• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffyside

Banned
Can people also post twitter impressions in here? SolidSnakex made a comment on the first page about rave twitter comments. I'd like to know more.

JWong

Banned
Second said:
Heh, never knew that Amy Henning also worked on the Legacy of Kain series. Just did a wikipedia stalk.

LoK series is one of my most beloved franchises. Soul Reaver is my personal best game ever.

Amy Henning respect +1000000000000000
"Kain was Deified"

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Duffyside said:
Can people also post twitter impressions in here? SolidSnakex made a comment on the first page about rave twitter comments. I'd like to know more.
Gamekult and Gameblog journalists have to stay muted, but you can see in some of their tweets how hard it is to hide their enjoyment. GOTY again!

Cyberia

Duffyside said:

Varth said:
Got mine today, but it was supposed to be there last friday. So yeah...

Played it for an hour, and I'm inclined to confirm what GR guy said. It's people-stopping stuff. Really. Had to stop playing because the crowd of bystanders from the office got too big.

@Nathan_Irvine: That's yer Uncharted 3 completed. Breathless action from start to finish. You're in for a treat.

More:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31673869&postcount=588
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31688488&postcount=646
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31696908&postcount=690

And those are just a few.

Cyberia

marc^o^ said:
Gamekult and Gameblog journalists have to stay muted, but you can see in some of their tweets how hard it is to hide their enjoyment. GOTY again!

Coming from a site like Gamekult that's quite a achievement.

Second said:

sogood.gif

It's sad to know that even in SE/Eidos/CD rebbots or resumes the franchise, it wont be the same without Amy Henning and Tony Jay.

Saw some of the shots... pretty awesome. Definitely STAY AWAY from the magazine. I speak spanish, too, so I need to definitely disappear or something.

P.S. Just a few more days til the AMC event in San Francisco :D

Also, attendees with premium passes are supposed to get the game a week early. Can't wait!

Pranay

Got some stuffs from review though spannish gaf can help me out -

No spoilers just the positive and negative

if someone can translate it proprely. [google translate aint helping]

The Good
graficos, doblaje, situaciones, jugabilidad es una joya casi sin puntos debbiles

The bad
algunos niveles recuerdan bastante a lo visto en uncharted 2 nada mas

wabo

Banned
Pranay_ said:
Got some stuffs from review though spannish gaf can help me out -

No spoilers just the positive and negative

if someone can translate it proprely. [google translate aint helping]

The Good
graficos, doblaje, situaciones, jugabilidad es una joya casi sin puntos debbiles

The bad
algunos niveles recuerdan bastante a lo visto en uncharted 2 nada mas

The Good: Graphics, voice acting, situations, playability is a jewel with almost no weak points.

The Bad: Some levels remind what was seen in Uncharted 2, nothing else.

Truespeed

You know, I didn’t quite gather it. I don’t want to come across as defensive -- how do I phrase this properly? When people don't give Uncharted 3 a perfect score, it kind of upsets me because I know Uncharted 3 is the best game ever made.

Luthos

The bad is that some parts remind me of one of my favorite games of the gen, nay, ever?

I think I can live with that.

Cruzader

Banned
Was "Gamesradar " or "game reactor" the troll review site that gave Uncharted 2 its "first" or possibly the lowest score for the game?

I remember them(the reviewer) taking away points because of the dumbest shit you could think of. It was due to the snow steps disappearing after you walked a few steps ahead which was contested by the users. I think they were ultimately proven wrong and they didnt change their score. The reviewer him/herself didnt bother to make an apology but the guy in charged had to.

Also some of the site's reviewer's (aka Journalists) decided to reply to user comments and posted fanboy shit like why Halo (unsure which one) was way better and why it got a better score than U2.

OMG can someone digg this shit up? That thread was fucking epic. Not only that but the game site did it to fuck with the game's high metacritic score. I still cant believe there are "professionals" who act like fucking idiots.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So the .1 is left to your imagination?

Game is a solid 9.9, but in your mind it can be a 10!

