• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6: Cammy, Zangief, Lily & Announcement Trailer | State of Play

NeoGiffer

Only one Cammy 🥰

tumblr_nnqluaPbrA1qdhps7o6_250.gif

ayoYbbr_460s.jpg

tumblr_mthyyxWJHt1qggfapo4_r1_250.jpg

👀
giphy.gif

makaveli60

I don’t think I’ll ever play it as I don’t enjoy SF but damn, this looks awesome. Only wish the Tekken team would put in as much work as Capcom does with SF between their games. After seeing this Tekken 8 is even more disappointing. Barely looks better than 7 and with the same animations from the PS1 era…

I don’t think I’ll ever play it as I don’t enjoy SF but damn, this looks awesome. Only wish the Tekken team would put in as much work as Capcom does with SF between their games. After seeing this Tekken 8 is even more disappointing. Barely looks better than 7 and with the same animations from the PS1 era…
Tekken seems like it would work better as a 2D fighter these days with the additions and direction they've decided upon.

Labolas

I stopped looking at Cammy's ass for a moment and threw together a video referencing some of Zangief's wrestling moves from the trailer.

I will say that Gief actually is improved here. He isn't a wrestler w/one or two wrestling moves now, which was my biggest complaint about him as THE wrestler of the cast. He didn't have anything made him act like a wrestler outside of his spinning piledriver and german suplexes. Hell, up to SFV, R. Mika was more of a professional wrestler than him in any of the games. She had a persona, she won world titles and was the top face of her company or federation, and she had moves that actual prowrestlers/joshi/luchadores would use.

But if any version of Gief I had to choose to play, it would be this one!

Last edited:
Why character in tekken are aging but street fighter never gets old
In all honesty, Street Fighter games are naturally timeless because they have taken care of themselves, and Tekken games are like caking on more make up and getting plastic surgery. It's never going to be the same. I say this as a huge lover of Tekken, sadly.

Fredrik

yblxjh9uy8ka1.jpg

You have my attention.
Western devs need to stop listening to the loud minority screaming about sexualization. This right there is 100% spot on the body everybody want in 2023 and why they go to the gym. It’s all about the legs, booty and hips now. Is it sexualization? Or is it simply adapting and designing a character aligned to the current body trends of the world?

At first I thought "another garbage addition", but she works as a replacement for T. Hawk:

I think it's a given now we'll also get Fei Long or a Fei Long clone/replacement later on (the last missing SSF2 new challenger representation).

Last edited:

Beanbox

I read stuff on ERA sometimes to see where some of the population is going.
Interestingly they are all impressed with Cammy's booty, so no qualms about sexualization there.
Now as for Lily, there are some bans going on about downplaying sexualization or something, it's really weird. It's a viper pit LOL, it's actually insane to read it.
To be honest, Lily is a little creepy with all the crotch shots, like why? She's borderline teenager, give me a grown ass woman instead with lumpy bits and show me her crotch all day. Japanese devs are weird.
All this is far outweighed by how sexy Gief is, those pants and jiggle physics, phew.

SSfox

The issue with western devs is that they can't find a right balance, either it's way over the top too sexy or either it's extreme puritain, i mean just look at Skarlet in MK it's very good example

From an exterme to another extreme

ce5c647606e178118b4c042abe1ca8ac58fcfc2ac183482a5a0b2189a28f84fb.jpg

Last edited:

Fredrik

I read stuff on ERA sometimes to see where some of the population is going.
Interestingly they are all impressed with Cammy's booty, so no qualms about sexualization there.
Now as for Lily, there are some bans going on about downplaying sexualization or something, it's really weird. It's a viper pit LOL, it's actually insane to read it.
To be honest, Lily is a little creepy with all the crotch shots, like why? She's borderline teenager, give me a grown ass woman instead with lumpy bits and show me her crotch all day. Japanese devs are weird.
All this is far outweighed by how sexy Gief is, those pants and jiggle physics, phew.
It’s just polygons anyway, same type of polygons you look at while blowing someone’s head into goo with a shotgun in a shooter. Just keep your pants on and keep on gaming! 👍

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Western devs need to stop listening to the loud minority screaming about sexualization. This right there is 100% spot on the body everybody want in 2023 and why they go to the gym. It’s all about the legs, booty and hips now. Is it sexualization? Or is it simply adapting and designing a character aligned to the current body trends of the world?
Western devs mindset is sexy design is "immature" and if you like those designs that means you are pervert.

But love how western devs put actual sex in their games but thats considered "brave"
maxresdefault.jpg

Screenshot-603.jpg

But Japanese game having sexy design with no nudity, that going too far.

SaintALia

At first I thought "another garbage addition", but she works as a replacement for T. Hawk:

I think it's a given now we'll also get Fei Long or a Fei Long clone/replacement later on (the last missing SSF2 new challenger representation).

T-Hawk?

I could have sworn she was a stand in for Eagle or maybe cribbing some off Rolento too.

I really like Zangief's animations here, flowing so very smoothly.

Never cared about Cammy before, can continue to not care.

Fredrik

Western devs mindset is sexy design is "immature" and if you like those designs that means you are pervert.

But love how western devs put actual sex in their games but thats considered "brave"
maxresdefault.jpg

Screenshot-603.jpg

But Japanese game having sexy design with no nudity, that going too far.
Yeah it’s weird. And I see women with that ”immature” look every single day but in gaming they’re not allowed to exist.
I thought representation was an important thing in gaming??… 🤔

nbkicker

The issue with western devs is that they can't find a right balance, either it's way over the top too sexy or either it's extreme puritain, i mean just look at Skarlet in MK it's very good example

And thats why i refused to buy mk 11

Does anyone like the current trailer format? Not the quality itself, but the actual way they present the character. Maybe it was how upfront the SFV trailers were, but they explained and showed most of a character's big questions and traits more straight forward. Like one of the big discussion points about Zangief was how will his Drive system looks in play. They didn't show anything besides Drive Impact if I'm not mistaken, with is odd because the Drive Gauge is the most important part of the game. They didn't always explain everything in the SFV trailers, like they didn't outright mention anything about Gill's Retribution mechanic, but they seemed a bit more fleshed out. Then again, maybe they are just focused on the hype and that's it, which might be a better plan for the life of the game.

nbkicker

When the playstation first came out western game companies were all out to shock with there games and there designs, now they are to scared todo anything incase they upset the small minority cancel culture that get upset or have to moan about anything even if they are never gonna buy the game they complain about, same goes for sony censoring certain bits in games,wouldnt be suprised if sony took asked capcom to take that pose out of the ps5 version or cover up some of the shot angles

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
T-Hawk?

I could have sworn she was a stand in for Eagle or maybe cribbing some off Rolento too.

I really like Zangief's animations here, flowing so very smoothly.

Never cared about Cammy before, can continue to not care.
We knew she was THawks daughter or atleast related to him around the time the first leaks came out.

nbkicker

So far cant wait for this game, out of all the characters releasing with the game cant wait to try out them all, well apart from jp and blanka, but will prob go back to cammy as she was my main in sfv, although with the dlc set to be akuma, ed, aki and rashid think these have to be my least playable charachter id play

When the playstation first came out western game companies were all out to shock with there games and there designs, now they are to scared todo anything incase they upset the small minority cancel culture that get upset or have to moan about anything even if they are never gonna buy the game they complain about, same goes for sony censoring certain bits in games,wouldnt be suprised if sony took asked capcom to take that pose out of the ps5 version or cover up some of the shot angles
I remember when they changed Mika's Critical Art in SFV and it never made any sense considering everything else in the game. Same with Juri's body suit change as well.

Kaleinc

MK9: Ugly going to the beach
MK11: Ugly going for a motorcycle ride in desert.

NT80

Tekken 8 looked way better 7 in the latest trailer. It's probably much further off from release as well.

amigastar

I still can't wrap my head around the graphics.
I like graphics like Guilty Gear Strive or SF IV because they age and look better to me.

Fredrik

I still can't wrap my head around the graphics.
I like graphics like Guilty Gear Strive or SF IV because they age and look better to me.
I think the filters or shaders or whatever makes this look fantastic. One of the better looking upcoming games out there right now.

But the freeze when a hit lands. That I don’t understand. Looks like a weird fps stutter. Shaderstruggle. They should skip that or at least have a choice so you can remove the pause if you play single player. Just make the motions smooth and fluid, it’ll 100% look better.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

They should skip that or at least have a choice so you can remove the pause if you play single player. Just make the motions smooth and fluid, it’ll 100% look better.
absolutely not, SF is one of the fastest fighting games out there, tekken is like at a minimum 3x slower; there would be no way to react or confirm anything if there was no hitstop; it would immediately stop being SF.

Fredrik

absolutely not, SF is one of the fastest fighting games out there, tekken is like at a minimum 3x slower; there would be no way to react or confirm anything if there was no hitstop; it would immediately stop being SF.
Could make a slower fluid mode. Not asking for SF to change into something else in tournaments or online, just want to see the awesome animations without the annoying overused pause.

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

I think the filters or shaders or whatever makes this look fantastic. One of the better looking upcoming games out there right now.

But the freeze when a hit lands. That I don’t understand. Looks like a weird fps stutter. Shaderstruggle. They should skip that or at least have a choice so you can remove the pause if you play single player. Just make the motions smooth and fluid, it’ll 100% look better.
It's called hitstop and its made so you can land combos easier.

Also anyone else think the RE engine does hair poorly? The dithering is horrendous in this and in Leon's hair in RE4R.

Reizo Ryuu

Could make a slower fluid mode.
...yeah that's not happening, completely pointless to make a mode that plays 3 times slower, it would require either making new in-between animations or programming in some ugly tweening; complete waste of time and resources.
The animations run full speed if you're not hitting anything, just go into training mode and do that if you want to "look at animations" smh.
annoying overused pause.
it's not annoying, or overused just because you don't like it; it has a purpose and is widely accepted

Top Bottom