• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

The media basically fapping over this story is just a LITTLE annoying. Just a LITTLE. OMG THEY'RE HAVING A MEETING IT MUST SURELY MEAN VP NO IT DOESN'T YES IT DOES NO IT DOESN'T blah blah blaaahhhhh

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
mrmyth said:
You can toss that 18 mil shit right out the window. Huge chunks of it are Cali/NY votes that would not get cast for her again in the general after her campaign. Another chunk is Repub 'prolong-the-process' votes. The rest will come back to the Dems or never left it and will vote for whoever the Dem nominee is.

This is not a smart post.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
~Devil Trigger~ said:
So guys

who will be McCain's VP of choice?

I hope it will be the Louisiana Governor Bobby Jinal.

Although he is too promising to be put on the McCain ticket to loserville (I know he will lose, that is reality folks).

mckmas8808

Hcoregamer00 said:
I hope it will be the Louisiana Governor Bobby Jinal.

Although he is too promising to be put on the McCain ticket to loserville (I know he will lose, that is reality folks).

Independants will not like Bobby Jinal at all once they find out what he is about.

Hcoregamer00

The Lamonster said:
For some reason I already hate Jindal and I've only seen him speak once.

He is a charismatic, well-spoken young man that has a very bright future in politics.

Can it be that you disagree with him politically? If you do, just say it instead of implying it in a roundabout way.

mckmas8808 said:
Independants will not like Bobby Jinal at all once they find out what he is about.

True, I forgot that McCain is looking for someone that will appeal to democrats.

Jindal is too good to waste in a McCain vice-presidency.

HocusPocus said:
Bobby Jindal = All forms of awesome. I predict a landslide McCain win if he picks Jindal.

lol, whatever he is too young anyway and has like no experience. plus, if people are scared that obama is a secret muslim, what will they think of jindal who was ACTUALLY A MUSLIM at one point, is indian, etc.

edit: sorry, jindal was hindu my mistake. but still... if mormonism, which is still related to christianity, is a big problem for romney how will jindal's former hinduism be looked upon?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
:lol :D :lol

I'm watching last night daily show. The montage of year old news footage proclaiming Hillary the winner.

some random newsman in 2006:

"She will crush Barack Obama, Obama, just sit this one out, because it will get ugly. You heard it here first folks"

Hcoregamer00

Star Power said:
lol, whatever he is too young anyway and has like no experience. plus, if people are scared that obama is a secret muslim, what will they think of jindal who was ACTUALLY A MUSLIM at one point, is indian, etc.

Well, if America can elect a black president, which they will, why can't they elect an Indian president (somewhere down the line?)

Clevinger said:
You forget that he has an "R" next to his name.

That means nothing if you think that all people that are "R's" have a bias towards a certain group.

Clevinger

Star Power said:

You forget that he has an "R" next to his name.

DrForester said:
:lol :D :lol

I'm watching last night daily show. The montage of year old news footage proclaiming Hillary the winner.

some random newsman in 2006:

"She will crush Barack Obama, Obama, just sit this one out, because it will get ugly. You heard it here first folks"

That was Joe Scarborough!!:lol :lol

~Devil Trigger~ said:
So guys

who will be McCain's VP of choice?

Romney would be perfect except that alot of Republicans distrust him becuase he tried to run left of Ted kennedy at one time up in Mass. The guy has flipped flopped around more than John Kerry on an egg turner.

I say he has to go with a total unknown from left field who is:

1. Charismatic
2. Young (40's)
3. Appeals to evangelicals to finally excite his base and money raising
4. Relatively wart free
5. Gives a good speech

People can warm up to the choice as the get to know him via the convention & after.

I don't care if he has to dig into a state cabinet or grab a state assemblyman. The names mentioned in the media are all heavily flawed.

As for Obama, I always felt he would have chosen Ted Kennedy up until his recent health problems knocked him out of it. Prior to the recent incident, his health seemed no worse then Cheney's.

Hcoregamer00 said:
Well, if America can elect a black president, which they will, why can't they elect an Indian president (somewhere down the line?)

Because Indians are a very small minority group here? I'm not saying that Jindal can't be president at one point, I'm just saying that I don't think he'd be a particularly wise choice for McCain.

sangreal

Hcoregamer00 said:
He is a charismatic, well-spoken young man that has a very bright future in politics.
Absolutely, no doubt about it. I'd peg him as a future Presidential nominee, if not President.

