• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-E

Stinkles said:
Yeah. Several times. It is the monkeys with typewriters, happening in real time. Soon, the Shakespeare will start forming.

Two households, both alike in dignity,
In fair NeoGAF, where we lay our scene,
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life;
Whole misadventured piteous overthrows
Do with their death bury their parents' strife.
The fearful passage of their death-mark'd love,
And the continuance of their parents' rage,
Which, but their children's end, nought could remove,
Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage;
The which if you with patient ears attend,
What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend.

exfixate

Stinkles said:
Yeah. Several times. It is the monkeys with typewriters, happening in real time. Soon, the Shakespeare will start forming.

Billy Corgan would care about resolution, pop-in, loadtime, super GFX effects differential you evil twin.

Mrbob

andrewfee said:
Argh, there's fucking terrible audio compression on the 360.

Shouldn't be surprised about this.

BTW, you have now given this thread another wind. This is going down in the hall of fame.

andrewfee said:

Well unfortunately I imagine that will affect the PS3 version just as much. GTA4 seems like the kind of game with waaaaaay too much audio to try and manage two sets of assets.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
CartridgeBlower said:
So the whole '620p' argument is based off one guy counting pixels? Are you fuckin serious?
Well it was kinda the guy who proved that Halo 3 was 665p and made Bungie grudgingly admit it.

CartridgeBlower said:
So the whole '620p' argument is based off one guy counting pixels? Are you fuckin serious?

Uh, that's how you determine native resolution. And the 'one guy' is the international authority on determining native resolution.

rabhw

andrewfee said:

2exam1j.gif

Synless

Valkyr Junkie said:
Well unfortunately I imagine that will affect the PS3 version just as much. GTA4 seems like the kind of game with waaaaaay too much audio to try and manage two sets of assets.
I somehow don't think so.

qirex99

Banned
CartridgeBlower said:

just like the whole Halo3 = 640p. It and all teh pixel counting is done by the same ONE MAN!

Amazing the power of one man (and a forum of tinhats)!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Uh, that's how you determine native resolution. And the 'one guy' is the international authority on determining native resolution.

I don't so much question the guy as I do his source...he used a sharpened IGN photo, no?

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
This thread kept me entertained all day while at work, but I have just got home and I have about 2 mins left before the game is install is done. Hopefully the thread will die when everyone can actually play the game, I seriously worry for anyone that has the game and would rather post in this thread. Enjoy bitching about pixels, pop-in and framerate, I have some prostitutes to kill...

Evlar

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:
I dunno... Wait until someone with the PS3 version comments, or preferably a few someones...

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Crushed said:
okay let's see, i haven't gone to 4chan in like five months so i'll have to take something really really old and beaten into the grou-

15qb0op.gif
'

oh here we go

Sorry for not getting it...but who is that?

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Y2Kev said:
I don't so much question the guy as I do his source...he used a sharpened IGN photo, no?
A sharpened IGN screenshot isn't going to totally destroy the math involved. The pixels used in the counting would still be visible.

D

Deleted member 17693

Unconfirmed Member
How do you make a multiplayer character? I have no idea what I'm doing.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
andrewfee said:

I guess I can't hear very well then, cause I can't notice any disturbing audio compression evidence (Such as poor quality audio, weird sounding songs etc) on the music files.

Also, pop-in? what pop-in? and the game looks so much less jaggy in reality than the screenshots show for either version, motion is everything I guess.

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
How do you make a multiplayer character? I have no idea what I'm doing.
Use the phone, the MP menu hides in there.

h3ro

andrewfee said:

You have no clue how much I just :lol after reading that... its like you tossed the thread a phoenix down...

Oh and <3 you chubigans...

Oh man, almost out of time and I still am not happy with any decision. I might go looking for a PS3 SE tomorrow along with my 360 one but I can hardly afford it.

Valkyr Junkie said:
Well unfortunately I imagine that will affect the PS3 version just as much.

I would GUESS it's the same on PS3. If all these reviews go out on a limb to say that the PS3 version's pop-in, etc. is slightly better then surely they would have picked up on a drop in audio quality?

But I'm sure we'll jump to conclusions for the fun of it.

qirex99

Banned
Odrion said:
Didn't we find out the PS3 iso is about the same size as the 360 iso? Sound compression bah. :lol

Sony SDF never rests...

frickin hilarious. Can it really be so hard to imaging that the 360 and ps3 are pretty similar in power??

SRG01

I expect this thread to die off as more people start playing. :lol

Or maybe not. All the sideliners will keep on yelling at each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom