• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Seems that video did really kill the radio star in the Xbox 360 version of GTA4....she died of heart COMPRESSION.

oneHeero

pswii60 said:
Just got back with my 360 version from Asda (EDIT: Well actually, an hour ago). PS3 version getting delivered tomorrow.

360 version doesn't have the horrendus pop-in everyone's describing. If anything, I would say the only even slight issue is the slightly 'low-res' feel of everything. I'd be surprised if the 360 version isn't 630p too. Also, I feel this game looks better using the VGA cable than HDMI, don't ask me why, but I had to try both cos I'm a fussy knickers.

But overall, the game looks fucking amazing. Especially during the day. It's jaw-dropping the amount of people, cars, and how alive the city feels. Literally insane. You won't all be nitpicking like this soon, I promise you. Draw distance is great for this type of game too, the amount of detail, OMG OMG FAP FAP FAP FAP etc. You will rike.

I need some sleep but I can't wait to get stuck in to this tomorrow.

And for the Sales-Agers, this Asda (UK) received an allocation of 81x 360 copies, 35x PS3 copies.
I read that the ps3 has more ppl and cars on the screen @ once, since you confirm there are tons on screen for the 360, does that mean the ps3 will have tonsXinfinity?

pswii60

Jtyettis said:
Wat, thought the Supermarket was getting 3 to 1 in the opposite.
I thought that quote was talking about online demand? As for the store, this is the Asda Trafford branch opposite the Trafford Centre. 81x 360 copies and 35x PS3 copies, all of which were allocated by 23:35, then sold from 00:01. At least 100 people muppets came in after 23:35 trying to sneak in to the queue but to no avail.

EDIT: And I had to stand in front of the smelliest gimp imaginable. Body odour to the max. Ew. And he wouldn't stop waffling on to the PS3 GTA buyers about how they're missing out on the DLC :lol

moai

shagg_187 said:
new-sig.gif

where is this from?

Tobor

Gary Whitta said:
By the way, this thread is totally living up to expectations, and then some. If GAF ever wants to filter down its mountains of member applications, they should just sticky this thread and call it "what you can expect"

This would increase the demand for memberships.

I love that comparative picture of the street light. They both look the fucking same. And this is the shit that inspires a 100-page thread? GO GO GAF!

RSTEIN said:
Just think... come December this will have been all forgotten.

Then we'll move on to...

GEARS 2 VS. RESISTANCE 2

Why wait? Resistance 2, no contest, not even a glimmer of hope. Resistance 2 at 0.5X magnification even!

Speevy

Banned
I really think the lady on Law and Order: Criminal Intent should have guest-starred on CSI: Miami.

She once saw a dead woman and quipped "This bride wasn't to be."

Pimpbaa

CalamityDaunt said:
She's totally ruined lollipop girl for me. Now anytime i think about her when i'm feeling horny i'm gunna get an image of that chunk in my head :'(

Maybe this will wash the image of the fat girl from our heads.

gta-comparison170.jpg

Gary Whitta said:
I love that comparative picture of the street light. They both look the fucking same. And this is the shit that inspires a 100-page thread? GO GO GAF!

only 93 pages.

please, we havent gone that low yet.

zaidr

Jtyettis said:
Wat, thought the Supermarket was getting 3 to 1 in the opposite.

Yea, not gonna cry over it, heh.

Thanks dude. What you did was pretty shitty, but at least you got a relevant avatar out of it. I'm gonna assume that was your intention from the start, and not hold a grudge.

KTallguy

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
My guess is that the majority of GAFers would not turn that down.

... If they don't turn her down and things go well enough, it'll be THEIR turn to get COMPRESSED.

*sunglasses baby*

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom