• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
StevePharma said:
Even if you can't contain yourself, I STRONGLY suggest you don't look at the scans....

there's a super mega ultra spoiler in one of the shots., albeit a very very cool one. I even had a bet with one of my friends about the possibility of this spoiler, he is going to owe me some beers :D

So I feel sad and good at the same time now.

Did you mean the scene with the
PLEASE DON'T RUIN THE GAME BY HIGHLIGHTING SPOILERS :/
?

Seriously, I can barely resist the temptation to check it out...

xion4360

Meisadragon said:
This is the breakdown.

Por partes:

Graficos 99

Sonido 99

Diversion 99

Duracion 97

That would be

Graphics 99

Audio 99

Entertainment/Fun Factor 99

Length/Longevity 97

Sephiroth503 said:
I wonder who's score will cause the most controversy again....I'll never forget the Invisible Walls after the Gametrailers score.

The GT score really wasn't a big deal. They gave it a great score. The controversy picked up when their MW2 review was released.

thuway

Dyni Crippler said:
Oh boy, another misused vote.
9.9 should only be for true masterpieces, like Deus Ex 1.
I love Uncharted, but it's no 9.9.

I want to see you nuked so bad right now.

Pranay_ said:
It looks like a great adventure

As cool as U3 looks I doubt "the best adventure in video game history" is even a quantifiable statement, but I'll totally buy that it's the best in the series.

Pranay

BigJiantRobut said:
As cool as U3 looks I doubt "the best adventure in video game history" is even a quantifiable statement, but I'll totally buy that it's the best in the series.

Well
Honestly the pics in the scans blew me away with the location and settings

sajj316 said:
Why not have an Uncharted 3 reviews thread like we had with Batman?
Review embargo isn't up until about a week before the game releases, I think, so we're not going to get a flood of reviews just yet.

hey_it's_that_dog said:
It's fine if that's your scoring philosophy, but it's not everyone's.

It's much easier to recognize that a game is revolutionary in hindsight. Most reviewers are going to assign a number to their experience of the game in the immediate present, and a non-revolutionary but extremely well-crafted game can give someone one of their best gaming experiences. So that's how scoring works.
Saw the post now.
Why can't all the answers be as gentle as this? I don't know, but hey.
Still, I understand that, but that's also why the 9 exists. For me, a 9 means a masterpiece, but not a timeless classics.
Then again, in the modern valutation a 6 is the equivalent of 4, it would seem. :\

thuway

Pranay_ said:
Well
Honestly the pics in the scans blew me away with the location and settings

Rate how hype you are from 1-10. I'm sad and won't even bother looking at scans due to my spoiler paranoia.

Thoraxes

Only 9.9?
Man Naughty Dog sure has fallen this generation.

I'll go get the flowers to lay in front of their former studio, because they're all probably fired by now or killed off by Sony.

(._.)

Banned
9.9/10 (tard scale)

- 2 points: for over hype and general rose tinted glasses most gaming journalists have on.
- 1 point: exclusive review means they gave it more love than it deserves compared to the average gaming jurno.

total : 6.9/10 (round it ^)

7/10 = above average game but nothing amazing.

sounds about right, accurate review imo.

986a8vx.jpg

Not good enough.

GTFO

Pranay

(._.) said:
9.9/10 (tard scale)

- 0.2 points: for over hype and general rose tinted glasses most gaming journalists have on.
- 01 point: exclusive review means they gave it more love than it deserves compared to the average gaming jurno.

total : 9.6/10 (round it ^)

Fixed

The scans revealed some new environments, but I wouldn't say they were particularly spoilery unless there's something I'm missing.

(._.) said:
9.9/10 (tard scale)

- 2 points: for over hype and general rose tinted glasses most gaming journalists have on.
- 1 point: exclusive review means they gave it more love than it deserves compared to the average gaming jurno.

Actually, Uncharted is pretty much a "How to do a cinematic shooter" guide for everyone else. The AI works good, the level design offers a good degree of liberty, the gameplay feels fluid and dinamic, and it still manages to feel like a movie.
Better put on an IMO now, or else I'm gonna get killed.

Dragon

Banned
(._.) said:
9.9/10 (tard scale)

This should go next to trolling in the dictionary.

Cruzader

Banned
Mpl90 said:
No game will ever beat the 11/10 given to Galaxy by the Italian Official Nintendo Magazine.
NO GAME.
...9.9 is ridiculous as well, however :lol
I hope that is fake. If this is true, how can Sony fans be more batshit crazy as told on Gaf? The way I see it:

Sega fans>Valve fans=Apple fans> Nintendo fans > Sony fans

(._.)

Banned
Dyni Crippler said:
Actually, Uncharted is pretty much a "How to do a cinematic shooter" guide for everyone else. The AI works good, the level design offers a good degree of liberty, the gameplay feels fluid and dinamic, and it still manages to feel like a movie.
Better put on an IMO now, or else I'm gonna get killed.
you a viral marketer breh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom