jpg

THEWITCHISDEAD.jpg

THEWITCHISDEAD.jpg

THEWITCHISDEAD.jpg

THEWITCHISDEAD.jpg

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mother fucking hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Touchdown

Banned
I'm impressed, Obama got some shit done today,-laid down the law on the DNC with lobbyists, told the media that HE and only HE will decide on who HIS vp candidate will be, and then goes to meet Hillary one on one to help smooth things over. I have a feeling this is going to be the best run general election campaign of any candidate in the history of the United States. The republicans are scared, and if they're not, they have already come to the reality that Obama is going to crush them come this fall.

Agent Icebeezy said:
Saturday coordination. How anyone can see it other than is not using their head.

Hence thinking Hillary would make a Grin-Worthy vice presidential candidate, unless one finds campaign crippling financial scandal Grin-Worthy.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Hence thinking Hillary would make a Grin-Worthy vice presidential candidate, unless one finds campaign crippling financial scandal Grin-Worthy.
Throwing a bone to about 18 million Hillary supporters, party unity and sewing up support with women = grin worthy.

Diablos

CowboyAstronaut said:
I hope Obama has security with him.

Someone post the jpeg where hilary has a gun in her hand :lol
Bill, Hillary AND Barack all have secret service protection. If the three of them are there, it's quite the packed house for such a small meeting.

Imm0rt4l

Rindain said:
I'm pretty sure the picture was taken post-POW. I guess he could have had a delayed physical reaction to it though.
i think you're right, i believe his hair turned white agter his imprisonment.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I wish I had tivo'd this clip so I could put it on youtube and show you guys. The local Chicago Fox station was doing a promo and this guy is like, "Tune in so you can see what Barack Obama has to say to my hard-hitting questions." It then shows a clip of the guy going, "So what do you think about Oprah?" :lol Obama had this total "WTF?!" face that would have been instant gif material

I thought it might have been a joke at first but they followed it up with a story about northwest burbs here getting drilled by tornados for the next two days, and while I hvae a fairly cutting-edge sense of humor, I don't think having your home ruined by a tornado is good material.

Diablos

Also, I think it's totally awesome that Obama stood firm on his VP stance, and also fundamentally changed the inner workings of how the DNC takes money. Showing off those leadership skills right off the bat.

mrmyth

Mercury Fred said:
Throwing a bone to about 18 million Hillary supporters, party unity and sewing up support with women = grin worthy.

You can toss that 18 mil shit right out the window. Huge chunks of it are Cali/NY votes that would not get cast for her again in the general after her campaign. Another chunk is Repub 'prolong-the-process' votes. The rest will come back to the Dems or never left it and will vote for whoever the Dem nominee is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom