• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So apparently Teamxbox members hate GAF

tombur

Crackerman16 said:
I can bash Xbots/Microsoft/X360 all day long and not get banned here...
1 mention of Wiitards/Nintendo/Wii negativity and I get a month ban...
I see tons of Sony bashing daily and only the worst of the worst trolls gets a ban...

GAF's mod bias:

1. Nintendo
2. Sony
3. Microsoft

Crackerman16
Banned
(Today, 07:50 AM)

Uh oh...

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
I think they are all upset that this board is more pro-Wii than what they prefer. They wouldn't care how dysfunctional this place is if it were pro-360. It is pretty see through.
i dont think txb'ers give a shit about the wii's surging popularity in the mainstream. they just hate sony

iapetus said:
We've been over this before. Australia wasn't banned for a single crime against the ToS, more for a series of infringements that built up to a permaban. Mel Gibson, for example, despite what some people may say, doesn't merit a permaban for the whole continent, but when you see it as a regular chain of behaviour stretching back through Kylie Minogue and Germaine Greer then you can see why eventually enough was enough. Australia has had enough second chances, and the ban will not be rescinded.

I am in total agreement. But I live in fear of Russell Crowe

Thaedolus

Hitokage said:
Eh, GAF's moderation suffers from laziness and inconsistency. The problem is that while getting more mods helps compensate for laziness, it worsens inconsistency. Things can be made more consistent and predictable, but it takes work.

I don't exclude myself from this assessment. Hell, even when I'm posting here I don't like putting forth much effort. That being said, every now and then at least one or two GAF mods get motivated and use the opportunity to improve things.

Don't remind me of The Great Vennt Rampage '06. Many bothans died for his cause.

X26

Banned
Not sure where TXB was going with that, as even GameFAQs serves as a better place to discuss gaming let alone GAF

Pureauthor said:
You should just make a permanent sticky for the evergrowing list of bannable offences. It's difficult for others to keep up.

For example, I didn't even know the 'legendary thread!' deal was banworthy until someone got cut down right in front of my eyes.
Pretty much anything that's just a catchphrase and adds nothing is a no-no.

I couldn't say what exactly entails a ban, but really as long as a person is actually saying something, not flinging shit, and not getting into something that might be a legal problem, things seem to be okay.

Pirahna

I'll add my 2 worthless cents to the whole moderation speak that is going on.

I've been a mod on a few non-video game forums.

Banning a user is never a good thing in that:

1. The user gets pissed, causing drama.
2. Banning a newb will more than likely cause them to not come back.

Heck I was banned on this site once - and I have to say I was a little peeved at the reason for the ban, I won't get into it here, but it would've helped if I new before hand that I had broken 'the rules'.

At the very least, have a sticky of bannable offenses, and include that list on the confirmation email new users receive when signing up. It'll give new users a set of rules they know they need to follow, and I would think it would help the mods be more consistent as well.

And this may exist already, but how about a list of who the mods are?

Dr_Cogent

Banned
iapetus said:
We've been over this before. Australia wasn't banned for a single crime against the ToS, more for a series of infringements that built up to a permaban. Mel Gibson, for example, despite what some people may say, doesn't merit a permaban for the whole continent, but when you see it as a regular chain of behaviour stretching back through Kylie Minogue and Germaine Greer then you can see why eventually enough was enough. Australia has had enough second chances, and the ban will not be rescinded.

I never claimed it was banned for a single crime. I was just asking to see if my memory was correct.

I couldn't care less anyhow.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I don't think team xbox members have the right to call anyone fanboys.

Core407 said:
You know those 13 year olds who scream racist shit into the mic on Xbox Live? Yeah, TXB is like that.
oh please... if gaf wasnt being closely moderated, youd have posters throwing around racist, misogynistic and homophobic epithets like if it were a halo2 match. just look at oa...

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Ken K in the Fresh!!! said:
oh please... if gaf wasnt being closely moderated, youd have posters throwing around racist, misogynistic and homophobic epithets like if it were a halo2 match. just look at oa...

You can say the about any forum really. Personally, I think it is the mods who make GAF what it is, if GAF wasn't being closely moderated, it wouldn't be GAF anymore.

mushy said:
i think i agree with them though. this place is run by nazi's. and not the cool kind with awesome weaponry

couldnt you have just given him a tag like 'nazi with a pea shooter' or some such

peace

Parch

I had to take long vacations from TXB because the immaturity level is just too much to handle. I was getting headaches from rolling my eyes so much. Now the occassional visit just reminds me why I left. I can't believe it has actually gotten worse.

Seriously, the level of hate and fanboyism on that board actually made me embarrassed to own a Xbox and 360.

i remember back when the xbox launched and teamxbox was a fledgeling fansite with guys handing out fliers and stickers on the street at that Xbox Unleashed event in NYC... TXB was cool back then, and i still have some of those stickers in a box.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
I don't have a problem with moderation here mostly. Got banned once which was reasonable and well deserve the tag I guess. Hope that one won't be permanent though.

MC Safety

Let me say this about TeamXbox.

Its forum posters thought Xbox Nation (may it rest in peace) was an anti-Xbox magazine run by staffers who hated the Xbox.

Last Hope

I hope this place never ends up like TXB. I have been reading and posting at those forums since since Aug 2000. The forum used to be good and have some decent posters in the early days but that all changed about 4 years ago. Now the forums are filled with people with IQs of 60, 10 year olds, total noobies who need to use google and lets not forget fanboys. Furthermore, there are only a handful of good knowledgeable posters but they only post once in a blue moon and then there are the other handful of people like me who always fight with fanboys because there is nothing else to do. And then they have quality mods that come and go but all the nazi idiots like some they have right now who ban you for something so small as correcting them. Of course these "high quality" mod idiots never seem to get demoted either and then they bring their idiot friends to mod status.

Their news and reviews are good even though Caesar who posts almost all of the new is one of the biggest fanboys ever. Worst part is that he is middle aged and not a teenager when most people grow out of being fanboys.

But I do have to say, one thing that makes TXB better than this forum is that their software for vBulletin works. I have been here since last summer and the last post button does not work. Who f**ked it up and when will it be fixed?

fartblast

Banned
ugh, just let this thread die already. its amazing how concerned you guys are and th hilarity that comes out of forum preferences never ceases to amaz me. please, play you games, stop posting so much, and enjoy the wild ride of life.

Ryck

fartblast said:
ugh, just let this thread die already. its amazing how concerned you guys are and th hilarity that comes out of forum preferences never ceases to amaz me. please, play you games, stop posting so much, and enjoy the wild ride of life.
:lol The irony...

Anyway I used to post there back in the day but it was overrun with Idiots and fanboys ( like most boards actually ) I still have an account there Im gonna see if it works.

Firestorm

fartblast said:

You make the GAF Grammar Nazis mad.

Also, did I miss something? :

Mostly I found NeoGAF's gaming section to be God hating*Atheist, extreme left wing*, immoral loving beings who are mostly virgins, who can't get a girl for their life no matter what advice is given to them, hate VGcats, love some Physics/Computer Science Comic, Full of Nintendo loving, Matt C. loving fanboys, somewhat like Muslims*but still hate their guts*....

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Musashi Wins! said:
You know what's worse than inconsistent modding?

The legion of non-mods who rush into threads insinuating bans and warnings like 13 year old crossing guards. **** those little toadies, ban them first.
OMG! BAN HIM!!!

Speevy

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
TXB is a place where DOPEYFISH IS A MOD....

DOPEYFISH....

MOD....

Dopeyfish wasn't a moderator, at least not in the two years I was a moderator.

Dopey wrote for the site.

Check your facts.

goldenpp72

the mods here are at least typically consistant, though I will say my banning for 'trolling' halo 3 was hilarious, everyone knows how anti xbox and halo I am :lol

Link

The Autumn Wind
goldenpp72 said:
the mods here are at least typically consistant
Nah, I would agree it is pretty inconsistent here, and banning is based on opinion more often than not.

Of course, we have to remember these are just normal people like the rest of us, not robots.

GhaleonEB

I posted at Team Xbox for a little while, pre-Halo 2 launch. I registered there because HBO shut down their forum due to the leak of the Halo 2 French version online and too many people were deliberately spoiling stuff there, and I wanted a place to talk about Halo 2.

I left right after release, when they put up a "Halo 2 bitch thread" sticky, which was used to consolidate ALL criticism of the game. Any other thread or post that said anything negative about it was destroyed by the mods. I made one post that was mostly positive, then mentioned a criticism, and was basically told to "take that shit to the sticky thread". Because apparantly constructive criticism was to be consolidated and purged from all other discussion.

I didn't post there from then until recently, when I deliberate got banned during the brief war over that Halo 3 teaser site the mods at Team Xbox setup and GAF uncovered. Took one for the team, so to speak. :lol

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Link said:
Nah, I would agree it is pretty inconsistent here, and banning is based on opinion more often than not.

Of course, we have to remember these are just normal people like the rest of us, not robots.

You don't have to be a robot to have a little more consistency. The on the whim banning just serves for power waving. I understand people are human, but being a mod you need to have a more neutral leaning stance so you don't get caught up banning some while ignoring others.

I thought for a minute there could be like a vote to ban, but I could only imagine the monthly wars. "In this thread we all vote to ban _______ for March" :lol

pj

Banned
Speevy said:
Dopeyfish wasn't a moderator, at least not in the two years I was a moderator.

Dopey wrote for the site.

Check your facts.

He was an admin on the forums until like 6 months ago.

CHECK UR FACTS JUNIOR!!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The admins here should consider flipping the switch and put it on members only for a week or so...see how the lurkers feel about this forum when they can't access it like in the past

goldenpp72

Well I meant my own personal bans were consistant aside from that one, in which im well aware sourcing incorrect sources for the sake of 'trolling' isnt allowed, or I should say, I had it in my head this *could* get me banned and it happened.

Didnt expect the halo 3 one though, I was being honest and fair and am hardly one to bash 360 or halo, obviously the mod knew it was a dumb ban considering how short it was, but it was still stupid.

neptunes

Wario64 said:
The admins here should consider flipping the switch and put it on members only for a week or so...see how the lurkers feel about this forum when they can't access it like in the past
who's going to fund that week of members only bandwith?

Top Bottom