• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September 2010 NPD "Results" [Up3: Dead Rising 2, Metroid, Kingdom Hearts Numbers]

Nirolak said:
Halo: Reach (Microsoft, Xbox 360) - 3.3 Million
Tashi0106 said:
Damn HaloGAF, can we get a gif of Kat dancing or what?! :lol
35moys2.jpg

dolemite

The Top 10 sellers (in order, publisher and platform in parentheses):

Halo: Reach (Microsoft, Xbox 360) - 3.3 Million
Madden NFL 11 (Electronic Arts, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, PSP)
Dead Rising 2 (Capcom, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
NHL 11 (EA, Xbox 360, PS3)
FIFA Soccer 11 (EA, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Nintendo DS)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (Square Enix, PSP)
Mafia II (Take 2 Interactive, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (Activision Blizzard, PS3, 360, NDS, Wii)
Metroid: Other M (Nintendo, Wii)
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision Blizzard, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)

So which games of notice didn't make the list this September?

Haunted

Chet Rippo said:
They even combined different SKUs... Why?
So we can't possibly extract any useful sales data from them.

AniHawk said:
I don't see it. The only way that would work is if one of the PS2 versions for the sports games made it to the top 10. That would only be possible with Madden, but Madden 11 PS2 didn't chart in last month's top 10.

So I think Kingdom Hearts hit the top ten, but only slot 9 or 10.
Maybe!

Or maybe not, I can't fucking tell.

duckroll said:
Think about it this way. The five titles above BbS are all combined sales. Given the titles involved, I would say there's a very good chance that most of the individual releases on each platform for those games also outsold BbS. Which is to say, the only reason why BbS charted is because we're getting a list of combined SKUs now with no numbers.

I highly doubt that. The 360 and PS3 versions of Madden and Dead Rising, yes, but I doubt any version of FIFA outsold KH on its own, and NHL is questionable (probably only the 360 version if that).

Ridley327

dolemite said:
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock is the biggest game that ended up being a no-show.

Words I thought I'd never say or type: a Metroid game and a PSP game outsold all versions of a new Guitar Hero game.

KJ_Wii

Neo Member
The Omega Man said:
This feels like the Family Guy episode when Peter Griffin couldn't watch tv anymore so he inveted his own tv programs in his mind

I find that comparison to be eerily accurate.

Pooya

dolemite said:
I'm not sure, but looks like they included PC in this chart, where are FFXIV and Civ 5 then? but I guess it's sill separate.

Firewire said:
How does it compare to other Halo titles in the first month? I always thought Halo titles sold through the roof at launch in N.A.?

The same as Halo 3, more than Halo 1 or 2. Though technically it took an extra week to get to the same sales as Halo 3.

Top Bottom