• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E3 2009 Thread (June 2-4) of Everything's already leaked ;)

Chris R

Can anyone explain why my G4 coverage tomorrow doesn't start until 1PM PST according to my DVR box? It should be starting with live coverage of the press event, but I'm not seeing anything there except shitty movies right now :(

I loved last year watching on TV and a stream at the same time.

Schrade

rhfb said:
Can anyone explain why my G4 coverage tomorrow doesn't start until 1PM PST according to my DVR box? It should be starting with live coverage of the press event, but I'm not seeing anything there except shitty movies right now :(

I loved last year watching on TV and a stream at the same time.
That's just the E3 general coverage. There's an earlier press conference coverage as well. Just record all episodes of it and you should get it. Worked for me on my DirecTV HR22-100

Can we get some photoshops and awesome .gifs goin on. I am surprised that the crazy train isn't full steam ahead in here yet. Without it, it doesn't feel like E3.

Chris R

Schrade said:
That's just the E3 general coverage. There's an earlier press conference coverage as well. Just record all episodes of it and you should get it. Worked for me on my DirecTV HR22-100
Just saying that on my DVR right now, if I look to when the conference is supposed to be happening I see nothing :( I plan on being up, but I might sleep in so I want to be sure :(

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
E3 Is A Go!

1236681924_snail_transformers.gif

billy.sea

Banned
Twitter geoffkeighley : Sources tell me the Wii area at the Nintendo booth is covered in light blue tarps and under heavy security at E3.

Feep

Banned
Was down at the convention center today; things were locked up fairly tight.

Microsoft gave one of us lower concourse for the presser, and two of us upper. What the fuck? = (

Feep said:
Was down at the convention center today; things were locked up fairly tight.

Microsoft gave one of us lower concourse for the presser, and two of us upper. What the fuck? = (

Did you see that incredibly stupid tower of trash they were building? I guess it's supposed to be art I dunno...

Kritz

Banned
Kind of off-topic:

Could I request that the times for the conferences also be done in GMT+10 time, which is used by the Eastern side of Australia? I think we have more than enough Australians on this board to warrant people remembering our existence, or at the least, remember that some of us are too lazy to add ten hours to the GMT times.

Kind of on-topic:

My hype is currently reserved only for Valve games, Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake, APB and any information on a Fable game. And maybe a new Bungie game.

Everything else will have to surprise me on the day.

Nintendo, all I ask is that you put more support behind the balance board. Also, stop releasing more peripherals. Please, support the balance board, or it will be the last "accessory" I buy from you.

Firestorm

Kritz said:
Kind of off-topic:

Could I request that the times for the conferences also be done in GMT+10 time, which is used by the Eastern side of Australia? I think we have more than enough Australians on this board to warrant people remembering our existence, or at the least, remember that some of us are too lazy to add ten hours to the GMT times.

Kind of on-topic:

My hype is currently reserved only for Valve games, Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake, APB and any information on a Fable game. And maybe a new Bungie game.

Everything else will have to surprise me on the day.
If I had my way I'd just post Pacific Time (E3 taking place) and GMT (the world knows where they are from here). It's just people living in the crappy time zone known as Eastern always bitch.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...ion-Sensing-Game-Available-for-Pre-Order.html

E3 2009: Motion Sensing Game Available for Pre-Order
Written Sunday, May 31, 2009 by Jason Debelyak

A little over 12 hours from now, Microsoft will be hitting the stage for their press conference. However, thanks to our friends at Engadget, we have a juicy bit of information for you before Microsoft hits the stage. We've heard for over a year now about Microsoft possibly entering the Wii-esque area of motion sensing capabilities, and we've seen bits of information scattered around, whether it be the "Newton" controller or the motion sensing camera. Added to this gigantic rumor now is a game available for pre-order on Gamestop.com.

Squeeballs: Island Party will apparently be bundled with this brand new controller that will have the same type of motion capabilities as the Wii. The controller, named Gametrak Freedom (or "Freedom" for short), will be able to track the player's movements and translate them to the game. Sounds familiar right?

