• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PREMATURE EJACULA-TON: PS3 delayed until November 2006 in Japan?

qcf x2

PhatSaqs said:
premature.gif

That was so appropriate, hahahaha. :lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Monorojo said:
This is great news people.

PS2 is far from dead, if Sony rushed out the PS3 like MS did with X360 they would simply be wasting all of the potential PS2 still has. We get more time to enjoy the greatest console ever made, which still has an unbelievable lineup of upcoming games (unlike GCN or Xbox)

Also, for Sony, it means that they will make it just in time for the Holiday season! Huge sales right off the back.

I mean, i can't really understand how any gamers can take this as bad news. Everyone wins.
you got to be fucking kidding me :lol

Borys

Banned
9_23.jpg

I open my eyes
I try to see but I'm blinded by the white light.
I can't remember how
I can't remember why
I'm lying here tonight
And I can't stand the pain
And I can't make it go away
No I can't stand the pain

*CHORUS*
How could this happen to me
I've made my mistakes
Got nowhere to run
The night goes on as I'm fading away
I'm sick of this life
I just want to scream

Everybody's screaming
I try to make a sound but no one hears me
I'm slipping off the edge
I'm hanging by a thread
I want to start this over again
So I try to hold
On to a time when
Nothing mattered
And I can't explain
What happened and I can't erase the things that I've done
No I can't

*CHORUS*
I've made my mistakes
Got nowhere to run
The night goes on as I'm fading away
I'm sick of this life
I just want to scream

BuddyC

Speevy said:
First (24 S5 Ep. 13 spoiler)
Tony Almeida
, now this.
Let's try and keep unmarked S5 spoilers outside of 24 threads to a minimum, the UK and DVD crew won't get that ep for a bit.

oh well might aswell be delayed doesnt matter as X360 will still NOT be a threat!

sony is and will be the king of gaming and thank god for that!

More games will be ready at launch and that the best thing with this delay!
Dont want a crappy launch list like the 360 had

Westonian

I don't buy the Blu-Ray copy protection excuse. HDCP is set in stone as TVs have been shipping with it for the past year. Unless they're talking about the game tied the specific machine lunacy that was being talked about before, simulataneously killing the rental, used game, and borrowing from a friend markets.

MassiveAttack said:
Here's a gigantic newsflash:

The Nihon Keizai Shimbun has been wrong before. Most recently late last year when the newspaper reported that Sony and Toshiba had reached a deal to combine the BD and HD-DVD technologies into a single format.
Well at least there is a little glimmer of hope for me to see a shitstorm tonight.

(Article This Afternoon): PS3 is delayed + (Press Conference Tomorrow): PS3 is on track = shitstorm!

Mmmkay

The go-to guy for HD-DVD/Blu-Ray news amillians over at avs today said this regarding AACS:
amillians said:
-- MPAA CTO Brad "I'm Not Related to Bill" Hunt thinks the final AACS agreement could take 6-12 months to complete...in stark contrast to the AACS LA "in a few months or so" report...there's still apparently blowback from some MPAA studios on 1MC, with some studios claiming they went along with it only because they thought it had to do with some rapper going solo
Now, I'm still not sure why Sony would wait until AACS is final when there's a perfectly good interim+firmware upgrade path for them. Either the newpaper has taken this news (since it ties in with a 6 month delay) and come to the wrong conclusion, or there are much bigger problems with AACS than we thought.

if you dont think the 360 will be a threat you are dillusional...im not saying it will win the race, but for the people who were holding out for ps3, the temptation is that much stronger to pick up a 360 now rather than wait another 6 months. not to mention developers will ahve a whole year under their belt for the 360

Wait - I'm confused...

This doesn't mean the PS3 is going to miss holiday 2006, does it?

I always expected the PS3 to come out in November 2006, so this news isn't distressing to me. And I'm not a Sonybot lol.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Wait - I'm confused...

