• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So apparently Teamxbox members hate GAF

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
"Apparently there is one guy there who <3's 360 and he gets shít from the others but they can't get rid of him since he hasn't slipped up."

:lol :lol

Jonnyram

Holy shit, they should try GameFAQs!
The lack of sense of humour (sic) in this place is what makes it so much fun.
I agree that sites shouldn't be banned though, apart from ***** that is... ***** can **** right off. Oh, and vgcharts, but that's not even banned :(

Kelsonk

I've never been to those forums, but I have noticed that over the past year GAF is slowly being turned into something from 1984. When people are banned for using slang like "gay" or "rape time", something is seriously wrong. There was a time when the internet was only place someone could freely speak, but that doesn't seem to be true on this forum. I'll stay for the gifs and photoshops, though.

Firestorm

Well, if that guy wants us to post old sales data and is willing to foot the legal bill, I guess we could work something out, right?

Lobster

Banned
stone cold said:
Re: Why are there forums like NeoGAF?
Quote:
Originally Posted by U_NeeKz View Post
oh man I would love to be a moderator over there it sounds like its not set on rules but more like personal opinion.

God's voice*

Funny not found, PERMA BAN!!!! *click
The place is run by a whole bunch of Sony fanboys. That is ok for a Sony website, but for a site that claims to be multi format? Not so good. Apparently there is one guy there who <3's 360 and he gets shít from the others but they can't get rid of him since he hasn't slipped up.

What a bitch. Everybody knows N-fans rule every forum.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showpost.php?p=8967052&postcount=6

santouras

Kelsonk said:
When people are banned for using slang like "gay" or "rape time", something is seriously wrong.
I was one of those people and seriously I had no idea that such a trivial thing would be punishable by a ban

Neogaf
Currently Active Users: 1198 (523 members and 675 guests)

TeamXBOX
Currently Active Users: 807 (145 members and 662 guests)

BUT BUT I THOUGHT GAF WAS SO STRICT AND RESTRICTED ACCOUNTS :lol

Sorry but Neogaf is the forum that gets quoted by every known editor out there not Team XBOX :lol

Kelsonk said:
I've never been to those forums, but I have noticed that over the past year GAF is slowly being turned into something from 1984. When people are banned for using slang like "gay" or "rape time", something is seriously wrong. There was a time when the internet was only place someone could freely speak, but that doesn't seem to be true on this forum. I'll stay for the gifs and photoshops, though.

Have you considered writing your Congressman?

NomarTyme

Kelsonk said:

Yeah you can speak freely on the internet, but you signed your "freedom of speech" to GAF.

If you knew how many people "in the buisness" were posting on TXB your head would spin.

It's also a laugh getting watching them get into conversations about their own games then have some tit accuse them of not knowing what they were talking about.

That's always awesome.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

AVclub said:
Now you've done it, Defuser! Mentioning TeamXbox is cause for banning...didn't you know?

:p
Not important --so who wants to discuss our fancy jobs that afforded everyone a PSP/PS3 combo and how great both consoles are?

santouras said:
I was one of those people and seriously I had no idea that such a trivial thing would be punishable by a ban

I know it's meant to be trivial but if you're in a group affected by terms like that, or have a personal connection through a friend or family member, it's really not funny at all.

320Lights_qjgenth.png
320Lights_qjgenth.png
320Lights_qjgenth.png

untitled--1.gif

320Lights_qjgenth.png
320Lights_qjgenth.png
320Lights_qjgenth.png

seinfeld-779714.jpg

Kelsonk

Segata Sanshiro said:
I know it's meant to be trivial but if you're in a group affected by terms like that, or have a personal connection through a friend or family member, it's really not funny at all.

I read a lot of not funny jokes everyday on this forum, but I don't think people should be banned for them.

Firestorm

Kelsonk said:

Actually, if I were a mod I'd probably ban for stuff like "that's gay" or "that's so jewish" etc. If you're using those terms, you're probably not level-headed to remain on the forum anyway.

Also, I want to see how this thread turns out. Some funny stuff there like how they have more members and stuff... No ****? Open registration vs Closed registration. No bans vs 1 billion bans served and counting (I assume accounts are pruned?).

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I think the gamefaq forums are way better then both NeoGAF and TXB. People there are so much nicer and there is no flaming at all

:lol :lol

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Kelsonk said:

Signal to noise.

That's what makes GAF fantastic.

santouras

Segata Sanshiro said:

ok I'll further define that, I wasn't referencing "rape time" which isn't funny, or trivial, it was "gay" that copped me. I know thats not really funny at all which was the slant of the post that got me banned ;)

Nameless

Apparently those guys don't' visit The OT. Also while they bash on GAF, I bet pretty much everyone gets a good portion of their news from this forum, especially breaking news.

Top Bottom