The game will feature 11 main games, which include Tenpin Bowling, Feeding Frenzy, Cannon, Cooking, Crazy Lanes, Paint by Squeeballs, Creature Testing Belt, Pumping, Squeeball Golf, Shock and Stampede. After challenges are met, new ones will unlock, which will result in over 150 unique games.

Of course, this is nothing more than a rumor at the moment, and we'll find out for sure tomorrow. But, this is an awful lot of information from a reputable retailer to not report it to you guys. Stay tuned all day tomorrow here at X360A for all the groundbreaking news as soon as it happens!

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74670

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
I am pretty pumped. I always seem to get really excited at the last second every year. :lol

Gowans

Are we getting a thread per press conf as always or sticking to this one this year?

I need a better list of streams and links to have maximum tabs open at 6:25

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm ready for E3!
Got 3 days off work, a crate of beers in, plenty of nuts, pizzas and steaks for dinner.
I'm literally just gonna sit in front of my PC in my underwear, reading GAF, watching Gametrailers HD streams, and listening to Listen UP, while I stuff my face with nuts and drink beer.

I'm a sad, pathetic, lonely shell of a man.
Cant wait! :D

JimiNutz

Banned
Ninja Kn1ght said:
Is there an E3 IRC channel? Somebody usually makes one around this time. If someone could let me know that would be swell.

Apparently they're banned this year?
I have no idea why, but I hope somebody just makes one anyway and PMs a bunch of users so we can all get in on the fun times.

Soooo, are there going to be any spoiler free links to the streams available after the conferences?
I can't see them live but I really want to have the same experience of surprise, and if I search for these conferences I will surely be bombarded with huge headlines and pics of the new announcements.

Amir0x

Banned
Gonna be sad to miss the theatrics this afternoon... I don't get home until 4:30PM(EST).

I just want ALAN WAKE

Roquentin

IGN's E3 Live Demos:
Tuesday June 2nd, 2009:
  • 01:30 PM PT / 09:30 PM GMT / 22:30 CET : Halo 3: ODST -- Microsoft shows off the latest installment in the Halo series.
  • 02:00 PM PT / 10:00 PM GMT / 23:00 CET : Unannounced Microsoft Title -- Find out what MS will unveil at this year's E3.
  • 03:00 PM PT / 11:00 PM GMT / 00:00 CET : Need for Speed SHIFT -- See the evolution of the smash hit Need For Speed series.
  • 03:30 PM PT / 11:30 PM GMT / 00:30 CET : Need for Speed NITRO -- The latest Need for Speed has been tailored for the Wii.
  • 04:00 PM PT / 12:00 AM GMT / 01:00 CET : Dead to Rights: Retribution -- The series returns for the first time on PS3 and 360.
  • 04:30 PM PT / 12:30 AM GMT / 01:30 CET : Tekken 6 -- The classic fighter is back for more.
  • 05:30 PM PT / 01:30 AM GMT / 02:30 CET : DC Universe -- Superheroes collide live on our set.
  • 06:15 PM PT / 02:15 AM GMT / 03:15 CET : Army of Two: The 40th Day -- The wild boys of the SSC face hell again.
  • 06:45 PM PT / 02:45 AM GMT / 03:45 CET : Bad Company 2 -- Ultimate destruction returns.
  • 07:15 PM PT / 03:15 AM GMT / 04:15 CET : Scratch The Ultimate DJ -- Put away the guitar and get ready to spin.
  • 07:30 PM PT / 03:30 AM GMT / 04:30 CET : Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time -- The first of Sony's big guns is unveiled.
Wednesday June 3rd, 2009:
  • 11:00 AM PT / 07:00 PM GMT / 20:00 CET : NCAA Football 10 -- EA's big college game unveiled.
  • 11:30 AM PT / 07:30 PM GMT / 20:30 CET : Madden Next-Gen -- The big franchise only gets better.
  • 12:30 PM PT / 08:30 PM GMT / 21:30 CET : Star Wars: The Old Republic -- Learn how this MMO will consume you.
  • 01:00 PM PT / 09:00 PM GMT / 22:00 CET : Unannounced Lucas Arts Title -- See what Lucas Arts has in store for us.
  • 01:30 PM PT / 09:30 PM GMT / 22:30 CET : Unannounced Lucas Arts Title -- Another secret game from Lucas Arts.
  • 02:30 PM PT / 10:30 PM GMT / 23:30 CET : Guitar Hero 5 -- Rock out on with multiple instruments.
  • 03:30 PM PT / 11:30 PM GMT / 00:30 CET : Brutal Legend -- Rock n' Roll will save the world.
  • 04:30 PM PT / 12:30 AM GMT / 01:30 CET : Assassin's Creed 2 -- See the next chapter in this amazing tale.
  • 05:30 PM PT / 01:30 AM GMT / 02:30 CET : Red Steel 2 -- See the power of motion controls.
  • 06:30 PM PT / 02:30 AM GMT / 03:30 CET : God of War III -- There will be blood.
  • 07:15 PM PT / 03:15 AM GMT / 04:15 CET : DJ Hero -- Come spin with us.
  • 07:45 PM PT / 03:45 AM GMT / 04:45 CET : Unannounced Sony Title -- This could be big!
Thursday June 4th, 2009:
  • 11:00 AM PT / 07:00 PM GMT / 20:00 CET : Splinter Cell Conviction -- Sam is back, and he's angry.
  • 12:00 PM PT / 08:00 PM GMT / 21:00 CET : Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age -- This is the future of BioWare.
  • 12:30 PM PT / 08:30 PM GMT / 21:30 CET : Modern Warfare 2 -- Get ready for the next big war.
  • 01:00 PM PT / 09:00 PM GMT / 22:00 CET : Batman Arkham Asylum -- Get ready to be the bat.
  • 02:00 PM PT / 10:00 PM GMT / 23:00 CET : Dead Space Extraction -- The horror experience comes to Wii.
  • 03:00 PM PT / 11:00 PM GMT / 00:00 CET : Singularity -- Amazing powers will be on display.
  • 04:00 PM PT / 12:00 AM GMT / 01:00 CET : Unannounced High Voltage Title -- The makers of The Conduit have something new.
  • 05:00 PM PT / 01:00 AM GMT / 02:00 CET : MAG -- Sony is bringing the war online.
  • 06:00 PM PT / 02:00 AM GMT / 03:00 CET : Heavy Rain -- You won't believe your eyes.
  • 07:00 PM PT / 03:00 AM GMT / 04:00 CET : Uncharted 2 -- See Honor Among Thieves in motion.

ZeoVGM

Banned
thaOwner said:
No gifs man, just post the link to it.

Hm? Nothing about that in the OP. I'd understand people not wanting gifs in the conference threads, but why here at 7 AM?

They're fun, if not overused.

thaOwner

omg rite said:
Hm? Nothing about that in the OP. I'd understand people not wanting gifs in the conference threads, but why here at 7 AM?

They're fun, if not overused.
I mean linking to it should be good but just as good as posting the whole GIF in here. Not everyone is browsing gaf on a computer ya know.

Erebus

Finally E3 week is here!!!!!:D

I hope Microsoft will have a good start and set the pace for Nintendo and Sony.:D

Really looking forward to seeing lot's of new games. Also I hope Disney' stereoscopic (or off axis) 3D games will look good. Maybe we will see more in the future from other developers. I for one would love to see more stereoscopic 3D stuff in games.

Ephemeris

NutJobJim said:
Apparently they're banned this year?
I have no idea why, but I hope somebody just makes one anyway and PMs a bunch of users so we can all get in on the fun times.
Ditto.

So 6:25pm for me in gmt, my guess of around 3:30 wasn't too far off at least.

The hard part is what do I do in the next 5 hours? playing games and browsing gaf will feel too slow :lol

Top Bottom