• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thread of Independent, Limited and Region Specific Retail Releases

mr lurtle

Next eastasiasoft announcment:

Sir Eatsalot for the Vita:
We are excited to announce another PS Vita exclusive. Sir Eatsalot will launch this winter (digital/physical)!
http://www.eastasiasoft.com/index.php/games/playstationrvita/sir-eatsalot

sireatsalot_thumb.jpg

I wonder if Okami HD will get a japan physical release on gen 8 systems like it did on PS3

It is. Only on PS4 though.
Here is the pricing for Japan:

PlayStation 4 physical version – 2,990 yen
PlayStation 4 digital version – 2,769 yen
PlayStation 4 limited edition – 4,990 yen
Xbox One digital version – 2,780 yen
PC digital version – 2,769 yen

Would be surprised if it didn't get one on PS4/XB1 here when it releases.

Physical release for Okami (at least in North Ameria) is confirmed.

The much loved and highly acclaimed BAFTA award-winning visual masterpiece Okami HD will be coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One both physically and digitally and as a digital download for Windows PC across North America on December 12, 2017 for MSRP $19.99. Experience a tidal wave of colorful action by downloading the new trailer and assets from the press site here.

That's a weird choice, a game that was announced in 2015, expected to release in Q2 2016 and now scheduled to 2018, with not a single piece of gameplay available...

They've been teaming up with Vita-exclusive developers who are active on Twitter, both Behind the Stone and Rainbite fall into this category.

I think it's pretty awesome. They've got a lot more planned for Vita too. I'm doing an interview with them soon, hoping to ask them about this kinda stuff.

Jimm

I got the sample version of Tachyon Project.

But I don't even care, soundtrack CD and game cart are fine and that's all I was after anyway.

Well if that's all it is, I'll keep mine too. All I want is the game the rest will sit in my closet til I die. Lol.

Well if that's all it is, I'll keep mine too. All I want is the game the rest will sit in my closet til I die. Lol.

Apparently it's missing a sticker on the back of the box, but honestly I wouldn't have noticed if EAS hadn't pointed it out to me on Twitter.

Aside from the fact that this version is rarer, I'm just happy with the game cart and CD.

Side note, this whole package is really professional, I'm impressed. Will definitely be ordering EAS' stuff again.

Jimm

Apparently it's missing a sticker on the back of the box, but honestly I wouldn't have noticed if EAS hadn't pointed it out to me on Twitter.

Aside from the fact that this version is rarer, I'm just happy with the game cart and CD.

Side note, this whole package is really professional, I'm impressed. Will definitely be ordering EAS' stuff again.

Ah ok thanks for the additional info.

Their editions are TOP NOTCH. I was sooo impressed by Ghost Blade HD. Again, all I care about is the game case but the extras, packaging care and cost and value is just beyond anything I've experienced.

Their editions are TOP NOTCH. I was sooo impressed by Ghost Blade HD. Again, all I care about is the game case but the extras, packaging care and cost and value is just beyond anything I've experienced.

Yeah, great stuff. I was also really impressed with the releases I've already received from them.

I got the sample version of Tachyon Project.

But I don't even care, soundtrack CD and game cart are fine and that's all I was after anyway.

I've received my copy of Tachyon Project this morning. It's a numbered one, not a sample. Comes with a holographic sticker with the serial number on it on the back of the box

mr lurtle

Also no sample for me. Damn! :p

Noticed the game is numbered -P4007 while Ghost Blade HD was -P4005.
Is RIVE -P4006 or what did I miss?

They're probably just releasing the same game as before with new box art and you download the free DLC just like everyone else.
While it very well could be the original release on cart with DLC as an extra download, this will still be the first physical release of the game.

ITSMILNER

Hey GAF, I want to pre-order the Switch Little Dew 2 and Tiny Barbarian retail releases, I see Play Asia have them but no mention of them being the launch editions. Is there a chance they won't be or am I safe ordering as I only want the launch editions?

Also, does anyone know of any codes for Play-Asia?

TheMoon

Hey GAF, I want to pre-order the Switch Little Dew 2 and Tiny Barbarian retail releases, I see Play Asia have them but no mention of them being the launch editions. Is there a chance they won't be or am I safe ordering as I only want the launch editions?

Also, does anyone know of any codes for Play-Asia?

if you're pre-ordering, there is no possibility to buy anything that is not a launch edition. this isn't ubisoft who makes 20 SKUs. this is a small publisher throwing extras into the first print.

Top Bottom