• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

TrickRoom

Well, sand attack should help, but man, that EXP spread is getting reaalllly thin. Probably victimized by integer division too. But at least it's something.

Grinding is painful. How about some rock tunnel or TM Psychic?

PBalfredo

Well, sand attack should help, but man, that EXP spread is getting reaalllly thin. Probably victimized by integer division too. But at least it's something.

Grinding is painful. How about some rock tunnel or TM Psychic?

Yeah, chat's usual strategy of "we'll probably grind as we throw ourselves against the next objective like waves against the rocks" is extra derpy when the current problem is that we can barely even hit the targets.

TrickRoom

That was the most agonizing battle for 145 EXP I have ever witnessed...

How many more of these will we be going through before we're properly leveled?

TrickRoom

Well, if they reach the healing spot at that one floor of the tower... they might be able to sustain themselves...

I seriously doubt it though.

Oh yeah we dug ourselves out, now we can heal...

the next game after this (if we manage to finish this one) should be Vietnamese Crystal
It is prone to crash if you use certain items though. Japanese green would be good for a suicide run though (the pokemon and item swapping glitch thing).

How does dig work on gastly but whirlwind does not? Shit is fucked up.
Welcome back to Gen 1. Levitate does not exist and whirlwind (and roar and many other moves) are completely useless.

RedShift

We can't go back in there, we need to grind, and grind hard.

Like 24 hours of grind. We need a fucking Hypno before we head back there.

Toxi

Banned
We can't go back in there, we need to grind, and grind hard.

Like 24 hours of grind. We need a fucking Hypno before we head back there.
Rock Tunnel was suggested and it seems like a better place.

Remember that we can also get a Ratticate out of the deal. :D

We need to buy great balls and catch ourselves a ghastly.
Gastly's main issue is that it's basically an inferior version of the mandatory ghosts we'll be fighting (Trainer battles).

It also has an incredibly shitty level up movepool outside its decent initial moveset.

Orayn

OK i have OT2 ready to go! Vote on title now.

Tentative title:

Twitch Plays Pokemon |OT2| TPP - [clever phrase here]

Despite the fact that I've been busy this week and haven't watched a whole lot of TPP, I'm really I started this thread. This is something special.

EDIT:

Twitch Plays Pokemon |OT2| New typewriter, old monkeys

YESSS. If my input matters at all, this is the OT2 title I want. Initial title anyway, since hilarious mod edits are inevitable.

Top Bottom