• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official X06 Barcelona (360) Summary Thread

Mrbob

Yeah I didn't think much of the extra GTA4 content at first, becuase I figured it would be some worthless overexpensive mission that takes 5 minutes to do. But if each episode is as big a liberty city stories then wow i'm impressed.

36WiiS3

Odysseus said:
Of all the games there, Halo Wars is the only one I'll even keep an eye on, and as stated earlier I'm not too thrilled about that one.

Well, yes, if there are games outside of the aforementioned titles on the showfloor, then yes I may change my tune just like everyone did at TGS. But since this is Microsoft and they traditionally don't play things close to the chest, I'm going to have to say we've seen all they deem worth seeing. At this event, anyway.

Why are you in this thread? Do you like many here fein interest in the 360 so you can stealth troll. This shit is getting out of hand, I was not impressed with Sonys conference or games but you will not find posts by me in the tgs threads about it. It seems many sonyonly freaks like to give us there opinion on the 360 when it doesn't ****ing matter, and I'm not picking on you Odysseus I'm sorry if it seems that way.It's just that it seems people are faking interest in a console so they can stealth troll, the mods gotta start taking care of this. It's getting hard to talk about anything here without the ****in jerks(xbots or sonybots) ruining the discussion.

I know I must be crazy to think MS had a good show @ X06, and maybe sonys showing @ TGS has some of you pumped to fork over your $500.00, I want one too just not until I can get one for $500.00 with a game. But I didn't go into your threads and try to downplay your hype so why dont you stay the **** out of ours.

GhaleonEB

sangreal said:
Even Microsoft has no idea wtf Jackson is doing

:lol
I hear the initial conversation now.

Peter Jackson: "I'd like to do a project with Bungie in the Halo universe."

Microsoft: "Great idea! What kind of project?"

Peter Jackson: *incomprehensible gibberish about not a game and not a movie*

Microsoft: "....okay. Mind coming to X06 and explaining that yourself?"

Peter Jackson: "Sure, if you think I need to."

Microsoft: "I think that would be best."

Mrbob

Well at least I'm glad to know I was completely confused about what the hell Peter Jackson was trying to say on stage! :lol

Oh and the look on PEETAH's face while Jackson was talking is hilarious!

GhaleonEB

The open questions:

*Release dates? Forza 2, Crackdown, Viva Pinata, Fuzion Frenzy 2...? The only MS fall title we have a date for is Gears of War.
*Holiday bundle? Is anything coming? Canada got one, Japan gets two, Europe is getting several. Nothing for the US? Wha?

RaijinFY

GhaleonEB said:
The open questions:

*Release dates? Forza 2, Crackdown, Viva Pinata, Fuzion Frenzy 2...? The only MS fall title we have a date for is Gears of War.
*Holiday bundle? Is anything coming? Canada got one, Japan gets two, Europe is getting several. Nothing for the US? Wha?

Whoa, still a lot of question unanswered...

Odysseus

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
The open questions:

I believe the Viva Pinata date is in mid-November. It hasn't been announced officially, that I know of, but there was a intra-MS memo about a special bundle featuring Viva Pinata through the MS store that had the release date included. There's a thread about it if you care to search.

I'm interested in the Halo Wars release date. As much as I do not particularly like the idea of a non-FPS Halo, I admit I'm still intrigued because of the property. If it has some semblance of a storyline, I'm basically bound by law to play it.

GhaleonEB

Odysseus said:
I believe the Viva Pinata date is in mid-November. It hasn't been announced officially, that I know of, but there was a intra-MS memo about a special bundle featuring Viva Pinata through the MS store that had the release date included. There's a thread about it if you care to search.

I'm interested in the Halo Wars release date. As much as I do not particularly like the idea of a non-FPS Halo, I admit I'm still intrigued because of the property. If it has some semblance of a storyline, I'm basically bound by law to play it.
I remember that thread, with the date on the memo. But why not announce it yet? One of the main goals of X06 is to show off the holiday lineup, and dates are an important part of that, given how close we are.

eso76

Late to the Splinter Cell discussion, but Ubisoft Montreal could still do awesome things with the franchise.
They need to redesign everything about the game though; it needs some serious rewriting. Double Agent looks good and it's probably going to be a decent-to-good game, but they can't keep on using the same exact mechanics and the same core engine (game engine, not graphical) every year.

bud

m0dus said:
I just wanted to say, enjoy the responses you're about to get :lol

It looks like it will be a blast, actually. and that scenario in COOP looks like it would be fun as hell, IMO.

Because it's true?

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Splinter Cell 5 exclusivity will probably push me into getting an Xbox360. Despite what people say about it, I love the series and I think all the games so far have been amazing. DA looks like it will be even better. Ubi look like they are capable of making the series better after each installment, so Im confident that SC5 will be very good.

PleoMax

Banned
Too Human should be shown today.

And to Blim Blim, can i know what kind of weird codec you are using with the AC XBLM Hd trailer?

Razoric said:
Yeah I thought the same thing. So basically 2 episodes, both of which feature as much content as LCS??? Sign me up.

him I wonder how much they will charge for these...they would be stupid not to...well not stupid, great actually..

peace

bumpkin

Having gotten my hands on Killer Instinct for play in MAME, I'm jones'ing for a new entry. Come on RARE, make is so... KI3, with online play and downloadable content.

UUUUUUUUUULLLTTRRRRAAAAAAAAAAA COOOMMMBBOOOOOO!

Speevy

Banned
759_0021.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Who captured that?

duckroll

So erm, it's about the time the conference yesterday was now, which means 7pm in Spain. The day should be over.... and we've heard nothing? What's up?!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
duckroll said:
So erm, it's about the time the conference yesterday was now, which means 7pm in Spain. The day should be over.... and we've heard nothing? What's up?!

It has been rather quiet today, very odd, very odd indeed.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Capsule Gang said:
that smackdown pic is amaaazing.

also, anybody know when we can expect the X06 1upYours entry?

Tomorrow evening I would wager, though I also imagine we will have to be ware of the gushings of Mr. Luke Smith Esquire.

My faith in the Xbox 360 has been fully restored with this conference.

I was worried that with Wii's release, the Xbox 360 would collect dust.

Good show, Microsoft.

Shard said:
Tomorrow evening I would wager, though I also imagine we will have to be ware of the gushings of Mr. Luke Smith Esquire.
haha, i'm looking forward to the brawl that will ensue between luke and shane! It shall be of epic proportions. I hope they stealth bomb us early like they did for TGS though, I love having the episode to listen to while I work.

duckroll

Odysseus said:
If it follows the E3 schedule, that would make it available in about three months, right?

I honestly don't know, since I didn't have a Xbox360 back then. If that's so, then yeah I guess we should expect it somewhere down the line! :lol

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Speevy said:
:lol :lol :lol

Who captured that?
Hahaha I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice that one :D
The screenshot system for WMV only works for iframes in the videos, so sometimes I have to choose some not so interesting shots. This one was too awesome not too use :)

skip

we're writing previews and planning 1upyours now. possibly recording friday morning, publishing friday afternoon. me & luke, spanish tag team vs. shane. possibly with peter moore running in with a steel chair.

(peter moore will not be on the podcast.)

Odysseus

Banned
skip said:
we're writing previews and planning 1upyours now. possibly recording friday morning, publishing friday afternoon. me & luke, spanish tag team vs. shane. possibly with peter moore running in with a steel chair.

Maybe Shane will have something tangible to bring to the podcast.

skip said:

So I take it you guys are generally positive on what MS is showing?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
skip said:

For some reason that got a chuckle outta me. Thanks skip.

Hopefully there's more to it than extremist opinions on each side. *shrug* Then again, Shane and Luke, not Shane babbling on without being tied to a tree, so it should at least be intertaining.

Odysseus said:
Maybe Shane will have something tangible to bring to the podcast.

****, man, the tangible jokes never fail to get me. :lol

Top Bottom