• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thread of Independent, Limited and Region Specific Retail Releases

I just got that e-mail and don't really understand what it means.

It means you may get a copy where something may be off. Like when they printed the cardboard box of the LE the print quality may not have been up to snuff in the first couple of samples they received from the company that printed it. There's often a couple iterations for that.

It means you may get a copy where something may be off. Like when they printed the cardboard box of the LE the print quality may not have been up to snuff in the first couple of samples they received from the company that printed it. There's often a couple iterations for that.

Probably. Like it'll say THIS IS A SAMPLE or something will be obviously a bit off.

Thanks chaps! Will have to keep an eye out then (though realistically, I'm only after the Vita cart anyway):

In other news, an odd exchange between Strictly Limited Games & SuperIcon (Life of Pixel):

https://twitter.com/SuperIconLtd/status/903188722866429953

So it seems LoP is coming to Vita in an expanded release over the PSM version. Is that possibly one of the games they're releasing physically?

zeopower6

In other news, an odd exchange between Strictly Limited Games & SuperIcon (Life of Pixel):

https://twitter.com/SuperIconLtd/status/903188722866429953

So it seems LoP is coming to Vita in an expanded release over the PSM version. Is that possibly one of the games they're releasing physically?

I don't think so... if anything though we know at least that they played a lot of Life of Pixel, lol. If this was a setup to advertise for the rerelease though, it's certainly an odd one.

I don't think so... if anything though we know at least that they played a lot of Life of Pixel, lol. If this was a setup to advertise for the rerelease though, it's certainly an odd one.

Heh yeah, probably just wishful thinking. Maybe they'll reach out though if they love it :p

i-Jest

NWpB5wA.gif

Lol I miss this show.

Samuray

Seems the "Earth Atlantis" release for PS4 has been canned. :(

Just got a canceleation email from Amazon.de. And here I was, even contemplating the possibility of a physical Switch release.

Samuray

So I got my UK Guacamelee today...after paying £15 in custom charges (I paid $20 in shipping). Anyone else have a similar experience?

Germany here, and although it was declared at full value...something they promised me they would not do....I actually didn't have to pay anything nor drive to the customs offices, which is very very surprising. Must have been a mistake on custom's side.

TheMoon

Germany here, and although it was declared at full value...something they promised me they would not do....I actually didn't have to pay anything nor drive to the customs offices, which is very very surprising. Must have been a mistake on custom's side.

the small cd/dvd-sized envelopes only get random sample checks most of the time (unless they come with fancy stickers and full paperwork glued to the envelope maybe). only bulky carboard boxes tend to get properly checked on a more regular basis.

Samuray

the small cd/dvd-sized envelopes only get random sample checks most of the time (unless they come with fancy stickers and full paperwork glued to the envelope maybe). only bulky carboard boxes tend to get properly checked on a more regular basis.

Can't confirm that for "my" customs office, although it all goes through Frankfurt initially, of course. But for me it's like this:

- small envelope, low value: Usually goes through
- small envelope, higher value: have to come there or pay at my front door
- larger box, value doesn't matter: have to come there personally
- if the value is declared in ¥ customs get confused and make me come there as well; 1100¥ looks like a LOT if you usually only think in € and $ so that PC Engine controller must be hella valuable!!!!!

TheMoon

what do we learn from this?

customs offices are run by weird people who do random shit to annoy people who import stuff.

At least I hope they don't place the goddamn USK rating logos.

Oh god, forgot about those.

I love having a quarter of the cover art covered in a logo that look like a roadworks sign.
Thankfully, Strictly Limited Games has stated on their Twitter page that fans shouldn't have to "worry about that" in reference to the USK logos. They acknowledged in a German message that those large ratings ruin the box art and "know to avoid" them in any applicable case.

I think they only just announced Reverie with this. May pick it up! I wonder if they'll do PS4.

They've been tweeting about the game for at least 7 months:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/5pvbo7/rainbite_tweet_picture_of_their_vita_project_any/

I'm just so happy it seems to be getting more recognition with this announcement. They deserve it, they've been ace at engaging with the Vita fanbase.

EAS also seem to be taking a keen liking to the platform moreso than ever lately which is great.

(Although I never understood why Lost Sea never came to Vita!)

Well as far as an official announcement like this. :p

Also... their Twitter seems to imply on Vita first... so PS4 version later?

Haha, they have been pretty vocal with the game (they did an interview with me a month ago) but yeah, this has certainly gotten it into the mainstream media.

They've always said it's Vita first and then they'll see. They've hinted that PS4 & Switch would be their platforms of choice after that.

Samuray

Awww man, I'm so weak. :-/

Really liking this "RIVE" version a lot more, simply from a packaging point of view, so I said fuck it and ordered one, and my LRG-"RIVE" isn't even here yet. It's on its way in that big-ass hold package I've been accumulating.
Pretty sure this will be a pain to move. Took forever to sell out at LRG, which probably means selling it for a really low price....especially here in Germany. Would stand a better chance on the US market, probably. Ah well. Collector's woes. ^^

Shizuka

I don't want to share my entire point of view before this issue is settled, but I'll tell y'all this: I'd advice against using Limited Run Games hold shipment service ever again.

If you have the funds to pay the full shipping, buy the game. If you don't, reconsider your purchasing habits and reflect if you really need that game you're thinking of buying.

chashodges

Neo Member
I don't want to share my entire point of view before this issue is settled, but I'll tell y'all this: I'd advice against using the hold shipment service ever again.

If you have the funds to pay the full shipping, buy the game. If you don't, reconsider your purchasing habits and reflect if you really need that game you're thinking of buying.

I have a lot of games that I've just 'released' from hold, so I'm a bit concerned by this post! I know a couple of mine haven't left manufacturing yet so I'm not worried yet. I'd hate for this to sully my otherwise pretty positive view on LR though.

Semoreh

I don't want to share my entire point of view before this issue is settled, but I'll tell y'all this: I'd advice against using the hold shipment service ever again.

Wrong topic.

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever use it again. Been waiting for ages...

Shizuka

I have a lot of games that I've just 'released' from hold, so I'm a bit concerned by this post! I know a couple of mine haven't left manufacturing yet so I'm not worried yet. I'd hate for this to sully my otherwise pretty positive view on LR though.

I think one of the biggest issues with the service is also keeping track of what's readily available and what's not. You may ask them to ship your games, but then you notice that some of the games are still in manufacturing, then what?

Wrong topic.

Fixed, now it's right.

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever use it again. Been waiting for ages...

At least I know I'm not the only one, I thought it was just me or something as I've never read anyone complaining about it.

At least I know I'm not the only one, I thought it was just me or something as I've never read anyone complaining about it.

From what they said on Twitter, it sounded like they pre-sold a lot of games in July/August, which weren't even manufactured yet. So we probably need to wait until all the games are released. I don't mind to wait, just worry that I'm going to miss out on something that maybe oversold. :-D

Semoreh

Well I've been waiting too, but that's part of the deal. I've released my held orders(going back to Furi in June !) on July 11th, and it's only been shipped on July 26th, so two full weeks later. Some of the games were delayed (or like Otaku-asia says : were not manufactured right away) and it's hard to keep track of which one blocks your order.

Overall that shipment will gather 7 distinct orders ; I'd have spent 7*22 = $154, and I only spent 5.5*6 + 15 = $48 so as long as it arrives I'll be happy.

Olengie

LRG needs to have a tracker of some sort. Even a simple page on their site would suffice

Example
Xeodrifter: On hand
Rainbow Moon: On hand
Octodad: Currently manufacturing
Stealth Boy: En route

etc

LRG needs to have a tracker of some sort. Even a simple page on their site would suffice

They used to only sell what they have in their hands, so it was pretty simple and straightforward. Maybe it has something to with the ESRB policy change, so they wanted to get a lot of games out in July/August.

Ventara

Nice, will definitely pick up Wonderboy for the Switch, though hopefully a physical Switch NA edition is announced before it releases.

Top Bottom