• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The AWS (abused wife syndrome) ESPN NFL 2005 Xbox league! Last time Sega! LAST TIME!

hgplayer1

yeah that was not a pretty game with all the drops and stuff. I never would have thought I would have won a game with FGs. Ive never had any real faith in my kicker hitting anything over 35 yards but in this game I hit 2 48 yarders!

guess Ill go see if my TE is out for the season. :|

EDIT:

wow another injury. anyone wanna compare their injury list to mine?

86 Dan Campbell (TE) Fracture - Ankle Out - 8 Weeks
93 Kenyon Coleman (DE) Twist - Neck Probable - 2 Weeks
83 Terry Glenn (WR) Tendon Tear - Knee Out - 13 Weeks
11 Drew Henson (QB) Tendon Tear - Knee Out - 23 Weeks
21 Julius Jones (HB) Impacted - Abdomen Out - 2 Weeks
41 Terence Newman (CB) Fracture - Nose Healthy - 3 Weeks
31 Roy Williams (FS) Hair Line Fracture - Foot Out - 4 Weeks

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Gunstar77 said:
Sorry AztecaGX, I don't get home until about 1 AM EST from work. I can play in the morning around 11 AM EST, just let me know.

Hey AztecaGX, I can play Friday morning around 11 AM EST or Friday night around 2 PM EST. On Saturday I can play anytime, you let me know what works for you.

Mrbob

Hmm, maybe we don't need EQ to stop the cheese. I think the updated stats help out a great deal in fixing some problems with this game. Especially the catches in double coverage. I just played FMT online and my defense was rock solid. I was hitting his receiver on potential catches, jarring the ball out. Knocking balls down. Players in position for the most part (But there was one instance where my cb ran in a circle instead of going for the ball). It actually looked like real football. In fact, I overcame 5 (!!) INTs by Grossman to still come away with a comfortable 21-10 victory! :p

AztecaGX

Gunstar77 said:
Hey AztecaGX, I can play Friday morning around 11 AM EST or Friday night around 2 PM EST. On Saturday I can play anytime, you let me know what works for you.

How about Saturday night around 10 or 11pm eastern?

TheDuce22

Banned
We can try right now if you want. Im getting direct tv installed today and I dont know when they are coming so I cant really give you a time yet.

DMczaf

Where are you Bog?

milk.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wait, what the fuck!?

Man fuck this stupid roster update! Barber can fumble now! No more super move bowling people over! This is terrible!

Damion and I were scheduled for 3 PM today, but he hasn't answered his AIM.

Guess what...I think Demon quit the league...he is how our game went down:

I was winning 10-0 in the 2nd when DJ had the ball on a 3 and long and I sacked him for a loss. As soon as that happen, he disconnnect. I wondered if the game was going to go through. However, exactly a minute later, I get a 'ready' notification and sure enough, DJ was ready and waiting.

The second game, I was leading 17-7 at the half and I would receive it at the start of the third. He decides to onside kick (WTF?!?!). then I thought it was a mistake and he accidently picked it. The ball goes out of bounds before 10 yards so I figured he relly going to kick it this time. Wouldn't you know it, he goes for the onside again (WTFx2!?!?). I recover the ball and the next play I scored. As soon as I crossed the goaline...BOOM...he disconnects again.

hmm....

ShadowRed

Banned
Cmdr. Solrak said:

I was winning 10-0 in the 2nd when DJ had the ball on a 3 and long and I sacked him for a loss. As soon as that happen, he disconnnect. I wondered if the game was going to go through. However, exactly a minute later, I get a 'ready' notification and sure enough, DJ was ready and waiting.

The second game, I was leading 17-7 at the half and I would receive it at the start of the third. He decides to onside kick (WTF?!?!). then I thought it was a mistake and he accidently picked it. The ball goes out of bounds before 10 yards so I figured he relly going to kick it this time. Wouldn't you know it, he goes for the onside again (WTFx2!?!?). I recover the ball and the next play I scored. As soon as I crossed the goaline...BOOM...he disconnects again.

hmm....

LOL!!!!!!

Fifty

Cmdr. Solrak said:

hmm....

Every game I have played with DJ was clean, but that sure does sound shady. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but I can see why anyone would think that way.

Big edit: Damn, he did quit......Shit.

Bog

Junior Ace
Man, why do I have to play Minnesota in Week 16? Why not Week 2 or Week 5. Now someone good will probably take over. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ugh, league advanced. I was going to try and contact him this morning for the game. I was around most of the day yesterday which is the day we agreed to play but he never answered my IMs. Tarnished win man, tarnished win. :| And I get no stats. :| If you post after 12AM PDT your time (Saturday morning) saying the week will be advanced 'tomorrow night' can you make it clear what night you mean? :|

Guileless, I can play all day today, after 6 Monday, probably not at all Tuesday, after 6 Wednesday.

ShadowRed

Banned
Gunstar when is the best time for you to play? I can tell you that tonight is best for me. After that I might be on the road and can't say for sure when I'll be able to play.

dude, you guys need to pay more attention to this thread and the league. your game with Mav was already forefitted by coin flip because you guys didn't play by the deadline (which was yesterday). i dont know who your next opponent is, check out the league page to find out

Top Bottom