• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6: Cammy, Zangief, Lily & Announcement Trailer | State of Play

A fighter without any hitstop sounds like some sloppy MMO nonsense. I get the idea of having the animations play out unrestricted, but that idea doesn't translate well into real life gameplay. There is a reason throwing a punch while shadowboxing looks very different than hitting the heavy bag or an actual person. Of course, it can be minimized or maximized depending on what the intended action is for, but not having it at all is essentially shadowboxing. It's cool and has it's purpose, but it's not the best representation of actual combat connection and flow.

I read stuff on ERA sometimes to see where some of the population is going.
Interestingly they are all impressed with Cammy's booty, so no qualms about sexualization there.
Now as for Lily, there are some bans going on about downplaying sexualization or something, it's really weird. It's a viper pit LOL, it's actually insane to read it.
To be honest, Lily is a little creepy with all the crotch shots, like why? She's borderline teenager, give me a grown ass woman instead with lumpy bits and show me her crotch all day. Japanese devs are weird.
All this is far outweighed by how sexy Gief is, those pants and jiggle physics, phew.
Oh wow. I went over to their thread out of curiosity after reading your post.

Daayyyuummmm.... people ranting and raving about Cammy wearing the Union Jack, someone getting triggered over her forehead resulting in their ban, and then, yeah, Lily's poncho, feathers, and... crotch shots... I mean, I think most normal people don't notice it since it's so quick. Her crotch is never even the focus. It seems like you have to be intentionally looking for that. I had to go back and rewatch the trailer to see what they were even talking about. Just like one poster stated, "Sexual people sexualize."
It honestly doesn't seem like a huge deal. Just like the use of her feathers, Cammy's Union Jack and forehead, or Zangeif's toned-down Russian nationalism...

It's mind-boggling how over-analytical people can be over a vidya gayme. And I here thought Gaffers needed Prozac.

Fredrik

...yeah that's not happening, completely pointless to make a mode that plays 3 times slower, it would require either making new in-between animations or programming in some ugly tweening; complete waste of time and resources.
The animations run full speed if you're not hitting anything, just go into training mode and do that if you want to "look at animations" smh.

it's not annoying, or overused just because you don't like it; it has a purpose and is widely accepted

Thanks, I didn’t know this! I thought they were trying to replicate some 80s hardware framedrop scenario from having too big sprites or something lol
I don’t think it looks good though, but now I understand why it’s there at least. 👍

SEGA_2012

Can't believe they put Lily instead of T.Hawk.
She is such a shitty character, with her talk about "oh, the wind is calling me, i can feel the wind" bla bla bla . Fuck her.
T.Hawk is way better and more interesting.
Daigo talking about T.Hawk :

nikos

^ This is why I think SFIV was the last of the best fighting games for me.

There's just too much shit going on now, between different systems, meters, move variations, input shortcuts etc. Fundamentals are pretty much gone at this point.

I'm really looking forward to SF6, and I'm going to give it a fair chance, but the magic of fighting games is kind of lost with the complexity of recent fighting games for me.

Last edited:
Completely disagree with the positive sentiment towards Cammy's new look. She looks absolutely awful, total failure to capture her.

The problem is the bizarre choice of low waisted leggings. I mean, even if you want to ditch the thong, which is fine, you should keep the general styling of her trademark long-leg look, which is what the high-cut legs on her uniform gave her. Without that, it's like seeing Chun-Li without thighs... it's no longer the character at all, just some generic & boring fitness girl.

High-cut / rouched / etc leggings are very popular attire these days anyway, so that ugly choice is just bizarre.

Top Bottom