• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official X06 Barcelona (360) Summary Thread

skip said:
we're writing previews and planning 1upyours now. possibly recording friday morning, publishing friday afternoon. me & luke, spanish tag team vs. shane. possibly with peter moore running in with a steel chair.

(peter moore will not be on the podcast.)

Thanks skip! 1upYours starts the weekend off right.

skip

squicken said:
So where are the videos? You know, cam footage? Direct feed? WTF is going on? Did MS ban all cameras from the event?

all the major site video teams are hard at work processing and uploading to their respective home teams. these things take time!

I suggest refreshing gamevideos as much as you can, and telling your unique friends to do the same.

skip

Odysseus said:
Maybe Shane will have something tangible to bring to the podcast.

lols

yeah, luke, bryan and I came away pretty impressed (as you'll see in the 1up show tgs report). I'd give 'em a B+ overall -- I now feel comfortable with the 360's existence!

rad:

mass effect
gears co-op
assassins
crackdown
guitar hero II (they wouldn't let us play, bastards.)
alone in the dark (imo)

bad:

sonic
forza 2 (doesn't look so hot right now, but plays well and will eventually be rad)
fear port (omg)
doax2 (shame-inducing)

stuff I heard was rad but didn't get to see myself:

bioshock
alan wake
peter moore post-interview (shane-inducing)

writeups, video and podcasts to come in the next 24-48 hours.

sangreal

skip said:
bad:

forza 2 (doesn't look so hot right now, but plays well and will eventually be rad)

What is it with Microsoft showing off games before they are ready. This problem plagued Forza1, not to mention Too Human.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
skip said:
lols

yeah, luke, bryan and I came away pretty impressed (as you'll see in the 1up show tgs report). I'd give 'em a B+ overall -- I now feel comfortable with the 360's existence!

rad:

mass effect
gears co-op
assassins
crackdown
alone in the dark (imo)

bad:

sonic
fear port (omg)
doax2 (shame-inducing)

bioshock
alan wake

PES?

sangreal said:
What is it with Microsoft showing off games before they are ready. This problem plagued Forza1, not to mention Too Human.
I think that's why they started showing more CG. They want to make announcements to get some attention, but they aren't ready to show real-time gameplay to the public. That's probably better than their previous strategy of showing a bunch of really early stuff and hoping people are understanding and realize that they have a lot of time to improve on things.

GhaleonEB

Sathsquatch said:
I think that's why they started showing more CG. They want to make announcements to get some attention, but they aren't ready to show real-time gameplay to the public. That's probably better than their previous strategy of showing a bunch of really early stuff and hoping people are understanding and realize that they have a lot of time to improve on things.
they're just copying Sony's strategy. again :p

skip

Ghost said:

didn't get to play it, but I'm not very qualified to evaluate the nuances of PES/WE anyway. we just play for shits and giggles in the office. looks nice, though, and the kiosks were dominated by euro journos.

Mrbob

skip said:
lols

rad:

mass effect
gears co-op
assassins
crackdown
alone in the dark (imo)

Skip FTW.

NinSoX

Banned
Is there any news on more Xbox Live Arcade games? I just remembered about the Simpsons Arcade game and it would be a lot of fun playing this in 4 player co-op mode online.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Odysseus said:
But do you get to shoot the gun?

How come there's a delay from when I tell GAF to move, and it actually moving?

Hopefully I have the same reference as you.
:lol

Odysseus

Banned
SnakeXs said:

Mine's actually a coworker and myself about Halo Wars, with a bit of an homage to Full Spectrum Warrior. :(

GhaleonEB

SnakeXs said:

I got the reference. :lol

Mrbob said:
I dunno about anyone else, but I got a one day ban for that Halo 3 trailer thread. ;)
don't worry, it was just another "love tap" :lol

g23

European pre-madonna
skip said:
lols

rad:

mass effect
gears co-op
assassins
crackdown
alone in the dark (imo)

bad:

sonic
fear port (omg)
doax2 (shame-inducing)

bioshock
alan wake

Whats wrong with Sonic man? The demo rocked my socks! And i hear tails is in the game!!

haha, I wasn't on GAF at the time (used to post more on IGN) but I remember the whole FSW complaints also :lol

I also used to work at gamestop at the time, so to make sure no customers were confused when buying the game I would always tell them "It's actually more of a strategy game, you don't directly shoot the gun" :lol

MMaRsu

http://xboxyde.com/stream_3132_en.html

Army of Two..look out for this game :). Completly build for co-op :).

834_0003.jpg

I cant help it.. I want it!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Shard said:
What else do you have on tap for us?
Shadowrun, Pinata, some XBLA titles, splinter cell, tiger woods, fifa, sonic, PSU and a few more. No gears or assassin's creed.
A fixed version of the Guitar Heroes 2 footage is encoding right now btw. After it's uploaded SnakeX will get some much needed sleep so the rest of the footage will have to wait until tomorrow.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Blimblim said:
Shadowrun, Pinata, some XBLA titles, splinter cell, tiger woods, fifa, sonic, PSU and a few more. No gears or assassin's creed.
A fixed version of the Guitar Heroes 2 footage is encoding right now btw. After it's uploaded SnakeX will get some much needed sleep so the rest of the footage will have to wait until tomorrow.

It is going to be a tough wait for soem folks, though sleep does sound good.

clashfan

I know Vivia Pinata is a cartoon, but was hoping they would annouce at X06 that they are going to make Blue Dragon into a cartoon. That would be a hit.

----

Banned
clashfan said:
I know Vivia Pinata is a cartoon, but was hoping they would annouce at X06 that they are going to make Blue Dragon into a cartoon. That would be a hit.
For some reason I thought a Blue Dragon cartoon was planned for Japan. If it isn't it should be. Blue Dragon looks a lot more commercially marketable than anything else.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Blimblim said:

no forza?

Coop

Blimblim said:

No Mass Effect?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Kabuki Waq said:
oh shit.....:lol
It's just that the framerate isn't optimized yet. It looks good and everything is mostly in place, but as it is it's just not ready to show to the crowd.
We all know how many pages a few framedrops would create, so anything less than 60 fps just won't cut it.

Odysseus

Banned
OverHeat said:
Che is not gonna like that comment!!!!:lol

Not really, che basically said as much leading up to the show. He said it wasn't really ready for public consumption, hence no demo on marketplace.

Top Bottom