• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6: Cammy, Zangief, Lily & Announcement Trailer | State of Play

ACESHIGH

Banned
Cmon Capcom, theres more to Latin America than Brazil and Mexico. Release an Argentine Gaucho as a character.

Not a fan of SF6 designs but Gief and Cammy looked amazing. Someone should mod an N.W.O shirt for him as an alternate costume on PC.

SSfox

So who do you guys think will main?

Gotta try all of them to decide of course, but so far leaning to Manon mostly. And if Dudley will be in he'll likely be my other main too. The poison girl looks also interesting but gotta see gameplay to decide.

MagnesD3

So who do you guys think will main?

Gotta try all of them to decide of course, but so far leaning to Manon mostly. And if Dudley will be in he'll likely be my other main too. The poison girl looks also interesting but gotta see gameplay to decide.
Right now the highest contenders for me are JP, Marisa and DJ.

if Hugo, Dudley, Q/G, Urien or Sodom drop I will play them as well.

Last edited:

Knightime_X

Cammy knows what she's doing

FprsaFhXwAIHZSk
The girl on the left looks like she has just seen the most perfect ass ever.

Fredrik

This game is going to make me play fighting games again. And I’ll realize that I absolutely suck at it, again. But I’ll mash and look at the visuals and will still kinda enjoy it as usual.

Please Capcom! Make a side scrolling Final Fight type of beat’em up with this engine and these visuals and all these characters! 🔥

Neff

This game just looks better and better. It's legitimately shocking how much effort and cash Capcom are putting into it.

Just_one

cammy just sold the game for me!! Day 1 and im not even a Cammy guy but without Karin she´s gonna be my main for sure!

Do we know of DLC yet? Still hope for Karin at some point!

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I remember the day Street Fighter was about warriors with some fancy technique developed after years of training.

Now it's DragonBall.

Which Street Fighter was that?
Hadokens existed in the SF.
And Blanka has been a Street Fighter character since SFII.

P.S I take it you mean DragonBall has become Street Fighter and not the other way round?

Fake

Which Street Fighter was that?
Hadokens existed in the SF.
And Blanka has been a Street Fighter character since SFII.

P.S I take it you mean DragonBall has become Street Fighter and not the other way round?

To be honest, they're not making a big deal about hadokens anymore.
Maybe he is talking about how colorful is getting? The replace of the focus attack from SF4 got a strange colors paint drops.

Brigandier

I really don't like any of the new characters so far they look like cartoon characters... Also I appreciate it's a video game and it isn't real and is supposed to be fun but what on earth is Lily going to do to Zangief Ryu E Honda and Sagat in a fight lol bounce off them and hurt herself?

anthony2690

cammy just sold the game for me!! Day 1 and im not even a Cammy guy but without Karin she´s gonna be my main for sure!

Do we know of DLC yet? Still hope for Karin at some point!
Yes dlc leaked ages ago, along with the entire roster.

Aki, Akuma, Rashid, Ed.

SF6-Leak_06-03-22_Top-768x432.jpg

Black_Stride

To be honest, they're not making a big deal about hadokens anymore.
Maybe he is talking about how colorful is getting? The replace of the focus attack from SF4 got a strange colors paint drops.
Anyone who wants SF to be dreary and more Virtua Fighter-esc is simply not a fan of Street Fighter and should just mind their business and keep begging for a new new Virtua Fighter like the rest of us.

Fake

Anyone who wants SF to be dreary and more Virtua Fighter-esc is simply not a fan of Street Fighter and should just mind their business and keep begging for a new new Virtua Fighter like the rest of us.

IDK if those trailers are doing gameplay any favors, but sure for the fan service as you can see from Cammy.
I still mix about this game. Hate SF3 and they are bringing some mechanics from there, not to mention put questianable characters as the star of the show, creating 'new char' just by replacing old one and stealing their kits.
Just my two cents. I still play SF4. Being playing SF since the arcade machines. Don't looks like they are target folks like me for this game. Everything look so much social media related.

Black_Stride

IDK if those trailers are doing gameplay any favors, but sure for the fan service as you can see from Cammy.
I still mix about this game. Hate SF3 and they are bringing some mechanics from there, not to mention put questianable characters as the star of the show, creating 'new char' just by replacing old one and stealing their kits.
Just my two cents. I still play SF4. Being playing SF since the arcade machines. Don't looks like they are target folks like me for this game. Everything look so much social media related.
Fuck Luke and I hope the community rallies against him.

The gameplay has been on point from everything ive seen, didnt get into the Beta so cant attest to whether it actually plays well.
But im looking forward to the game, we will see how EVO goes for Street Fighter, hopefully we see some good plays.

Still locked in for Tekken 8, Street i might wait for the inevitable Championship Edition.

slade

Goddamn, those animations on Gief's special moves. Even Cammy's stretching animation is top tier.

Will buy and play for two hours like most fighting games.

aclar00

Looks too much like 5 to me in terms of fighting...man i miss the SF4 formula...may have to wait and see on this like i did with 5.

Something about it just makes the moves look to heavy and not smooth. Have like 1000hrs in SF4 across PS3, PS4 and PS5, but like 10 in SF5

jaysius

Eh, they lost me at 4, for SF series I'm a masher, most of the new systems don't really interest me and they're barely interesting. MK series I do get into though.

Maybe it's time for fighting games to go away for a while again so we can get some more huge innovation into them again.

This looks like 5 with slightly nicer graphics.

Doom85

So no bison, vega, sagat, or balrog. I'm disappointed ☹️. I have no one to main atm.

IIRC Bison is dead post-3rd Strike which is when this takes place. Of course, they could easily have him added to the roster and just not have him part of the story mode (barring some flashback scenes), but it makes sense he’s not part of the initial lineup. If they do resort to resurrecting him yet again, they probably don’t want to spoil it.

Kagrenac

Neo Member
Damn capcom really got some talented people. After the RE Engine, they are on a roll big time. Fucking Konami could doing this with Fox Engine, but...

Reallink

Because they are both Black?

Cuz to my black ass these two characters look nothing alike.
lily_ss01.jpg

kimberly_ss01.jpg

Yep, in the same way a lot of asians and yt peepo look the same to you, these 2 characters look like alt costumes of the same girl to most non black people. Imagine they were a kpop and jpop girl, you couldn't tell them apart either. Very similar faces, same skin tone, same age, same sex, only hair and outfits are meaningfully different.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

This looks like 5 with slightly nicer graphics.

Are you telling me the sequel to a fighting game looks like a sequel to a fighting game?

What brought you this high level revelation?
Could it be because almost all sequels to fighting games look like sequels to their predecessors with better graphics......or is this some other level big brain shit?

nbkicker

Yep, in the same way a lot of asians and yt peepo look the same to you, these 2 characters look like alt costumes of the same girl to most non black people. Imagine they were a kpop and jpop girl, you couldn't tell them apart either. Very similar faces, same skin tone, same age, only hair and outfits are meaningfully different.
To my white ass these two characters look a lot different

ThaGuy

IIRC Bison is dead post-3rd Strike which is when this takes place. Of course, they could easily have him added to the roster and just not have him part of the story mode (barring some flashback scenes), but it makes sense he’s not part of the initial lineup. If they do resort to resurrecting him yet again, they probably don’t want to spoil it.
I understand. But it's like Tekken and Heihachi. People are already mad he might not be in the next one if he's actually dead. Same for mortal Kombat and reptile and Ermac.

Beanbox

The question is, who will be the boss in arcade mode or whatever.

After the Cammy trailer I'm a bit more sold on the game. The new art style is growing on me and I like the attention to detail in the animations.

Might have to day1 it. 18 character roster is not too bad but we all know they will milk us for $30 4 character season passes and outfits.

Top Bottom