I always expected the PS3 to come out in November 2006, so this news isn't distressing to me. And I'm not a Sonybot lol.

Yeah, no one will answer my question either. Which is basically the same thing.

7Th

2007 NA Launch:

you BROKE my MARKETSHARE

do me a favore [sic] ….
call MonoRojo.
tell him to go down and search for me besides with the M2.
im soo sorry<3

Teddman

PhoenixDark said:
Wait - I'm confused...

This means PS3 is going to come out in JAPAN in November 2006.

Fun fact: No Sony console/portable has ever come out in the rest of the world less than two months after it comes out in Japan.

PhoenixDark said:
Wait - I'm confused...

this means that Japan won't get it until November and unless Sony plans on doing a world wide launch of the ps3, the US won't get it this year.

Bebpo

Banned
truffleshuffle83 said:
not to mention developers will ahve a whole year under their belt for the 360

They'll have a whole year under their belt with the PS3 if it's not a HW issue.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
SantaCruZer said:
Did anyone really believe sony when they said spring 2006? I am sure it was said just to downplay the X360 hype.
Sure, I did - I gave it it even odds that they'd make Spring (vs. later) and I think they've been sincere about wanting to hit that window. The claims that they said it just to downplay X360 hype are pretty hollow since:

- Sony readily announced a delay for the PSP (originally scheduled for worldwide release end of 2004) in two regions 8-10 months before those releases were planned. They didn't wait until the last minute to announce those delays in order to downplay DS hype.
- Pretending that you're going to launch in Spring 2006 if you're really intending to launch 6 months or more after that isn't an effective way to combat hype. There's too much of a gap between the perception and the reality, making it likely that consumers would seek alternatives, if so inclined. It would really do very little to depress the sales of your competitor, if people are interested in their product.

PhoenixDark said:
Wait - I'm confused...

Yeah seriously. Did Sony say the delay is for a particular region or is it an orverall delay? And did Sony offically say it was being bumped to 2007? Reasoning apparently has gone out the window and speculation has gone wild.

robertsan21 said:
oh well might aswell be delayed doesnt matter as X360 will still NOT be a threat!

sony is and will be the king of gaming and thank god for that!

More games will be ready at launch and that the best thing with this delay!
Dont want a crappy launch list like the 360 had

This reads like you typed it through a veil of tears.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
If this is true and if it also means no PS3 in 2006 for the US... Sony just gave Microsoft a two-Christmas head start.

GREAT JOB DUDES

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
truffleshuffle83 said:
the people who were holding out for ps3, the temptation is that much stronger to pick up a 360 now rather than wait another 6 months.

I think it depends where it'll be out in Nov. Nov wouldn't be too far out of line versus most expectations for the US. If they miss the holiday in the US, then it obviously makes things easier for MS this year. If Nov includes the US, then I think it's business as usual TBH.

truffleshuffle83 said:
not to mention developers will ahve a whole year under their belt for the 360

Some have a year or more with PS3 under their belt now :p And (for better or worse), will probably have a lot more time with it before launch also.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
7Th said:
2007 NA Launch:

you BROKE my MARKETSHARE

do me a favore [sic] ….
call MonoRojo.
tell him to go down and search for me besides with the M2.
im soo sorry<3

How can this thread be so great in under 2 pages?

:lol :lol

methodman

Banned
Wow. If the ps3 doesn't come out this year, and it's confirmed by the end of the month (March 31st is my birthday), ima cop a damn Xbox 360 Premium, GRAW, Oblivion, and xbox live. I was holding myself back from getting one, because I was sure I could get a Ps3 this year; guess rev+360 ftw (till i can ante up for a ps3 next year :) ).

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Kinda disappointed by all this, but I will survive. It's just a console - and the 360 should keep me plenty busy.

Go out and buy a 360 people!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I haven't been keeping up w/ PS3 news, but I wasn't expecting it until the tail end of the year at the very soonest. Why are people shocked by this?

Top Bottom