• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "whoops" official Halo 3 thread of BELIEVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Tre did delete the thread (kinda without permission...), but not in a permanent way, so I played the part for a while.

Once Ghaleon was on the scene and the rebuliding talk got serious it was time to put the thread back up, since I wouldn't want folks to actually labor on a thread rebuilding project over a prank (for anyone who did even in this short timespan: our bad).

As for the "spoilers," that was tre's fault, but he says that that review was posted in several spots previously, including the official thread. And it wasn't a plot twist or anything of the sort...extremely, extremely minor plot element...though I can understand being on blackout status and all. For that, tre will actually get a bit of time off ;b

Enjoy Halo 2 HD Halo 3.

squicken said:
The OP has been changed. There is text that has been deleted. Text not related to the movie script. But I guess it's a new meme on GAF.

whyyy ohh whyyyy
I've read the original OP and the whole review. The only "spoiler" I could somehow consider one was never on it.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
While I'm not going to weigh into thread drama... I just wanted to say, there are 2,570 people I want dead.

1432805471_f076326f8f_o.jpg

GhaleonEB

EviLore said:
Tre did delete the thread (kinda without permission...), but not in a permanent way, so I played the part for a while.

Once Ghaleon was on the scene and the rebuliding talk got serious it was time to put the thread back up, since I wouldn't want folks to actually labor on a thread rebuilding project over a prank (for anyone who did even in this short timespan: our bad).

As for the "spoilers," that was tre's fault, but he says that that review was posted in several spots previously, including the official thread. And it wasn't a plot twist or anything of the sort...extremely, extremely minor plot element...though I can understand being on blackout status and all. For that, tre will actually get a bit of time off ;b

Enjoy Halo 2 HD Halo 3.
I wasn't too worried since I've been backing up the OP with every edit. Kind of hilarious in retrospect, but I am glad I was only around for the last few minutes of it. :lol

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
This is not a democracy, don't worry, I'll just take up the slack and start banning x 2 ;)

Madman

soujiro_seta said:
So now we have 2 stickified Official Halo 3 thread?:lol :lol
Does this mean The Warhawk Thread can replace the fake official Halo thread, or is it doomed to the graveyard(Online/Matchup forum)?

And Evilore, the comment about Halo 2 HD probably won't go over well.

Madman

Haunted One said:
I thought Halo 2 HD meant better graphics with similar gameplay?
I'm pretty sure it's a general insult to next gen games. Typically it is delivered by saying something along the lines of "(Current gen console game) looks like (previous gen console game) in HD." Meaning the said game had virtually no improvements other than a slight graphical upgrade. It's been referenced to Gran Turismo HD(GT4 in HD), R&C: ToD(Ratchet 3 in HD), and most famously, Halo 3(Halo 2 in HD).

after the "you went to far TRe" comment how did you guys keep thinking it was real?

ofcourse Evilore's complete Sony bias didnt help matters.

MutFox said:
But it is true.
Bungie just doesn't have much talent when it comes to graphics.

Halo 3 does not look like HAlo 2hd just look at the GT comparison trailers.

But thats not saying much considering how bland Halo 2 looked.

MCD

Kabuki Waq said:
after the "you went to far TRe" comment how did you guys keep thinking it was real?

ofcourse Evilore's complete Sony bias didnt help matters.

He did spoil the game, though it wasn't intentional.

robojimbo

As much as I enjoy watching GAF squirm, this joke was pretty fucking terrible and horribly executed. Ho ho, you got 'em good, ya did. Pat yourselves on the back, responsible turdlinger mod staff.

RoboJ said:
As much as I enjoy watching GAF squirm, this joke was pretty fucking terrible and horribly executed. Ho ho, you got 'em good, ya did. Pat yourselves on the back, responsible turdlinger mod staff.

dont worry let them enjoy their Interactive B movie 4 :p (when it comes out)

LJ11

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Again, I could give two shits about the official thread. Spoilers were revealed. Spoilers I really didn't want to know.

It's great that you guys have your thread back but I'm not laughing.

What was actually posted/spoiled?

beerbelly

Banned
Can't wait until MGS4 story is spoiled. No, not really. When even GAF's mods can't hold back on the immaturity it's hard to expect its posters to.

beerbelly said:
Can't wait until MGS4 story is spoiled. No, not really. When even GAF's mods can't hold back on the immaturity it's hard to expect its posters to.

oh cmon what exactly was spoiled? i mean was it main plot point? besided its not hard to predict what is going to happen. Halo does not have the most original story.

beerbelly said:

its not like they spoiled the main ending or anything. Get a grip. It was a very, very minor spoiler. This is what it had:
all it talked about was master chief having his helmet off talking to cortana

MCD

Kabuki Waq said:
oh cmon what exactly was spoiled? i mean was it main plot point? besided its not hard to predict what is going to happen. Halo does not have the most original story.

It's in the op, last sentences.

Madman

SuperEnemyCrab said:
its not like they spoiled the main ending or anything. Get a grip. It was a very, very minor spoiler. This is what it had:
all it talked about was master chief having his helmet off talking to cortana
What? That's it?

I thought you already techincally see him with his helmet off in Halo 2 in one of the the prompts for online. Or was that a different spartan?

ok kids, joke is over, this is preserved to show the entire community the number of crying MANBABIES there are in the Halo community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom