• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So apparently Teamxbox members hate GAF

P90

Hitokage said:
Eh, GAF's moderation suffers from laziness and inconsistency. The problem is that while getting more mods helps compensate for laziness, it worsens inconsistency. Things can be made more consistent and predictable, but it takes work.

I don't exclude myself from this assessment. Hell, even when I'm posting here I don't like putting forth much effort. That being said, every now and then at least one or two GAF mods get motivated and use the opportunity to improve things.

It isn't the easiest job in the world modding a forum filled with disparate members at each others' throats over distinctions without a difference for the most part.

All and all I think the mods here do pretty darn good.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
iapetus said:
We've been over this before. Australia wasn't banned for a single crime against the ToS, more for a series of infringements that built up to a permaban. Mel Gibson, for example, despite what some people may say, doesn't merit a permaban for the whole continent, but when you see it as a regular chain of behaviour stretching back through Kylie Minogue and Germaine Greer then you can see why eventually enough was enough. Australia has had enough second chances, and the ban will not be rescinded.
bu..bu...but AC/DC!

Pureauthor said:
Be heavy handed if you must, but at least spell out (and ensure it's easily accessible) what is and is not allowed.

If you want to make it a law that dissing wrestling is not allowed, do so. Just make sure that GAFfers know about it so we don't get bansticked. Like that horrible screwup of a thread that announced VF5 going to X360. People who didn't know any better went in, made jokes about the PS3 losing more exclusives, and fell by the dozens.

I disagree totally.

This would be true if this were one of those "instant membership" boards, but it's not. It takes many weeks to get to where you can post on this board. In that time, you should be lurking. Even after you get your "Junior" status, you should be lurking more than posting.

In that time, if you don't realize some of the unwritten laws around here, you suck anyway. I think the somewhat nebulous nature of things encourages new users to listen more and talk less, which is always good.

Besides, getting banned is hardly the end of the world.

Flo_Evans said:
So apparently GAF cares too much about what teamxbox thinks...

Really, TXB has locked the silly bitch threads, Crackerman got himself banned here, nerd fight is over. Someone needs to lock and archive this thing before I start posting more pictures of cats.

onegoodlogan said:
Really, TXB has locked the silly bitch threads, Crackerman got himself banned here, nerd fight is over. Someone needs to lock and archive this thing before I start posting more pictures of cats.

4dfeu0m.jpg

Empty threats mean nothing on GAF.

ELS-01X

Banned
fartblast said:
GAf is pretty stupid. 10 page threads about one games anti-aliasing vs anothers anisotopic filtering, idolizing and projecting heroic traits onto their religio... coughcough console's respective PR rep (peter moore, kutaragi, etc), hyping games for years and then playing them for 10 minutes only to discuss them in a thread for another decade, duke nukem in devlopment forever lolol, 360 is better than ps3 (it really is though), 360 is a brick lol ps3 has no good games, metal gear solid is the best game ever and should be takin seriously, derrr the game uses ogg instead of mp3, help i cant afford a system because im too lazy to get a job but my mom will buy me god of war 2 cuz i got a good progess report, hey guys check out this game thats coming out in 2 years peter moore said itll be amazing so it must be true, such a shitter
fartblast said:
waaaa my computer sucks, do you think it will run this game with unknown requirements, ahaha, this game has bad art such an amazing troll, shit this game didnt sell well better stop playing it, whats the deal with no online multi when its designed as a singleplayer, waaa waaaa this game didnt score a 9.9 going to send greg k death threats, ahah fun games on xbl guys :D its sure hilarious sayin the shit on the forums we said on Live last night, also turnbased RPGS are the stupidest games ever and i stand by that
fartblast said:
DAVID JAFFE YOUR THE MAN!!! played ur god of war game, was pretty average. then i saw U on mtv and holy cow. ur hilarious dude, stickin it to the PR guy, u praised GAF, and then i went back to play it and it was the most amazing experience becasue i just pictured what u would be yellin at the enemies as you run around as kratos. I ****ED UR MOMS LOOSE TWAT!!!! EAT SHIT ARIES U BITCH, YOUR SO BIG BECAUSE OF YOUR MOMS LOOSE HOLE, THATS WHY YOURE SUCH A GIANT< sending u a myspace request :D

:lol so true :lol

would be kind of cool if GAF had a thread where the mod posted each banned person and the post that got them banned...that way we could see why a person got banned and then have a huge thread about why mod a bans more people than mod b or c. lol...and of course the posts would show what console fanboys get banned the most and if there is any favorites when it comes to tolerance.

Top Bottom