GraveRobberX

Maybe this 9.9 can wash away the 9.9 of Jade Empire, so when a game gets a 9.9 they go Oh Uncharted 3 9.9, no more the Jade Empire 9.9

God that was a classic

Jade Empire

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Combichristoffersen said:
I thought UC1's final boss was the one who was considered bad, unless people consider UC2 as having a bad final boss too?

I would consider UC2 endboss one of the worst in gaming.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I thought UC1's final boss was the one who was considered bad, unless people consider UC2 as having a bad final boss too?
I despised the UC2 final boss. Especially on Crushing difficulty. Forget the fact that the battle itself is silly in the context of the story, what happens in the actual battle is almost antithetical to the rest of the game in terms of gameplay.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Brandon F said:
I would consider UC2 endboss one of the worst in gaming.

How? I haven't played the games myself (only the demos), but I watched the final boss fights of both UC1 and 2 on YouTube, and UC2 looked tense (and kinda infuriating), while UC1 just looked really dull.

Solo

Both are bad. I would argue that UC2's is worse and terri-bad. A final boss fight that employs a mechanic you don't use barely at all in the game is never a good idea. UC2 has probably the worst final boss battle I can ever recall in an otherwise incredible game.

Cyberia

Cruzader said:
Was "Gamesradar " or "game reactor" the troll review site that gave Uncharted 2 its "first" or possibly the lowest score for the game?

I remember them(the reviewer) taking away points because of the dumbest shit you could think of. It was due to the snow steps disappearing after you walked a few steps ahead which was contested by the users. I think they were ultimately proven wrong and they didnt change their score. The reviewer him/herself didnt bother to make an apology but the guy in charged had to.

Gamedaily. That was such a laughable bad review.

When expecting a perfect game, given the amount of tens bestowed upon Uncharted 2, these are the kinds of things you can't help but see. It no longer becomes a pursuit of whether the game is worth it or not. If any game in 2009 deserves a purchase, it is undoubtedly Uncharted 2. But taking a very close look, it isn't perfect.

But as Nathan walks on the snow, shouldn't his feet make imprints into the ground? Instead, it just looks like the snow billows underfoot, disappearing in the ****c video game manner all footprints usually disappear.

LOL. Thankfully it no longer exists.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375555&page=72

:D

GraveRobberX

I still want to know how he got to have that many grenades

Does he have a factory/outlet that sells them by the bushel?

Good Lord, it was raining grenades, I mean in Deux Ex Human Revolution the first boss does the same shit, but you go Oh augs/technology, the motherfuckers arms becomes a fucking canon, so he must have stockpile of them

Corto

Death Dealer said:
Sigh. To be expected I'm sure, but it would be good if the series doesn't become formulaic.

It's Drake, it's Uncharted. Different locations, different set pieces, different enemies are enough to make it fresh enough.

Yoboman

Solo said:
Both are bad. I would argue that UC2's is worse and terri-bad. A final boss fight that employs a mechanic you don't use barely at all in the game is never a good idea. UC2 has probably the worst final boss battle I can ever recall in an otherwise incredible game.
What mechanic are you talking about?

Yoboman

Pranay_ said:
The reason why it lost .1 mark -

312209_223158421081606_124203117643804_634586_325954080_n.jpg

The Gun is sticking on drake back o.o

trollface
Argh

That is a pet peeve of mine, when guns/swords just hang on the back in thin air

Its forgivable in multiplayer but now I AM BOYCOTTING THIS PRODUCT

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Both Uncharted games tank in quality towards the end when you have to deal with the shitful monster encounters and the inevitably bad end boss.

I don't mind the supernatural stuff in the game, but I've got my fingers crossed that third time will be the charm for Uncharted 3.

Yoboman said:
Argh

That is a pet peeve of mine, when guns/swords just hang on the back in thin air

Its forgivable in multiplayer but now I AM BOYCOTTING THIS PRODUCT

Nathan has velco on his Shirt and on the Shot gun, i cant see what the issue is.

Aguirre

Pranay_ said:
The reason why it lost .1 mark -

312209_223158421081606_124203117643804_634586_325954080_n.jpg

The Gun is sticking on drake back o.o

trollface
this is covered in a q/a session:

drake has a magnetic plate embedded into his t-shirt on his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom