• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official X06 Barcelona (360) Summary Thread

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Blimblim said:
No. You don't want to see this game as it is now ;)

i know you have hinted that the demo is pretty underwhelming in its current state, but would you mind elaborating why?

also, yeah, i'd still LOVE to see a (decent) video. i'm one of the few that really likes what hes seen in pictures.

by the way for those that care, gek posted a terrible youtube video of the wheel, er, i mean forza 2 ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGDh_xnogdw

op_ivy

Blimblim said:
It's more than difficult to compare a game using a urban environment like PGR3 to Forza 2 running on your average (IE ugly in real life) racing track.

compared to pgr3's nurburgring F1 track (which, for the record, i thought wasnt so great and easily bested by motogps tracks)?

OverHeat

Membre Exceptionnel
Blimblim said:
It's more than difficult to compare a game using a urban environment like PGR3 to Forza 2 running on your average (IE ugly in real life) racing track.

Well better then the F1 race track in PGR3? :p

Blimblim

The Inside Track
OverHeat said:
Well better then the F1 race track in PGR3? :p
PGR3's nurburgring (both of them) were downright ugly, so yeah I'd say Forza 2 looked better, easily.
Edit: After seeing that youtube video, it seems like the X06 build of Forza 2 was already a bit smoother than the one I saw at the TGS.

sangreal

op_ivy said:
i know you have hinted that the demo is pretty underwhelming in its current state, but would you mind elaborating why?

also, yeah, i'd still LOVE to see a (decent) video. i'm one of the few that really likes what hes seen in pictures.

by the way for those that care, gek posted a terrible youtube video of the wheel, er, i mean forza 2 ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGDh_xnogdw

I think it looks pretty good in the few seconds its seen in that video. I would certainly appreciate a proper vid

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
clashfan said:
Is that cinematic from the game engine itself? If it is then it looks totally incredible. That's the Killzone trailer brought to life!

100% in engine. :)

PG2G

---- said:
For some reason I thought a Blue Dragon cartoon was planned for Japan. If it isn't it should be. Blue Dragon looks a lot more commercially marketable than anything else.

AFAIK, Blue Dragon will be a manga

FiRez

zedge said:
Its still got that jerkyness like the last NFS on 360.. what a pile of crap.. wtf is wrong with the develpoers who make the NFS games...

casual gamers digs the usual jerkyness of the NFS series

don't ask me why, but I've noticed that.

op_ivy

god i cant wait for decent quality media. by the way, darkness is looking awesome. go starbreeze!

Rody

Blimblim said:
No. You don't want to see this game as it is now ;)

Are you serious? You're not going to post a video of "Forza 2" just because the game isn't as good as the final product will be?

m0dus

Banned
Rody said:
Are you serious? You're not going to post a video of "Forza 2" just because the game isn't as good as the final product will be?

GAF has yet to demonstrate a modicum of understanding in terms of grasping the concept of an unfinished product being a work in progress, so no, I can't really blame blim for not wanting to encourage the senslessness that would ensue. :)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Rody said:
It was forbidden to film the game in the first place...

duckroll

Man, X06 has been a total disappointment in terms of content. The conference was really great, hats off to Peter Moore, Jade Raymond and Cliffy for some solid stuff. But unfortunately not only have the previews and articles been kinda low, but there's a total lack of media from the show floor and the Bring it Home content just SUCKS. :(

Orodreth

I read comments from a spanish web magazine that they will put previews all of thursday stuff through the weekend ( including interviews with Moore and others...) and that they were told of a "big surprise" that will be revealed soon and cant comment yet ( bogus?, another table tennis?.. ) .

Imo, yesterday was underwheming after the great conference. I was expecting at least something new from Team Ninja (NG2 or that new other game they showed) and another Live Arcade title. What happened to the Castlevania rumors?

GhaleonEB

duckroll said:
Man, X06 has been a total disappointment in terms of content. The conference was really great, hats off to Peter Moore, Jade Raymond and Cliffy for some solid stuff. But unfortunately not only have the previews and articles been kinda low, but there's a total lack of media from the show floor and the Bring it Home content just SUCKS. :(
The Bring it Home didn't suck, it's just missing some big titles: Crackdown, Lost Planet and Gears of War. Those are the only three big games I can think of that didn't get any kind of trailer. Lost Planet is inexcusable, since the trailer already exists. GoW is even more inexcusable since that's the #1 game for 360 this holiday. WTF, MS. WTF.

Pug

Although a bit late into this thread, The price of the HD-DVD player in the UK (129.99) is very enticing indeed. I wasn't interested at all but at this price its hard not to consider it a viable proposition.

Top Bottom