Can it be that you disagree with him politically? If you do, just say it instead of implying it in a roundabout way.

Way too conservative for me. Intelligent design in science class is the line for me, personally.

True, I forgot that McCain is looking for someone that will appeal to democrats.

Jindal is too good to waste in a McCain vice-presidency.
McCain is supposed to appeal to democrats, being "The Maverick" and all. He needs someone like Jindal to appeal to conservatives. Unfortunately, he also needs the racist vote against Obama so it won't happen. Jindal lost conservative districts in LA (at least during his first Governor run)

Clevinger

Hcoregamer00 said:
That means nothing if you think that all people that are "R's" have a bias towards a certain group.

Meaning, people like Hannity or Limbaugh or Coulter aren't going to criticize the guy with an "R" next to his name the same way they do a "D", even if he shares many of the same "faults".

These people help mold the views of ignorant people who care about the retarded talking points of their party.

Kaeru

Banned
Star Power said:

edit: sorry, jindal was hindu my mistake. but still... if mormonism, which is still related to christianity, is a big problem for romney how will jindal's former hinduism be looked upon?

He's still a douche, at least his views are!

Hcoregamer00

sangreal said:
McCain is supposed to appeal to democrats, being "The Maverick" and all. He needs someone like Jindal to appeal to conservatives. Unfortunately, he also needs the racist vote against Obama so it won't happen. Jindal lost conservative districts in LA

The racist vote? As a minority myself I have experienced racism firsthand, but I find it hard to believe in modern America that they would constitute an entire voting block of people. Granted, maybe because I live in California and am surrounded by a cosmopolitan form of life that gives me great exposure to a multitude of ethnicities, social classes, religious groups, and political views, but I still believe that with Obama even running for President and succeeding that there are a large portion of America that ISN'T racist.

McCain will definitely try to appeal to Democrats, but when all is said and done, Obama will win.

Clevinger said:
Meaning, people like Hannity or Limbaugh or Coulter aren't going to criticize the guy with an "R" next to his name the same way they do a "D", even if he shares many of the same "faults".

These people help mold the views of ignorant people who care about the retarded talking points of their party.

Well, here ends my conversation.

When people try to dismiss the opposite viewpoint as molding the "views of ignorant people who care about retarded talking points" there really is no need to waste my time arguing since you are already set in your political viewpoints.

The moment I hear such words, I know that any words I type will be lost in the river.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
To: Fellow McCain Supporters
Date: June 5th, 2008

Today, I asked Senator McCain if I could create and chair a new grassroots organization, "Citizens for McCain."

Citizens for McCain is an organization within the McCain campaign for people who put country before political party and support the candidate for President who has a proven record of bipartisanship.

As you know, I caucus with the Democrats as a United States Senator and was the Democrat Party's nominee for Vice-President of the United States against President Bush and Vice President Cheney.

But first and foremost, I am an American. I have an obligation to do what I think is best for our nation regardless of political party. My love for this country and strong belief in John McCain's character, judgment, and willingness to work with leaders of both parties has convinced me to support him for President.

I have worked with John McCain for many years in the U.S. Senate and know from experience that he can unite Democrats, Republicans and Independents like no one else in this country. He did it in the United States Senate and he can do it as President of the United States.

But we need help from McCain supporters such as you to reach out to Americans who are not currently involved in the campaign. Will you help us by recruiting your friends, family, and co-workers who may not consider themselves members of the Republican Party and ask them to join the Citizens for McCain organization?

I am confident we will find many Democrats and Independents who, like John McCain and me, put country before political party and will support a leader with a real record of bipartisanship.

Time and time again John McCain has put his country first. He refused early release when he was held captive in Vietnam. He continued to put his country first as a national leader in the U.S. Senate. He put country before party when he fought to pass campaign finance reform, sought a bi-partisan solution to the immigration problem, and consistently supported pro-environment policies. His courage to stand up to the failed Iraq war plan of Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and lead the fight for a new strategy in Iraq will go down in history, and it saved American lives. These were not always the easy things to do. In fact, they were usually very difficult, and often threatened his political career. But John McCain did what was right.

He said it best in his speech in New Orleans on Tuesday night:

"(The American people) know I have a long record of bipartisan problem solving. They've seen me put our country before any President -- before any party -- before any special interest -- before my own interest. They might think me an imperfect servant of our country, which I surely am. But I am her servant first, last and always."

The phones at the campaign headquarters have been ringing with disaffected Democrats calling to say they believe Senator McCain has the experience, judgment, and bipartisanship necessary to lead our country in these difficult times. Many of these supporters are former supporters of Senator Clinton.

Senator McCain has had a very good working relationship with Senator Clinton and will continue to do so in the future. In the same New Orleans speech he said:

"Senator Clinton has earned great respect for her tenacity and courage. The media often overlooked how compassionately she spoke to the concerns and dreams of millions of Americans, and she deserves a lot more appreciation than she sometimes received. As the father of three daughters, I owe her a debt for inspiring millions of women to believe there is no opportunity in this great country beyond their reach. I am proud to call her my friend."

I am proud to call John McCain my friend and ask you to help our friend become the next President of the United States.

Please forward this email to your lists today and ask your friends, family, and coworkers who do not consider themselves Republicans to join me in filling out the Citizens for McCain form today.

Thank you for your willingness to help me expand this new organization. Together, we will make history.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/6/5/175630/9222/359/530517

Uncooked

Banned
sangreal said:
McCain is supposed to appeal to democrats, being "The Maverick" and all. He needs someone like Jindal to appeal to conservatives. Unfortunately, he also needs the racist vote against Obama so it won't happen. Jindal lost conservative districts in LA (at least during his first Governor run)

Ah yes, the much coveted racist vote, it that the new nascar dad/soccer mom demographic?

mckmas8808

Star Power said:

So why isn't he a hindu anymore?

Uncooked said:
Ah yes, the much coveted racist vote, it that the new nascar dad/soccer mom demographic?
reminds me of this prank call this radio station did that was on GAF years back about a new black driver Its NASCAR not BLACKCAR

Hcoregamer00

mckmas8808 said:
So why isn't he a hindu anymore?

He converted to Catholicism.

I don't know of his story, nor do I care for it because you vote for politicians based on political beliefs, not on religious beliefs.

Edit: After all, I am a fairly religious Roman Catholic, and some reverend backed McCain that was very strongly anti-catholic. Thankfully they both went separate ways.

Zonar

Fireblend said:
Hollywood's gonna have a hard time finding an actor good enough to play president while this guy's on charge. :D

Zonar said:
Will Smith could play Obama ...as he fights terrorist in his first term in office.
barack-obama.jpg

ws.jpg

what do you think?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285329

mckmas8808

Hcoregamer00 said:

I don't know of his story, nor do I care for it because you vote for politicians based on political beliefs, not on religious beliefs.

Edit: After all, I am a fairly religious Roman Catholic, and some reverend backed McCain that was very strongly anti-catholic. Thankfully they both went separate ways.

Rev. Wright says differently to the media.

Hcoregamer00 said:
Well, here ends my conversation.

When people try to dismiss the opposite viewpoint as molding the "views of ignorant people who care about retarded talking points" there really is no need to waste my time arguing since you are already set in your political viewpoints.

The moment I hear such words, I know that any words I type will be lost in the river.

Um.. overreacting much?

Well, you may but lots of people don't...

sangreal

Hcoregamer00 said:
The racist vote? As a minority myself I have experienced racism firsthand, but I find it hard to believe in modern America that they would constitute an entire voting block of people. Granted, maybe because I live in California and am surrounded by a cosmopolitan form of life that gives me great exposure to a multitude of ethnicities, social classes, religious groups, and political views, but I still believe that with Obama even running for President and succeeding that there are a large portion of America that ISN'T racist.

Uncooked said:

Have you guys been following the Democratic primary? Serious question.

I think think there were some pretty clear racial trends, including blacks supporting Obama. Maybe I should take my own advice and not give too much credit to exit polls.

Amir0x

Banned
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Romney would be perfect except that alot of Republicans distrust him becuase he tried to run left of Ted kennedy at one time up in Mass. The guy has flipped flopped around more than John Kerry on an egg turner.

I say he has to go with a total unknown from left field who is:

1. Charismatic
2. Young (40's)
3. Appeals to evangelicals to finally excite his base and money raising
4. Relatively wart free
5. Gives a good speech

People can warm up to the choice as the get to know him via the convention & after.

I don't care if he has to dig into a state cabinet or grab a state assemblyman. The names mentioned in the media are all heavily flawed.

As for Obama, I always felt he would have chosen Ted Kennedy up until his recent health problems knocked him out of it. Prior to the recent incident, his health seemed no worse then Cheney's.

I absolutely disagree with your opinion on what McCain needs to be pick. If a hypothetical VP candidate at those qualities, that would be the worst possible thing for McCain since it would make him look worse. The last thing any presidential candidate needs is someone constantly upstaging them by better oratory, charisma and appeal to the base.

Hcoregamer00

sangreal said:
Have you guys been following the Democratic primary? Serious question.

I think think there were some pretty clear racial trends, including blacks supporting Obama. Maybe I should take my own advice and not give too much credit to exit polls.

Of course I have, I was rooting for Hillary Clinton. Granted, I was doing it out of spite because one of my best friends would hang out with the group with his Obama shirt, talking about the virtues of Obama as we were playing Smash Bros. Brawl.

Even with the divisive Democratic race, I what I saw was not racism, but merely tribalism.

Star Power said:
Um.. overreacting much?

Well, you may but lots of people don't...

Maybe it is an overreaction, but people I personally know say the same thing, and the moment I hear such words I just shut my mouth and stop talking politics because the discussion will get more and more bitter and angry.

As for religion, yes, I know that unfortunately people do for based on religion. That is unfortunate because religion and politics should never go with each other.

Amir0x said:
I absolutely disagree with your opinion on what McCain needs to be pick. If a hypothetical VP candidate at those qualities, that would be the worst possible thing for McCain since it would make him look worse. The last thing any presidential candidate needs is someone constantly upstaging them by better oratory, charisma and appeal to the base.

If he picks another old rich white guy who can't talk, he will lose. Simple as that. He can't even get people like myself all fired up about him right now. He can play for the middle all he wants, but the middle wont go for a guy who cant even get his own kind to vote for him.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Lieberman is a disgrace to our system of democracy. Like Zell Miller, he should be ostracized by everyone. he reminds me of the snitch from Midnight Express. Someone despised by every faction.

Amir0x

Banned
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
If he picks another old rich white guy who can't talk, he will lose. Simple as that. He can't even get people like myself all fired up about him right now. He can play for the middle all he wants, but the middle wont go for a guy who cant even get his own kind to vote for him.

He'll lose an infinity times worse if he picks a VP that makes every one in the country realize how deficient a candidate he is.

In 9/10 elections, people don't vote for the VP. If they see a VP that's vastly superior in most ways, what's going to happen is epic, catastrophic failure. "Jesus, why isn't he our nominee?"

Hcoregamer00

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:

Personally I don't care, the Republican party lost touch with what made it so great in the first place. I say let us lose so that they could do some soul searching.

Stinkles said:
Lieberman is a disgrace to our system of democracy. Like Zell Miller, he should be ostracized by everyone. he reminds me of the snitch from Midnight Express. Someone despised by every faction.

Wait, what?

Someone who doesn't follow the party line is a disgrace to our system of democracy???

:lol

If anything, our government would be much better if politicians actually did the right thing, as opposed to following the party line.

mckmas8808

Hcoregamer00 said:
Of course I have, I was rooting for Hillary Clinton. Granted, I was doing it out of spite because one of my best friends would hang out with the group with his Obama shirt, talking about the virtues of Obama as we were playing Smash Bros. Brawl.

Even with the divisive Democratic race, I what I saw was not racism, but merely tribalism.

Maybe it is an overreaction, but people I personally know say the same thing, and the moment I hear such words I just shut my mouth and stop talking politics because the discussion will get more and more bitter and angry.

As for religion, yes, I know that unfortunately people do for based on religion. That is unfortunate because religion and politics should never go with each other.

Tribalism? What do you mean?

sangreal

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
He is going to lose regardless of who he picks. I'm still giving Condi a 60% chance of being chosen.

Hcoregamer00 said:

The problem with people like Jindal is that they want to impose their religious beliefs on society at large. Intelligent design in the science classroom, his vile views on abortion and so on.

Saying that voters shouldn't consider the religious beliefs of a candidate is naive.

Jindal would be a disaster as a VP candidate anyway, he's way too conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom