• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "whoops" official Halo 3 thread of BELIEVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sp0rsk said:
I've already told you guys what happened.

Then every mod responsible for this outcome should personally and publically give GhaleonEB an apology as well as being be de-modded and banned.

This forum is for the users, not the mods.

GhaleonEB said:
I've got the OP backed up on a text file, so I can re-start the thread whenever. Just post in this one when you find if it's possible or not and I'll start a new one if needed.

I should mention that I'm going to probably be offline most of the day, starting in about 25 minutes, so if it is needed I might end up re-starting it in the evening.

:(

Nutter

GhaleonEB said:
I've got the OP backed up on a text file, so I can re-start the thread whenever. Just post in this one when you find if it's possible or not and I'll start a new one if needed.

I should mention that I'm going to probably be offline most of the day, starting in about 25 minutes, so if it is needed I might end up re-starting it in the evening.
Start the thread before you leave!

Wollan said:
Okay, fresh pics from the Australian launch. EB @ Melbourne Central:

NVS44337.jpg

Legendary Edition boxes.

3MF44439.jpg

People playing offline multiplayer leading up to midnight.

Lzl44528.jpg

Rock, paper, scissors competition for Gears posters.

i8h44610.jpg

The kids are starting to get excited.

xAz44654.jpg

A lot of folks showed up.

5J944705.jpg

A couple of my buddies with game in hand. With that said, I'm off to play.

Thanks!

about 13 hours left here.

Also Evil Lore is neat. so is Sp0rsk for liking hotel dusk, but not for being a punk.

FIREBABY

McDragon said:
Make a new thread.

Finish the fight.
Seems like someone finished it for us. If this is not a joke. I wouldn't go through the trouble of making a new one. And for the most part the thread was spoiler free. Oh well. I need some co-op partners tonight. Anyone interested?

Tieno

Wollan said:
Okay, fresh pics from the Australian launch. EB @ Melbourne Central:

NVS44337.jpg

Legendary Edition boxes.

3MF44439.jpg

People playing offline multiplayer leading up to midnight.

Lzl44528.jpg

Rock, paper, scissors competition for Gears posters.

i8h44610.jpg

The kids are starting to get excited.

xAz44654.jpg

A lot of folks showed up.

5J944705.jpg

A couple of my buddies with game in hand. With that said, I'm off to play.
:) Thanks Wollan!

Vangellis

Banned for a month? hes lucky hes a mod I guess. What he did was way more than just say something stupid in a forum post. Abusing his power like that is worst thing he could do.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
BenjaminBirdie said:
Yes!

Worst case scenario, it can be deleted later.
Right. A lot of folks have the game - we need a thread to post in (one that's not like this one).

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
koam said:
But it was a "rejected script".. doesn't that mean that it doesn't actually happen?

The way read it, it was within the context of the game then talked about the script.

Either way it appeared to be about the game, truth of not its misleading.

squicken

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
You know what pisses me off about this though, it's not so much that the thread got deleted but that it was replaced with some shitty OP....a shitty OP with freakin' story spoilers. I've been trying my best to avoid spoilers at all costs and I've got one more day 'til I have the game and then I read that. By a mod no less. That's bullshit.

Exactly. Maybe it's time to examine the joke trolling done by staff, evil0re?

Proelite

This is really a shame. I know the internet forums is hardly serious business but respecting people's work and input should be universal, regardless of context and location.

guidop

Im now a very proud owner of Halo 3 legendary Ed. Sometimes its good to be Australian

Legendary Edition is a Class package your pants will defiantly EXPLODE

Proelite said:
This is really a shame. I know the internet forums is hardly serious business but respecting people's work and input should be universal, regardless of context and location.

Exactly. It has nothing to do with fanboy bitter tears, it's about respecting the monumental amount of work Ghaleon did, lol posts not withfuckingstanding.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
guidop said:
Legendary Edition is a Class package your pants will defiantly EXPLODE
It's awesome if you read this post like he spelled it.

pxleyes

Banned
In case we can't restore the whole thing...

header_f.png

Latest Update - 9/22: Matchmaking and playlist details added to Multiplayer section.Added three interviews, the new "Hunted" ad, and an article on the ad campaign.
Also moved the reviews section up to the top section.
-Previous Updates: Added interview with Marty O'Donnell and a Variety article summarizing the planned TV coverage of Halo 3.
----Games Radar unveils The Pit - a new MP map
----New VIDOC added to Official Films. Previews deleted in the interest of space. Check IGN and Gamespot for previews of new MP maps.
----Also - new podcast.
----Interview with the guys behind the "Believe" ad campaign added to the Articles section

Reviews

●Gamerankings page here. The online embargo for reviews expires at noon Pacific time on the 23rd.
----Famitsu has awarded Halo 3 a Platinum, scoring 10/9/9/9
----OXM Australia gave the game a perfect 10/10
----Press Start Online awarded Halo 3 its highest score, Gold

●You will NOT be banned for playing Halo 3 early. Read Microsoft's statement here.

SPOILERS ARE BEING SPREAD ON XBOX.COM AND XBOX LIVE THROUGH MESSAGES AND GAMERTAG NAMES.

BLOCK INCOMING MESSAGES ---> XBOX.COM --> MANAGE PROFILE --> PRIVACY SETTINGS

BLOCK POP-UP NOTIFICATIONS --> FROM 360, HIT GUIDE BUTTON --> PERSONAL SETTINGS --> NOTIFICATIONS --> UNCHECK ALL

WATCH OUT FOR SPIOLER FRIEND REQUESTS AS WELL - BEST TO NOT LOOK AT MESSAGES UNTIL YOU BEAT CAMPAIGN

Spoilers in this thread are being handled in accordance with bishoptl's announcement.

1) Post them in here, using spoiler tags
2) Be conservative with what you define a spoiler. Some people want NOTHING that has not been announced shown.
3) Do NOT post joke spoilers. A thousand crabby people from the Halo Nation will decend upon you.

Here's how you post a spoiler:
Frankie's bald!
ZOMG Highlight to read the secrets of the universe, and quote it to learn how to use'em.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read the second post of this thread - Tieno has a great collection of Halo and Bungie-related goodness there.

●Gamertags! Please do not add your Gamertag to this thread. I've started a Gamertag roundup thread over in the Online Forum.

Release Date
●North America and Australia: September 25th
●Europe: September 26th
●Japan: September 27th

SKUs

●Regular Edition - Cover Art - $59.99
●Collector's Edition - $69.99
●Legendary Edition - $129.99
----Details of the bonus contents for each are in this Weekly Update
----Photos of the final helmet packaging and stand of the LE can be found here.
----A preview of the bonus content is available here.

I can post the rest if we need it. Some of the formatting is off, but it's fixable.

Haunted

Stop with the lynch mob already - Tre was punished, Ghaleon has a backup ready to go and EviLore is hot at work restoring the other thread.

My god, Wollan tried to put this thread back on track, now it's high time the other Halo fans actually start talking about the game again.

And with that said... damn lucky Australian sobs!
emot-argh.gif

Kuroyume said:
Can we Halo fans get the Killzone thread as a make up gift?
You'll have to wait until it reaches 18k posts. :lol

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
EviLore said:
...Sorry guys...
Are you kidding me? I mean - it's not your fault - but are you kidding me that he really deleted the thread?

bj00rn

Banned
This would actually be a great prank if the original thread went up again after an hour or so...

Even though this is "just" a internet message board about "just" videogames, IF the thread is gone forever then it is not a funny prank but bad taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom